Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

46 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Also did anyone notice that Aunt May was there at the funeral as well, so now it's implied she knows Peter's secret ??

She found out at the end of Homecoming

I'm curious is Tony snapped Thanos/his army back to 2014 without this memory, or if he killed them all. Since the timeline didn't fracture, I assume back to 2014.

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I'm curious is Tony snapped Thanos/his army back to 2014 without this memory, or if he killed them all. Since the timeline didn't fracture, I assume back to 2014.

They're dead, so in that 2014 timeline, Thanos never gets the Stones and the people in that universe never experience the snap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

They're dead, so in that 2014 timeline, Thanos never gets the Stones and the people in that universe never experience the snap.

So there is a fractured timeline, then. Which timeline did Cap go back to, then? And will we ever see what happens to that fractured timeline, with no Thanos and no snap?

Honestly what the MCU did with this series to this point is even more impressive when you consider Thanos didn't even make the Top 32 best comic book villains back in 2014.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Nah, they are all dead.

Awful, just like its predecessor. It’s all fanservice and time travel exposition. Sad moment followed by Sad Violin cue happening so many times was comic (especially the one at Thor’e cabin). Liked Cap Marvel.

0/10

• Haha 9
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Awful, just like its predecessor. It’s all fanservice and time travel exposition. Sad moment followed by Sad Violin cue happening so many times was comic (especially the one at Thor’e cabin). Liked Cap Marvel.

0/10

Arent you kind of hate-watching these films at this point? :lol:

Just now, Brainbug said:

At least he's not giving the money to another film out of spite like a certain someone else

Just now, Daxtreme said:

At least he's not giving the money to another film out of spite like a certain someone else

What do you mean? Like someone here bought a ticket for Shazam, Dumbo or Us out of protest for Endgame?

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What do you mean? Like someone here bought a ticket for Shazam, Dumbo or Us out of protest for Endgame?

Yes. It's somewhere in the week-end thread.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh don’t misunderstand @Goffehe’s a diehard MCU fan. He watched IW in theater like at least 5 times (one of the reasons why the movie got to record level at Brazil BO)

He’s gonna watch Endgame at least 10 times I’m sure. He’s probably already on 3rd rewatch considering the record breaking weekend EG just got in Brazil.

• Haha 2

I think Natasha dying was by far the least expected death in the series for me...I was convinced it was Captain America that was gonna die (ended up being kinda right) with Iron Man being a possibility...but Black Widow's death took me by surprise. Johansson was fantastic in her role...her crying scenes were really well done. 

Still annoying that she died and Jeremy Plankawood survived. God, I don't know what it is about his face but it annoys me. 

ALSO...the female scene was great. It was awesome but also bittersweet in that Black Widow didn't live to see it happen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

I think Natasha dying was by far the least expected death in the series for me...I was convinced it was Captain America that was gonna die (ended up being kinda right) with Iron Man being a possibility...but Black Widow's death took me by surprise. Johansson was fantastic in her role...her crying scenes were really well done. 

Still annoying that she died and Jeremy Plankawood survived. God, I don't know what it is about his face but it annoys me. 

ALSO...the female scene was great. It was awesome but also bittersweet in that Black Widow didn't live to see it happen.

Interestingly, these two scenes were two of my only real complaints about the movie just because they were retreads of IW scenes. Nat's death was shot and scored identically to Gamora's, so it was hard not to feel reductive to me and definitely didn't impact me like it did with Gamora. Same goes for the female team up, which was also very re-run of the IW end battle scene. 

• Like 1

Scarlett was seriously so great in this. 

When Clint was like “Oh, so now you believe this guy cause he knows your dad’s name?” And she replied with “I didn’t know”. That broke me :(

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Scarlett was definitely an MVP in the movie. Very glad we're getting a solo film with her. 

Posted (edited)

Scarlett is an incredible actress, a shame she's been reduced to "action movie star" status.

Well it's good for her wallet at least.

A bit like Lady Gaga who has an outstanding voice and talent overall but most people only see her as a popstar and nothing else.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1