Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

41 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Ultron still the best Avengers villain tbh

.....um I agree..I feel weird saying this.

However Brolin was AMAZING

Edited by cdsacken

11 minutes ago, Claudio said:

And the music that comes afterwards.... 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Definitely gonna watch it again sometime this coming week. Scared though how much Nat's death might hit me on a 2nd viewing. I think I was too much in a state of shock to fully process her death cause I really thought she  was the safest out of the OG6 going into the film.

😭😭

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

You don't have to be worthy to hold the axe. In the first Thor movie, Odin puts a spell on his hammer that makes it only possible for those worthy to wield it. The axe has no such enchantment on it.

Incoming rant, but not like there were eleven years to have seen the rest of the movies so this same answer doesn't keep needing to be told over... and over... and over.

I wasn't planning to do a rewatch so soon after doing a rewatch over the course of the month, but a friend who coasted through some of the previous films and only paid attention to "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" wants me specifically to see "Endgame" with her. I told her I wouldn't go with her unless she watched the core films necessary to understand the final one. At first she didn't think it was necessary, but during "The Avengers" (which she hadn't ever seen,) things she saw in "Infinity War" started to click for her, and after we got through "Iron Man 3", she stated she understood why I have such an intense dislike for miscast Brie Larson and her uncharismatic, bland characterization of Captain Marvel. She had never seen any of the "Iron Man" trilogy, and thus didn't realize the commitment, effort, and dedication Robert Downey, Jr. has imbued into his character over the past eleven years until doing so.

She hasn't seen "Captain America: Civil War" or "Spider-Man: Homecoming" yet, so she stated, "When Peter Parker died in Tony's arms, it was sad, but I didn't get why there were people crying in the theater." 🙄

This is my... "Why...?"... with people rushing to be seen as "hip" and seeing "Infinity War" and "Endgame", maybe a sprinkle of the other films, without at least having watched the core stories. It's not just doing a disservice to the cinematic experience Marvel Studios has done such a wonderful job in crafting and maintaining, it's doing an even bigger disservice to oneself. The major events of "Infinity War" and "Endgame," small details like Captain America saying, "Hail Hydra," or why all the spaces scenes have classic '70s songs, and so on are missed and lost, and makes for a "What is even the point" to see the movie and only understand... Bad Guy beat Heroes. Heroes regroup, solve problem. Heroes beat Bad Guy.

The amount of satisfaction gained from thorough understanding and true engagement more than outweighs the satisfaction gained from the childish feeling of not being left out during opening weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I Am said:

Incoming rant, but not like there were eleven years to have seen the rest of the movies so this same answer doesn't keep needing to be told over... and over... and over.

I wasn't planning to do a rewatch so soon after doing a rewatch over the course of the month, but a friend who coasted through some of the previous films and only paid attention to "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" wants me specifically to see "Endgame" with her. I told her I wouldn't go with her unless she watched the core films necessary to understand the final one. At first she didn't think it was necessary, but during "The Avengers" (which she hadn't ever seen,) things she saw in "Infinity War" started to click for her, and after we got through "Iron Man 3", she stated she understood why I have such an intense dislike for miscast Brie Larson and her uncharismatic, bland characterization of Captain Marvel. She had never seen any of the "Iron Man" trilogy, and thus didn't realize the commitment, effort, and dedication Robert Downey, Jr. has imbued into his character over the past eleven years until doing so.

She hasn't seen "Captain America: Civil War" or "Spider-Man: Homecoming" yet, so she stated, "When Peter Parker died in Tony's arms, it was sad, but I didn't get why there were people crying in the theater." 🙄

This is my... "Why...?"... with people rushing to be seen as "hip" and seeing "Infinity War" and "Endgame", maybe a sprinkle of the other films, without at least having watched the core stories. It's not just doing a disservice to the cinematic experience Marvel Studios has done such a wonderful job in crafting and maintaining, it's doing an even bigger disservice to oneself. The major events of "Infinity War" and "Endgame," small details like Captain America saying, "Hail Hydra," or why all the spaces scenes have classic '70s songs, and so on are missed and lost, and makes for a "What is even the point" to see the movie and only understand... Bad Guy beat Heroes. Heroes regroup, solve problem. Heroes beat Bad Guy.

The amount of satisfaction gained from thorough understanding and true engagement more than outweighs the satisfaction gained from the childish feeling of not being left out during opening weekend.

I know where you are coming from. There are a lot of causal movie goers. Most of us here have all seen the movies since the beginning, but for many others, 22 films is a daunting task, especially those who just started getting into the films. Not everyone cares as much. They just want to watch to be entertained. But, yah, seeing all the movies is worth it, and that Hail Hydra bit was glorious. TWS is my favorite MCU movie.

Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man ("Iron Man" 2008) and Scarlett Johansenn as Black Widow ("Iron Man 2" 2010) were the first two superheroes we are introduced to who remained a part of this beautiful cinematic experience and they are the only two to die in the final chapter of it. ☹️😔

Edited by I Am

Hi, I’m Steve Rogers, cleaning up the timelines Deadpool style. 

18 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I know where you are coming from. There are a lot of causal movie goers. Most of us here have all seen the movies since the beginning, but for many others, 22 films is a daunting task, especially those who just started getting into the films. Not everyone cares as much. They just want to watch to be entertained. But, yah, seeing all the movies is worth it, and that Hail Hydra bit was glorious. TWS is my favorite MCU movie.

In truth, they want to watch it because everyone else is watching it.

Which is a poor use of one's time.

It's been a year since "Infinity War."

If one can find time to fit a two and a half hour long movie and a three hour movie into their schedule, just for the purpose of not feeling left out, one could also have found the time to watch the core stories (which I consider to be fifteen movies) over the past year.

The greater the understanding, the greater the payoff. My friend is getting it now, and when she sees "Endgame," I'll bet she'll appreciate that I suggested she start from the start of the first chapter, rather than from starting from the start of the last chapter. That's not to say that I get a kick out of her appreciating me; I want her (and everyone else) to experience the final arc of this MCU era with the same emotional intensity that many others, you, and I experienced. It makes the ride much more satisfying.

Edited by I Am

I expect FFH to get a huge boost because of EG effect. I think $500M DOM could be in play. And, to be honest, the trailer doesn't get me much excited or anything, but the MCU is on fire right now.

I did notice and our Scottish audience appreciated the Irn Bru bottle in Thor’s man cave 😂🙌🏻

New Asgard was clearly here in Scotland but I can’t work out where. 

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I expect FFH to get a huge boost because of EG effect. I think $500M DOM could be in play. And, to be honest, the trailer doesn't get me much excited or anything, but the MCU is on fire right now.

Sony will definitely emphasise the Endgame connections as much as they can in the 2nd Trailer.  

12 hours ago, Lancelot Gold said:

All these people hating on the scene with all the women. I knew watching it that there would be people complaining for no reason about it. I thought it was great. The audience thought it was great. It got a huge cheer both times I've seen it. Only cheer louder was Cap wielding Moljnir. Not everything in a movie has to be for you.

i liked the scene too as it shows how strong the female characters were. The scene in IW was really good too as well.

But yeah if they ended up killing Thanos this thread would be over 300 pages right now and an imdb score 7.4.

As I said the Russos unlike other directors balance making films that appeal wide and far to people but also please the fanboys too.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

Although I liked IW better, I do think this is a 10/10 ending. 

M&M have done an amazing job with their throwbacks, thematic and visual. 

The main theme of inevitability and refusal to quit bodes well with IW themes of sacrifice. 

Will need to watch another 5 times before I have a fully formed opinion. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lancelot Gold said:

All these people hating on the scene with all the women. I knew watching it that there would be people complaining for no reason about it. I thought it was great. The audience thought it was great. It got a huge cheer both times I've seen it. Only cheer louder was Cap wielding Moljnir. Not everything in a movie has to be for you.

The problem for me is that it felt forced. There was no in story reason for all of the female heroes to show up at that exact time. (In fact, there was not even much of a reason for anyone other than Captain Marvel to do that). And it took me right out of the movie at the moment. Even the line "how are you going though all of that alone?", well she is Captain Marvel, and she basically did end up doing it alone anyway, so it was just a sentence to allow Okoye to repeat her line from IW.

The scene in IW was fine, because there were only 2 women, so it's not that big of a coincidence, and Wanda did seem to need help at the moment. 

If most of the male heroes had been defeated, and there was really a reason for them to help someone else, it would have felt earned, but the way they did just felt shoe-horned for me.

Not saying either that visually and action wise it wasn't an awesome scene, and the audience did love it.

• Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

6 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

The problem for me is that it felt forced. There was no in story reason for all of the female heroes to show up at that exact time. (In fact, there was not even much of a reason for anyone other than Captain Marvel to do that). And it took me right out of the movie at the moment. Even the line "how are you going though all of that alone?", well she is Captain Marvel, and she basically did end up doing it alone anyway, so it was just a sentence to allow Okoye to repeat her line from IW.

The scene in IW was fine, because there were only 2 women, so it's not that big of a coincidence, and Wanda did seem to need help at the moment. 

If most of the male heroes had been defeated, and there was really a reason for them to help someone else, it would have felt earned, but the way they did just felt shoe-horned for me.

Not saying either that visually and action wise it wasn't an awesome scene, and the audience did love it.

I would say the scene with Okoye making her husband stand down and saying she would kill her Husband to protect her nation in Black Panther was likely the best 'female power' scene in the entire MCU.

The reason was that is built to that moment. 

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Both.

Is Endgame your favourite film ever?

Question - Is this finally that movie where a lot of money is thrown at actors not even saying a word or are gagged when they try to say it?

• Haha 1