Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)

Given that Brie won her Oscar due to how well she was able to interact with Jacob Tremblay in Room and establish believable chemistry with him, it shouldn't have been a surprise that, for me, her two best acted scenes across CM and Endgame both involve an exchange with youngsters:
The suit-choosing scene with Monica in Captain Marvel.
"Hey Peter Parker, got something for me?" in Endgame.
It's a shame she's not going to be able to interact with 10-year old Cassie.

Edited by gadd

Posted (edited)

Makes Infinity War seem like Thor 2 (exaggeration but it was that much better for me) Infinitely better than the rest. On a personal satisfaction level of Shawshank Redemption for me. Ive seen zero films 3 times in theaters. This one going at least 5

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

It didn't connect with me; it is overall still good but I rank it below the original Avengers and Infinity War.

I felt the jokes this time were awkward and too forced; especially those from war machine. Russo brothers pushed too hard for Capt to be the lead; and I felt Chris Evan's delivery was not that good.

RDJ's acting saved the movie.... and that emotional ending probably was what audiences and critics left the theater thinking about, hence such strong WoM.

The end battle was grand but very messy.

When infinity war came out, people were having articles that said they could understand and support Thanos, lol. But the Thanos in this timeline was just plain evil...

Infinity War was terrible in comparison. WTH was vision.

2 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

It didn't connect with me; it is overall still good but I rank it below the original Avengers and Infinity War.

I felt the jokes this time were awkward and too forced; especially those from war machine. Russo brothers pushed too hard for Capt to be the lead; and I felt Chris Evan's delivery was not that good.

RDJ's acting saved the movie.... and that emotional ending probably was what audiences and critics left the theater thinking about, hence such strong WoM.

The end battle was grand but very messy.

When infinity war came out, people were having articles that said they could understand and support Thanos, lol. But the Thanos in this timeline was just plain evil...

The Thanos in this film was different from the original Thanos.

This Thanos saw that his noble plan was going to fail and realized he had to be more extreme thus less likeable. 

In the end if you are making a film about the heroes I think they dialled down Thanos to not make him overshadow things again. 

• Like 1

I missed this on both viewings but I have seen an image which confirms this actually happened and it makes me love the movie even more than I already did.
Howard the freakin' Duck was in that battle at the end. He showed up with the Ravagers and was on Hope's left when she returned. They did that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Infinity War was terrible in comparison. WTH was vision.

He was killed in IW, not snapped. Also I believe he is basically part of the mind stone. With the mind stone in the gauntlet, I don't know how he would have been revived.

• Sad 1

People gave standing ovation to this movie, I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime. Now having watched this movie 3 times, I can say yaa this movie is really the greatest CBM if you have watched all 21 previous marvel movie.

Russos and the writer deserves so much accolades for this, Infinity war was action packed, so in endgame they went for the characters we love, 

Infinity War almost had Thanos be the main character. The film was his journey. It was a his film. The three act film arc was about him. 

Endgame is about the big three (Cap, Tony, Thor) and the avengers. The films arc revolves around them not Thanos.

It's a perfect mirror image in a way and may make it seem like Thanos is 'worse' in this film. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, gadd said:

I missed this on both viewings but I have seen an image which confirms this actually happened and it makes me love the movie even more than I already did.
Howard the freakin' Duck was in that battle at the end. He showed up with the Ravagers and was on Hope's left when she returned. They did that.

Hah!  I did not see that.  I didn't even notice The Ravagers there was so much going on.

16 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

He was killed in IW, not snapped. Also I believe he is basically part of the mind stone. With the mind stone in the gauntlet, I don't know how he would have been revived.

White vision would have been easily to explain and bring back.

Posted (edited)

I sort of wanted thanos fight the strongest avengers with all 6 infinity stones near the climax of the  battle.

I just found the thanos vs avengers fights never really topped the dr and Im and thanos fights in iw.

I think I missed the OP thanos lol

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Thor was the MVP of the movie!

Loved him but he comes in around 5th for me - no knock but Tony, Steve, Nat, Ant-Man were all fantastic - as was Professor Hulk and Nebula and Rocket and even Rhodey finally got the shine (oh yeah Clint to but not really int the Ronin bit except for how Scarlett played Nat so wounded for him)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Loved him but he comes in around 5th for me - no knock but Tony, Steve, Nat, Ant-Man were all fantastic - as was Professor Hulk and Nebula and Rocket and even Rhodey finally got the shine (oh yeah Clint to but not really int the Ronin bit except for how Scarlett played Nat so wounded for him)

:apocalypse:

I might need to reassess our friendship  

Posted (edited)

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-captain-america/

Avengers: Endgame explained: Captain America's closing scene

Chris Evans gives fans a sentimental journey to remember with Steve Rogers

Other Worlds Than These

As the movie’s time-travel tutorial explains, no one goes back to their own past. Cap’s journey to return the stones was to the past of other dimensions, and by restoring the chronology they sync back up with the main timeline.

But when he stayed behind, it was within one of these branched realities — and refusing to tell Sam the full story was a wink toward the audience: Yes, something happened there. Cap had a life, and perhaps some adventures. But no, we don’t get to find out what they were.

Still… Bucky knew. Somehow, and it’s probably more than just intuition. He was aware that Cap was going to live in the past. Maybe he had run into that older Cap before. The Falcon certainly hadn’t.

So how did Old Cap jump back into the main timeline for this goodbye with his friends?

There’s a Disney+ streaming series called Falcon and Winter Soldier. Maybe we’ll find out more then.

Though even the comments in the article seem to miss the point.    Peggy's life in the original time line wasn't altered, nor was Steve's. They reunited lived their life in a branch realty that was created when he stayed back in time.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

:apocalypse:

I might need to reassess our friendship  

:lol:

I loved the first scene with him and Lilah and the family and when he went back and just missed seeing her.  All the stuff with Nat was great.  But the Ronin bit - meh.

• Disbelief 1