Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

Ironman did not have to snap his fingers. He got the stones, they can continue fighting.. he probably wouldn’t die.

 

Thanos here is really just too one dimensional.

 

really felt it was a step backwards from Infinity War.

 

RDJ really saved the movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about Professor Hulk. I confess I was really hoping for some EPIC Hulk moments after he was neutered in IW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Ironman did not have to snap his fingers. He got the stones, they can continue fighting.. he probably wouldn’t die.

 

Thanos here is really just too one dimensional.

 

really felt it was a step backwards from Infinity War.

 

RDJ really saved the movie.

Tony having the stones doesn’t mean they can continue fighting. Even the Hulk had a hard time handling the power from the stones and he can take the gamma radiation. No way would Tony have been able to handle it and continue fighting. He’d have died anyway. It’s clear the infinity gauntlet was better able to handle the stones’ power compared to the gauntlet Tony made given how it affected Hulk and Thanos just by putting it one without snapping. 

 

Plus the point was the prevent further casualty. Continuing to fight Thanos and his army increases the risk that someone else dies or Thanos gets the stones back. They already planned to send them back to 2014 because it wasn’t reasonable to attempt to defeat them in the present time. Snapping them out of existence was the only option after the van got destroyed. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1- Captain America Winter soldier

2- Avengers Infinity War

3- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1

4- Avengers Endgame

5- Iron Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

War Machine also delivered 2 of the worst jokes I have seen on screen.

 

1) Thanos having a retirement plan... was awkward; no one in my cinema laughed.

 

2) freaking out and Asking Nebula whether there are boobytraps around...

 

i don’t know it’s the tone or what but not a single person laughed during my screening.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about Professor Hulk. I confess I was really hoping for some EPIC Hulk moments after he was neutered in IW.

It was obvious from Infinity War he was going to be professor hulk. Come on now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i watched iron man 1 this weekend and it’s almost cute how small-scale it is compared to what comes after. the third act is pretty lame....rdj really carries this movie on his back and hauls it up that hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Tony having the stones doesn’t mean they can continue fighting. Even the Hulk had a hard time handling the power from the stones and he can take the gamma radiation. No way would Tony have been able to handle it and continue fighting. He’d have died anyway. It’s clear the infinity gauntlet was better able to handle the stones’ power compared to the gauntlet Tony made given how it affected Hulk and Thanos just by putting it one without snapping. 

 

Plus the point was the prevent further casualty. Continuing to fight Thanos and his army increases the risk that someone else dies or Thanos gets the stones back. They already planned to send them back to 2014 because it wasn’t reasonable to attempt to defeat them in the present time. Snapping them out of existence was the only option after the van got destroyed. 

Haha, for me.. it’s illogical, and you don’t have to correct me. :) but thanks for the time spent.

 

the character in your DP could have killed Thanos right? I mean she was flinched by the stone for a moment but she could have fought back after.

 

and there was nothing at stake; Thanos army wasn’t even killing or injuring anyone. No one seems hurt or injured at all... prevent “further” casualties? It’s like they were play fighting while fighting for Ironman to snap his fingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The battle was a distraction to let thanos focus on getting the stones and snapping everyone out of existence. Don't be silly. He definitely had to do it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My guess for the Marvel Schedule

 

May 2020: Black Widow

Nov 2020: The Eternals

Feb 2021: Black Panther 2

May 2021: Doctor Strange 2

July 2021: Spider-Man 3 (remembering that it's a Sony release)

Nov 2021: Shang-Chi

Feb 2022: Captain Marvel 2

May 2022: GOTG Vol 3

July 2022: ??

 

I think a Thor 4 comes in 2022 or 2023 and I'm guessing 2023 is Avengers 5 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

The battle was a distraction to let thanos focus on getting the stones and snapping everyone out of existence. Don't be silly. He definitely had to do it 

Yes I know what you mean. It’s not about being “silly”, I can see the intention or wha the filmmakers are trying to present here...

 

what i am saying is what I am seeing.. basically it seems as though nothing is at stake and no casualties from the avengers’ side plus Thanos already lost his stones to Stark... hence my comments.

 

They could have had one more scene; where Stark, after getting a hold of the stones, took a look around... and shows a scene where his comrades are getting beat-up, and then he realises he has to do it (as in snap).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

War Machine also delivered 2 of the worst jokes I have seen on screen.

 

1) Thanos having a retirement plan... was awkward; no one in my cinema laughed.

 

2) freaking out and Asking Nebula whether there are boobytraps around...

 

i don’t know it’s the tone or what but not a single person laughed during my screening.. 

Can't say about the first one, the second one got a lot of laughter from my two screenings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It was obvious from Infinity War he was going to be professor hulk. Come on now

It was obvious ever since press tour for Ragnarok where Ruffalo said they had three movie arc for Hulk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

yeah I think they should not have brought back old man captain america

 

Should have had Captain tell Bucky what he wanted (so he gives the mantel to Falcon) and Captain has his dance.

 

Think old man Captain really messed up the timelines issues. 

My biggest gripe was that it put a slight damper to my mood when I left the theater. As explained in the movie itself, this should not have happened in the same timeline. Otherwise the ending was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yes I know what you mean. It’s not about being “silly”, I can see the intention or wha the filmmakers are trying to present here...

 

what i am saying is what I am seeing.. basically it seems as though nothing is at stake and no casualties from the avengers’ side plus Thanos already lost his stones to Stark... hence my comments.

 

They could have had one more scene; where Stark, after getting a hold of the stones, took a look around... and shows a scene where his comrades are getting beat-up, and then he realises he has to do it (as in snap).

Right after the snap, they showed Rocket was almost swallowed whole by a giant worm thing before it got dusted.  Spider-Man was being mobbed.  Hundreds of other heroes were on the brink of death.  They played it out perfectly.

 

As far as Carol getting punched by the power stone, remember that stone alone (when equipped properly) could decimate an entire planet, so she was probably still spinning around in space by the time Tony stole the stones.

Edited by acetabulum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

My biggest gripe was that it put a slight damper to my mood when I left the theater. As explained in the movie itself, this should not have happened in the same timeline. Otherwise the ending was perfect.

It dampened the mood to see Steve Rogers finally live the life he was meant to live after all the shit he's been through for the last 80 years?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but that scene was all in one second. They could have separated them and showed just how bad it looked. Show the remaining all about to die right before snaps. Cue to Tony scanning the field then eye contact with Thanks, I am Iron Man and snap.

 

Minor difference but they picked a bad time to rush things considering they didn't rush much. These are nit picky Imo. For me Infinity War had 50 different problems. No vision and this were about it for me on End Game.

 

Hoping to see it again and I will focus on that big last scene before to test my impression of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were going to keep it to Avengers villains, I'd guess they'd go with Kang as the next big bad, but they've already done the time travel bits here. (Though if they did it again, they could have RDJ come back for a cameo team-up in Avengers Forever.) 

 

What I'd like to see them do would be to utilize the Fantastic Four to leverage one of their major villains in. I'd go with Annihilus rather than Doom or Galactus, because then they could pull in the plot from Annihilation, which is basically the gold standard for Marvel events that don't involve the X-Men. Plus they could actually get the canon queer characters in the GotG in there. The nice thing is that they don't really need to do an origin. If they wanted a really clever callback, they'd intro the characters in a BP movie, and then have their own film that builds on that appearance without the origin, a la Homecoming. Use that film to set up the Negative Zone, revealing the existence of the regular universe to Annihilus, which then gets him going on his destruction rampage. CM and GotG films could develop it further before a big-ish finale. (One gripe I have about the IW/Endgame duo is how much work was required to set up Thanos in IW because so little had been done in previous films. They could do better there.)

 

And if they're hopping realities, rather than time, that gives an easy way for mutants to enter the MCU. Alternatively, they could have it be something that happened in the time travel shenanigans (either in Endgame, or with what Cap was doing) that cause the x-gene to start showing up, which would allow the X-Men to "naturally" occur in future films without being referenced in previous ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.