Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

It's messed up with or without old man Captain.

How? All the other stuff is just parallel timelines.

Speaking if the BW movie is about Skrulls. For the end credit scene we could have a Skrull Nat in the current timeline and everyone being like, I thought you were dead, and Skrull Nat being like nope and no one realizing that she's really a Skrull. I don't know. This is the only way I can logically think of them making a movie about a dead character. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

I'm pretty sure the Black Widow movie is going to be a spy thriller and have nothing to do with Skrulls lmao

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

How? All the other stuff is just parallel timelines.

Parallel timelines are where all the problems start.  It's an absolute shit-show if you give it enough thought.

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

The Back to the Future scores are great but tonally stuff like that would feel completely ridiculous in movies like Infinity War and Endgame. I do feel like Silvestri upped his game for these two compared to Captain America 1 and Avengers (both of which I liked).

True, true. I just meant that the scores don’t feel like what I always associated with “Alan Silvestri.” But that doesn’t mean I don’t like them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm pretty sure the Black Widow movie is going to be a spy thriller and have nothing to do with Skrulls lmao

We can have a spy thriller and find out at the end the bad guys have been Skrulls the whole time. IDK. Ever since, CM, I've been convinced Phase 4 will build up to Secret Invasion. Okay, so, maybe we don't get a Nat Skrull, but learn Barton's and his family have been Skrulls this whole time. Maybe they do a reversal and Nick Fury is actually a Skrull. I guess I have a hard time accepting them making a prequel that doesn't tie into the bigger picture.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Mostly agreed, though I found Rogers painfully dull in TFA

You take that back, right now. /s

Why does it feel like a lot of people like to sell CA:TFA short, anyway? That was the movie that got me on board the MCU. (Full disclosure: I didn’t even see the first four Phase 1 movies until after Avengers 1. I just never really felt hyped enough to want to. I came on board Cap 1 because it was the director of The Rocketeer doing a WWII comic book pulp action throwback movie, and that’s how Marvel baited me to be hooked by The Avengers.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Parallel timelines are where all the problems start.  It's an absolute shit-show if you give it enough thought.

Why?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

yeah I think they should not have brought back old man captain america

Should have had Captain tell Bucky what he wanted (so he gives the mantel to Falcon) and Captain has his dance.

Think old man Captain really messed up the timelines issues. 

Eh, pretty sure Hulk accidentally knocking the Tesserect to Loki in 2012 did more harm and Thanos and an army with a double Gamora and Nebula from 2014 also made a bit of a mess.

Anyhow - screwed up timelines mean an opening for Kang.   Earth's Mightiest Heroes had a rather good multi arc from that and it also centered on Steve being the problem - though it was because he existed in the present.

Edited by TalismanRing

With Marvel Studios now being able to use Kang, anything is possible. (Especially if he’s one of those characters they were somehow able to talk Fox into letting them use prior to the acquisition, like the Watchers and the Skrulls which I always heard were bound up with the Fantastic Four rights. That would mean they could have been developing stuff with him already.)

• Like 1

After a second screening I remain continue to think Infinity War is better. It’s just a more cohesive edit. Thanos ties everything into a singular narrative. Endgame is much more scattershot. Pacing is very start-and-stop for about 90 minutes.

• Like 2

Kang would probably be the big bad of Phase 5 where we get a giant multiverse story going, and yes, they bring back Tony from another dimension. 

29 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

We got old man Cap in the comics. This does allow Marvel to give him a cameo here and there if he is up to it. Also, if Evans changes his mind, they can use the time machine thing on him and move time through him and make him young again. So, it allows the possibility for his return if he ever so desires.

This this this. 

And:

1. baby till has Mjolnir. (Until i SEE HIM give it back I refuse to believe he doesn’t.). They could go all Donald Blake or Jane Foster on it. Old Man Steve by day, The Captain by Night. 

2. Sam and Bucky having to take care of him  😂😂😂😂. I want ALL the hijinks. 

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

Why?

ugh...I really don't have the energy to do this again.  But to summarize, there are either unresolvable logical issues or there are unresolvable moral issues.

Posted (edited)

I don't know what the Black Widow movie's plot will be or when exactly its going to take place.  All I need from this movie is for it to be a tribute to her character and give some closure to her story.  If it can achieve that, I'll probably cry at some point.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 1

Saw it on Friday, have had a few days to digest it. Some thoughts:

- Tony and Steve had a lot of good moments to shine before they were written out. I'm especially happy about the latter as he was barely in Infinity War.

- A big meh on Fat Thor and Professor Hulk.

- How the fuck did they have a "badass women of the MCU" moment without Black Widow? Otherwise yeah that was nice.

- Thankfully the jokes are reigned in. The only bit of levity that I disliked the was the score stopping after the failed Thanos snap.

- Took way too long to start. There was a good 25 minutes or so where I was legitimately bored.

- I love Carol's haircut.

- The time traveling logic is pretty bad. If they were gonna go sentimental at the end, they shouldn't have set up such clear rules earlier.

Overall I liked Infinity War more, but this was good. I just predict this having zero re-watch value for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Also, I think the best way to 'bring back' Tony, Cap, and Nat is parallel universes.  Its a thing in the comics and Spider-Verse has already explored the idea to great success.  I think this is better than using time travel or whatnot, because its not 'really' them, just a version of them from another reality, so it doesn't really cheapen these characters' endings.  This'd be good to use as a one off in a future Avengers movies, I think.

Edited by IceFire9yt

31 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

After a second screening I remain continue to think Infinity War is better. It’s just a more cohesive edit. Thanos ties everything into a singular narrative. Endgame is much more scattershot. Pacing is very start-and-stop for about 90 minutes.

I see where you're coming from but I feel like it's by design. Infinity War was a non-stop battle while Endgame is designed for more slice of life scenes to show how the characters deal with loss. I did miss that ferocious pacing of IW but the emotional payoffs were worth it for me

btw, old Chris Evans looks exactly like Joe Biden

• Astonished 1