Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

10 minutes ago, UserHN said:

CM was review bombed by haters. Just look at the audience score, only 56% whereas its Cinemascore is 'A'.

So what? Transformers: Dark Of The Moon got an 'A' Cinemascore with 55% RT audience score. Care to explain that?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So what? Transformers: Dark Of The Moon got an 'A' Cinemascore with 55% RT audience score. Care to explain that?

Maybe b/c it was a bad movie as indicated by it's 35% critic review score.

Taste aside, it didn't not have a immensely disproportionate number of votes headed by a very public hate campaign of butthurt manbabies

To pretend there's some other reason is monumentally disingenuous

• Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Lancelot Gold said:

I wouldn't be surprised if phase 3 is kind of the end of stand-alone movies. Like how GotG 3 will also be Thor 4. There might be a couple, but I think more will be mixed.

I really hope this isn't the case.

Also, am I the only one who feels like a Black Widow movie is pointless after Endgame? It would do decent at the box office in terms of pure dollars because of the immense strength of the brand but relatively speaking it would surely be Marvel Studios' own Solo. You can quote me on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Also, am I the only one who feels like a Black Widow movie is pointless after Endgame? It would do decent at the box office in terms of pure dollars because of the immense strength of the brand but relatively speaking it would surely be Marvel Studios' own Solo. You can quote me on that.

Black Widow movie might not be about ScarJo Black Widow. Apparently there are other Black Widows

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Luckily they're not recasting the main lead

14 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

What's there to explain? That means the audience loved Dark of the Moon. Just look at how leggy that film was, 3.6x multi. That also means that the RT score of that movie can't be trusted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Luckily they're not recasting the main lead

True, but personally I feel like, given the character's fate in this movie, there's just so little reason to make a Black Widow movie.

It'll be like, sure, she's dead but let's take a peak at a random adventure of hers from back whenever. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Endgame back at 97% on RT with 386 reviews!!

Edit: I refreshed it and now again it's on 96%. 

Edited by Surajjj

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Oh I know how that feels. But at such times I just take a step back, stay low and wait till the chatter dies down. Of course with Endgame that might take longer than usual. 

*raises hand slowly and cautiously*

:)

====

I'm, mostly, sitting back and letting the stans exult in the historic performance of their fav movie (there's a reason why I haven't been parked in the WE thread, after all, just making the occasional comment). 

And why wouldn't I?  They're feeling incredible joy at an historic performance.  Why on earth would I want to piss in their cheerios at such a time? Even accidentally?

Sure I'm seeing more than one comment that is making my eyes roll out of the back of my head (and I won't even dare to hint what I'm looking askance at so don't try to guess ;)).  But for the most part I'm keeping shtum.

Partially coz I don't want to give the appearance of sour grapes.  Mostly though, time and place.  There's a time and place to engage posts that I find... irksome, and now isn't it. :)

So, yeah, I feel what TOG and Panda where saying.  But I also feel what everyone else is saying too.  Like, let people celebrate a little (or a lot ;)).  There'll be plenty of time to debate EG to our hearts content.

BOT's not going anywhere, after all. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Anything Black Window related should be a Disney+ thing. I don't see how she could sell a movie by herself. Marvel lies. I wouldn't be surprised if the talk about a movie was to throw people off of her dying. Either that, or it will be a Black Widow/Hawkeye/Fury unnecessary prequel.

The thing is Marvel didn't announce anything. They can't lie if they never announced stuff.

15 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What's there to explain? That means the audience loved Dark of the Moon. Just look at how leggy that film was, 3.6x multi. That also means that the RT score of that movie can't be trusted.

it opened on Tuesday , multiplier is fubar

56 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am sorry captain marvel in this film was rather meh

I wished to see something more of her in Eg then smash smash

She'll get plenty more screen time in future movies; remember this one is for the OG Avengers to shine.

Just now, acetabulum said:

She'll get plenty more screen time in future movies; remember this one is for the OG Avengers to shine.

Unless you're Clint then you just run around with a glove for the entire fight. :ph34r: Though in all seriousness I only have 3 big issues with Endgame and the IW squad stealing the spotlight was one of them.

39 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Aren't you tired to be an ASSHOLE on every big tentpole movie thread? From Star Wars to the MCU. Always just bad news collected from everywhere or just just commenting on a very negative way (trolling). You suck the joy of out everything.

If you don't like these movies, fine!!! You have plenty of other threads you might like and thrive on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JB33 said:

True, but personally I feel like, given the character's fate in this movie, there's just so little reason to make a Black Widow movie. 

Something happened with Widow we're not made privy to.  Banner's "I tried so hard to bring her back" seemed very foreshadowy to me. 

If I remember correctly, in the comics it's Steve using the Cosmic Cube that inadvertently brings Bucky back, so I think they either gave themselves an out or are actually setting that up already.

Posted (edited)

Call me cynical, but I feel like Marvel was banking significantly less on a Black Widow solo film after Scarlett Johnasson failed to get another solo hit after the Lucy breakout in 2014 - especially after Ghost in the Shell (a movie that looked like a potential box office bomb from a mile away) landed with a thud. Well, that and the well-documented issues that the previous MCU bigwigs had with female characters and their supposed inability to sell toys. But I digress.

As I posted in the review thread, I feel like Natasha's death makes a lot of sense within the context of the narrative. There aren't many other characters who would seem as motivated to sacrifice themselves as one who feels that she has no family outside of the Avengers, and her death is impactful because she has been a crucial component of the Avengers films *and* multiple character-driven joints (Iron Man 2, Winter Soldier, Civil War). Let's put it this way: I really didn't want her to die, yet she had so much more motivation than any of the other Avengers to do so. She has proven selfless in the other films, she clearly wants Clint to be happy and cares deeply about his familial happiness (as indicated by the playful repartee she shares with the entire Barton family in the farm scenes in Age of Ultron), and she sees a future for Clint - and others - if the plan works that she cannot see for herself.

That said, I'm also game to see any movie - prequel, sequel (with contrivance-driven shenanigans and all), or some combination thereof - in which Johansson gets to kick all kinds of ass as Black Widow.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

In Rocket/Thor's timeline

1. I've got no idea what happens in Thor:TDW so I'm not sure what not having the Aether changes.

Cap puts the Aether back in Jane while returning all the stones, so that timeline is unchanged.

Can i just say that moment when all the female avengers assembled, my god! It truly was fangasm moment...god!!! Epic! 

• Like 2

When Quill meets Gamora in the final battle it seemed to be framed like when Cage first meets Rita in EoT. 

Come me find me when you wake up.

Edit:Actually the 3rd time they meet and it’s not as close as I was thinking.