Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Interestingly, these two scenes were two of my only real complaints about the movie just because they were retreads of IW scenes. Nat's death was shot and scored identically to Gamora's, so it was hard not to feel reductive to me and definitely didn't impact me like it did with Gamora. Same goes for the female team up, which was also very re-run of the IW end battle scene. 

Agreed. The female team-up felt weird to me. I mean i know its purpose, but i dont know ... it just felt forced.

Scarlett and Paul Rudd were the unsung MVPs of the first two hours IMO. RDJ takes the cake in the final act and rightfully so. I've always enjoyed the relationship between Steve Rogers and Natasha, and Evans has fantastic chemistry with Scarlett.

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Interestingly, these two scenes were two of my only real complaints about the movie just because they were retreads of IW scenes. Nat's death was shot and scored identically to Gamora's, so it was hard not to feel reductive to me and definitely didn't impact me like it did with Gamora. Same goes for the female team up, which was also very re-run of the IW end battle scene. 

I was surprised at how identical the scene was. 

I don't like the undoing of Thor's development, Natasha being reduced to a shock death, the shoehorned in gay representation, and the forced female teamup after sidelining ALL their female characters in the movie and universe.

2 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

What? I thought she was underwhelming, LMFAO. I didn't feel nothing for her death, especially because she wasn't given much to do.

So you felt something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Scarlett and Paul Rudd were the unsung MVPs of the first two hours IMO. RDJ takes the cake in the final act and rightfully so. I've always enjoyed the relationship between Steve Rogers and Natasha, and Evans has fantastic chemistry with Scarlett.

I was surprised at how identical the scene was. 

I'm not sure how that scene could have played out any more differently than it could.  I mean I guess they could play different music, but you want the consistency of being in the same situation, only this time they were sacrificing themselves vs getting viciously flung over.

• Like 1

I honestly never felt upset or sad watching any of the previous Marvel films but this one had me in tears multiple times. I actually got teary eyed when the avengers all assembled because it was so fucking epic...and Iron Man dying was heartbreaking.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

I'm not sure how that scene could have played out any more differently than it could.  I mean I guess they could play different music, but you want the consistency of being in the same situation, only this time they were sacrificing themselves vs getting viciously flung over.

“It’s like poetry. They rhyme.”

Honestly, it didn’t bother me. But I’m glad I wasn’t crazy in thinking that music was identical, because it was.

Edited by TServo2049

21 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I think Natasha dying was by far the least expected death in the series for me...I was convinced it was Captain America that was gonna die (ended up being kinda right) with Iron Man being a possibility...but Black Widow's death took me by surprise. Johansson was fantastic in her role...her crying scenes were really well done. 

Still annoying that she died and Jeremy Plankawood survived. God, I don't know what it is about his face but it annoys me.

Agreed! I was so hoping that Hawkguy could do one thing right, which is sacrificing himself, but nooooo.... had to fail even at that. I mean sure, he has a family so it was the "correct" thing to do it like this, but it was still dissapointing.

"I don't judge people by their worst mistakes."

"Maybe you should."

"You didn't."

💔💔💔

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

We'll never have a Budapest movie I guess so this is as close as it gets.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Who else has been listening to Alan Silvestri's score, specifically Track 28? 😉

I will say that there were a few moments that almost reminded me of classic-Zemeckis-era Silvestri. Only a couple. Much as I like the Cap and Avengers themes, I do wish his modern scores felt a little closer to his older stuff. (I LOVE the Back to the Future scores.)

Edited by TServo2049

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

When did he pop up?

Next to Wasp when she first comes out of the portal.

The identical music killed me.  When I was watching that scene I was like 'that FUCKING cliff music why are you doing this to me?'.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

We'll never have a Budapest movie I guess so this is as close as it gets.

No, Marvel needs to give me that freaking Budapest movie, damn it! 

• Astonished 1

Everyone is forgetting Nebula and the emotional intensity Karen Gillian brought to the character. 

Nebula was awful in Guardians 1 but has been a real highlight ever since

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

The identical music killed me.  When I was watching that scene I was like 'that FUCKING cliff music why are you doing this to me?'.

I know right? 

But its such a good piece though. Silvestri killed it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

Agreed! I was so hoping that Hawkguy could do one thing right, which is sacrificing himself, but nooooo.... had to fail even at that. I mean sure, he has a family so it was the "correct" thing to do it like this, but it was still dissapointing.

She didn't do it b/c he has a family-  which so what - she's not worth less b/c she never had the privileged of having a genetic/marital family - and now won't get the chance.  It's because all those years ago when he was sent out to kill her for SHIELD he saw something in her, he saved her life and gave her the opportunity for a new life and to be part of his family and then The Avengers who became her family.   Still, it hurt.  It wasn't fair that she had to die, neither was it fair for Tony but they went out huge heroes making the biggest sacrifices.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1