Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

37 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but it was so nice to see Joe Russo as an openly gay character in this. 

Sure. It was just a few lines but it's still something, especially in the most hyped movie ever (and possibly the highest grossing one)

Maybe it's because I'm not exposed to bigots online (I didn't even see CM controversy outside of here lol) but I haven't seen anyone mad about it? I mean, didn't some people try to boycott BATB over 2 seconds? Lmao. 

I've seen people in the LGBTQ community and people who support it be mad because the Russos were patting their back for doing the bare minimum. I kind of agree. Having a gay character with no name and speaks only three lines isn't really much to celebrate over. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)

I repeat myself but

Captain America saying

AVENGERS ......     ASSEMBLE  

with the Avengers theme and the epic shot of all the Avengers

will be remembered far beyond our mortal lives.

On my second viewing, it sent shivers down my spine.

I never felt that during a movie.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I've seen people in the LGBTQ community and people who support it be mad because the Russos were patting their back for doing the bare minimum. I kind of agree. Having a gay character with no name and speaks only three lines isn't really much to celebrate over. 

It's like when the MCU patted themselves on the back for having the first black lead and the first female lead after having 15+ white male leads.

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I repeat myself but

Captain America saying

Not quite for me. It was kinda epic I can respect it but I don't know, I've seen this troupe done so much better so many times.

I feel like I'm crazy or something for not loving this film... I liked IW gave it a 7/10 but this was just too long and boring.

I did like how Thanos was sitting outside waiting for the fight then the 3 lads standing over looking down it him , it reminded me of DBZ (dbz does it better).

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I repeat myself but

Captain America saying

On my second viewing, it sent shivers down my spine.

I never felt that during a movie.

Didn’t work for well; the tone of his “assemble” felt a little bit off for me

anyway I can see that they are trying to make it grand and let audience have goosebumps; but some scenes just did not really click with me..

Same for the female superhero scenes; too delineate. Like only the females happen to be free at that time to help Peter Parker? Haha.

Posted (edited)

Some prefer fast paced. Considering your love for Avatar not sure how you could consider anything long or boring. (PS I Love Avatar but that was just too easy)

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

bare minimum?

Isn't the goal to show gay characters in movies just like they are in regular life.  That's what they did.  It was totally believable. 

However if they emphasized  the sexuality of a character when it has nothing to do with the plot that would have been pandering. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Being a critical is not being an A-hole, chill out. I think End Game is the best Avengers movie and they got more right than wrong this time, i was very impressed until third act divulged into typical blockbuster, but they stuck the landing mostly 

Wow interesting so did you like the first and 2nd act more than the 3rd? 

Edited by cdsacken

55 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

But we didn’t get any closure. What happened when Russo’s characters original partner was snapped back into existence?

His name is Arnie Roth. And he was talking about his husband Michael. And until I get a word of god retcon on that head canon, I BELIEVE that was my bae. 

(Arnie Roth was Marvel’s first openly gay character In the 1980s who was Cap’s BFF.)

16 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Well, I got mad with BATB and Fantastic Beasts because they were highly publicized and ended up not even being the "bare minimum"

But I hadn't heard anything about this one (maybe I just avoided it trying to stay spoiler free?) so it was a nice surprise and an emotional moment for me. And it's still a big deal because it brings a lot of visibility considering how huge Endgame is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I’m a gay guy and the Russo thing was so minor that it didn’t even register with me until I read it here lol. I don’t think it can be celebrated as being progressive or “brave”. 

• Like 1

Woke up and still can’t believe my favourite Avenger died. 

I cant believe it didn’t even cross my mind as a possibility prior to release. 

Black Widow is an amazing character. At least people can’t downplay her involvement with the Avengers now. She sacrificed herself to save everyone. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Woke up and still can’t believe my favourite Avenger died. 

I cant believe it didn’t even cross my mind as a possibility prior to release. 

Black Widow is an amazing character. At least people can’t downplay her involvement with the Avengers now. She sacrificed herself to save everyone. 

Really? I figured he was most likely to die. I love his character even more now. Love what they did with Thor too.

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Really? I figured he was most likely to die. I love his character even more now. Love what they did with Thor too.

Black Widow is my favourite Avenger! 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Black Widow is my favourite Avenger! 

She skyrocketed up in my ranks let me tell you. Add another 200 million WW to her movie!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Iron Man was always my favorite character. I have to say, as far as deaths go, this is probably the all-time best. I AM IRON MAN. Amazing. And, then he snaps his fingers. Usually movies give main characters shitty deaths. I'm looking at you TLJ. So, the way Iron Man sacrificed himself was amazing. I mean, it's sad that he's dead, but that scene was incredible.

Black Widow also had a great death.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thanos being able to hold Thor's axe was bullshit. Worthy my ass.

Edit I get it storm breaker doesn't have the enchantment. Thor's hammer still didn't do enough either. 

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

She skyrocketed up in my ranks let me tell you. Add another 200 million WW to her movie!

She’s always been my favourite character, but I’m glad to see she’s moving up the ranks for others!

Just now, cdsacken said:

Thanos being able to hold Thor's axe was bullshit. Worthy my ass.

You don't have to be worthy to hold the axe. In the first Thor movie, Odin puts a spell on his hammer that makes it only possible for those worthy to wield it. The axe has no such enchantment on it.

• Like 2

Just now, Krissykins said:

She’s always been my favourite character, but I’m glad to see she’s moving up the ranks for others!

I liked her but wasn't like omg #1.

She went up a ton from middle of the pack to #3 or #4. She's incredible 

1 minute ago, CloneWars said:

You don't have to be worthy to hold the axe. In the first Thor movie, Odin puts a spell on his hammer that makes it only possible for those worthy to wield it. The axe has no such enchantment on it.

Ah damn still that evil doosh should be injured touching it.