Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

53 minutes ago, Avatree said:

nothing wrong with pandering, this is after all a product made to be sold to an audience. The only thing is that when there's a moment of pandering, if you're not the one being pandered to then it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I just think @captainwondyful is just asking for a small amount of empathy here, as well as maybe a dash of "try to look at a scene from someone else's perspective".

If something doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you.  But maybe, just maybe, it can work a bit more than it did after reflection.  At the very least maybe a detached appreciation for a scene can be made, even if it didn't speak to you on an emotional level.  Ultimately, that's really all that is being asked here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moviefanatic said:

What I didn't like:

Black Widow dying didn't seem that impactful to the team. They should have had a joint funeral for her and Tony.

Totally agreed. I can't believe this was missed by the Russo Brothers.

Also, I would have loved to shots of the world "remember(ing)" Tony as Thanos said he "hope(d)" they would.

Posted (edited)

they did have a funeral / rememberance for Black Widow...

though I agree to some extent it was not a huge impact on the team. But in the moment her death worked terrifically. Was for sure the most emotional part of the film along with Tony meeting his dad.

I am glad they did not kill the characters together and treat Black Widow as part of Iron Man.

Edited by Avatree

Just heard theory that both BW and Gamora (meaning 2014 G was dusted) could be freed from soul realm in gotg3 which would explain the lack of mourning in endgame

I'm listening to a spoiler podcast regarding Endgame on Slashfilm and according to their editor in chief, Tony's funeral was shot on the same weekend that the Vanity Fair spread which was released commemorating 10 years of the MCU was done, which if people remember had pretty much every key cast member there. 

However, they didn't just shoot the funeral, they shot a wedding for Tony and Pepper too as a fake-out. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Patiently waiting for someone to make the Super Smash Bros Ultimate “everyone is here” meme for the Assemble scene. 

This is better than Endgame. And dethroned Iron Man as my 2nd favorite MCU film.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I just think @captainwondyful is just asking for a small amount of empathy here, as well as maybe a dash of "try to look at a scene from someone else's perspective".

If something doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you.  But maybe, just maybe, it can work a bit more than it did after reflection.  At the very least maybe a detached appreciation for a scene can be made, even if it didn't speak to you on an emotional level.  Ultimately, that's really all that is being asked here.

Yes these are opinions nothing is absolute. I don't like infinity war more and like it less after End Game. Some appreciate the fast pace and grand scale with a twist ending even more so after End Game. Neither is wrong.  

Fact of the matter is End Game does a great job of being good enough for hardcore fans, and fantastic for many casual or nonfans. That's pretty damn hard to do. 

I'm glad these "forced scenes" we're in there rather it pisses people off or not. As a straight male they aren't made for me. As a father with a daughter and family who are queer I really appreciate the movie stretching itself to connect with people from all walks of life. It's not just me, you or them. It's about everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

This is better than Endgame. And dethroned Iron Man as my 2nd favorite MCU film.

Uh, Endgame is better than Endgame?

Who else has been listening to Alan Silvestri's score, specifically Track 28? 😉

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed the first 2/3 of the film, but I think that was only on par with IW. But that last 1/3 was fantastic. And Tony is literally the main reason I'm so invested in this universe. So that ending was just absolutely gutting. Thrilling, and gutting.

(I didn't really care about Steve staying in the past and passing on his shield)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Who else has been listening to Alan Silvestri's score, specifically Track 28? 😉

I thought the score was just okay, besides the obvious standouts like Portals and some musical cues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Uh, Endgame is better than Endgame?

1. Black Panther

2. Endgame

3. Iron Man

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

I very much enjoyed the first 2/3 of the film, but I think that was only on par with IW. But that last 1/3 was fantastic. And Tony is literally the main reason I'm so invested in this universe. So that ending was just absolutely gutting. Thrilling, and gutting.

(I didn't really care about Steve staying in the past and passing on his shield)

Agreed I was laughing hearing about people crying beforehand and I just let them fall. Why be embarrassed right? Everyone around me was crying. It was epic and such a wonderful but sorrow end. I absolutely love sacrifice like that despite it killing me. Imagine leaving behind the world you've built up after a diaster to help save everyone else you must force your daughter to grow up without a father. Jesus it just killed me.

• Like 1

Howard the Duck being in one of the highest grossing movies of all time is something I never thought could possibly happen. 

6 minutes ago, AJG said:

Howard the Duck being in one of the highest grossing movies of all time is something I never thought could possibly happen. 

When did he pop up?

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

When did he pop up?

Next to the Wasp when she portaled in. He has a little machine gun with him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Gotta be honest, not sure I can really understand that kind of love for Iron Man at this point. The movie seems very archaic and generic in many ways in terms of where we've come in the genre since. Of course, it will always be elevated by that incredible RDJ performance, but I think the film itself is lower tier MCU at this point. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 4
  • Disbelief 2
  • Not Cool 6

7 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

The problem for me is that it felt forced. There was no in story reason for all of the female heroes to show up at that exact time. (In fact, there was not even much of a reason for anyone other than Captain Marvel to do that). And it took me right out of the movie at the moment. Even the line "how are you going though all of that alone?", well she is Captain Marvel, and she basically did end up doing it alone anyway, so it was just a sentence to allow Okoye to repeat her line from IW.

The scene in IW was fine, because there were only 2 women, so it's not that big of a coincidence, and Wanda did seem to need help at the moment. 

If most of the male heroes had been defeated, and there was really a reason for them to help someone else, it would have felt earned, but the way they did just felt shoe-horned for me.

Not saying either that visually and action wise it wasn't an awesome scene, and the audience did love it.

It's a story that people write. Literally, everything in a movie is forced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’d wager a bet that the Iron Man 3 kid at the funeral is going right over most peoples heads and they’re wondering who  that’s supposed to be. 

• Like 1