Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem I had with Thor in Endgame is that he is supposed to be haunted

..and pretty much his life ruined..... by his failure to take down Thantos in "IW"  ,That does not fit in well with the way his was largelyplayed for laughs. The problem is not Hemsworth, who did a good job, but the writers.

They also downplayed Thor's loss. He just lost his brother, his best friend, his father, his home and half of his people.... and then the half of the half got dusted. He just mentioned his mother and Jane, who were both gonne two movies ago, while Wanda mentioned Vision two times and Gamora was always mentioned by Nebula and Quill. Everybody was upset for their close ones while Thor was upset only because of his failure. 

That's one of the very few things i didn't like.

• Like 1

This just came to my mind after watching the movie again, The Ancient One was also fighting the battle of NewYork :) 

Also Tony died aged 53.

• Sad 1

BTW the final song that Cap and Peggy are dancing to at the end of the movie is called "It's Been A Long,Long, Time">

It's very much an "American SOngbook " standard and has been covered by everybody from Louis Armstrong to Frank Sinatra to Brent Spiner (I't one of the songs in his "Old Yellow Eyes Is Back" CD) but the version the Russo's chose to use was

the 1945 original by the Harry James Band.  And, yeah, that it came out at the end of World War 2 when all the men in the service were coming home was a reason it was so popular. And the Russo's damn well knew that. IMHO perfect choice in every way from the title to the song's context.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

Yeah, I had a few quibbles  but overall  loved it.

Yes, it has some flaws but the movie without flaws has not been made. OVerall, it was as good as I had hoped for.

And the world is the Russo's oyster now.

After seeing Endgame I have decided CM has the best post credit scene.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it is the only time a post credit scene acted as the 1st scene for the next movie.

So basically the post credits has CM coming to earth and meeting the Avengers so she goes to look for Tony and finds him in 1st scene of Endgame.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

After seeing Endgame I have decided CM has the best post credit scene.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it is the only time a post credit scene acted as the 1st scene for the next movie.

So basically the post credits has CM coming to earth and meeting the Avengers so she goes to look for Tony and finds him in 1st scene of Endgame.

TR theoretically for the one after the next.

• Like 1

I’m still not sure, do we know whether the CM post-credit was a scene that was shot by the Russos for EG but cut during the editing process, or was it shot by the Russos specifically for inclusion in CM? (Either way, I’m assuming it was shot by the Russos during EG photography, is that right?)

In the theater during CM, I just assumed the post-credit was a clip from EG, like how Ant-Man ended with a scene from Civil War.

(That may be the weakest post-credit, just in the respect that it was obviously just a clip of the next movie - essentially identical to how it played in the final cut 10 months later, to boot - to tell the audience “Don’t worry, Ant-Man is actually going to be important in the MCU, trust us!” Yes, The First Avenger ended with a trailer for The Avengers, but at least the punching bag scene felt like it was a post-credit at the time, though it turned out to be in the movie. But with Ant-Man, I was completely cognizant that what I was seeing was just a preview clip and not a special shoot.)

Edited by TServo2049

7 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

I’m still not sure, do we know whether the CM post-credit was a scene that was shot by the Russos for EG but cut during the editing process, or was it shot by the Russos specifically for inclusion in CM? (Either way, I’m assuming it was shot by the Russos during EG photography, is that right?)

In the theater during CM, I just assumed the post-credit was a scene from EG, like how Ant-Man ended with a scene from Civil War. (That may be the worst post-credit, just in the respect that it was simply a scene from the next movie - essentially identical to how it played in the final cut 10 months later, to boot - which I don’t believe was ever done before or after.)

Iron Man 2 had a post credits scene that ended up being a scene in Thor.

Oh, I forgot about that one. (Maybe because I didn’t see IM1-Thor in the theater. As I said before, CA1 was what reeled me into the MCU.)

Edited by TServo2049

In a couple of the MCU films, one of the post credit scenes was a scene from an upcoming movie it ties in with.

In "Dr Strange" for Instance, one of the scenes was an excerpt from "Ragnorak" where Thor visits the Doctor.

I would not read anything more in this they just could not come up with two good post credit sequences,and decided to punt by using a scene from an upcoming film.

2 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

This just came to my mind after watching the movie again, The Ancient One was also fighting the battle of NewYork :) 

I noticed that too and thought it was really cool.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

In a couple of the MCU films, one of the post credit scenes was a scene from an upcoming movie it ties in with.

In "Dr Strange" for Instance, one of the scenes was an excerpt from "Ragnorak" where Thor visits the Doctor.

I would not read anything more in this they just could not come up with two good post credit sequences,and decided to punt by using a scene from an upcoming film.

Better to punt than to use 5 mediocre scenes like GotG2.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

This doesn’t even make sense 

but it does. people low standards for tv. mcu the closest big budgeted cinema has ever gotten to serialized tv. 

For me the biggest surprise cameo was Robert Redford. He must like working with the Russos, since he came out his retirement..he announced that "Old Man With A Gun"would be his last film.... to do that scene as Alexander Pierce.  was totally  not expecting that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Better to punt than to use 5 mediocre scenes like GotG2.

I agree. I overall liked GOTG2 but thought the final credit sequences were weak. And I could see the "we'll call him Adam" punchline from a mile away.

16 minutes ago, Goffe said:

but it does. people low standards for tv. mcu the closest big budgeted cinema has ever gotten to serialized tv. 

Yes I saw the dots you were trying to connect. Didn’t quite manage it. Maybe next time buddy.

4 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

This diehard DC fan Saw it yesterday. Mind blown. This and IW are the Godfather Part 1 and 2 of comic book movies. I laughed, I cried, I cheered three different times in that astonishing third act... this is truly one for the ages. Hats off to Disney and Marvel for giving us such an amazing ride these past 10 years! 👏

The big difference between the DCU and the MCU is not that the Marvel charecters are so much better....DC has incredible character..but that Marvel Studios had a guy named Kevin Feige in charge.  It's not that he could not make mistakes....I think in view of how good Wonder Woman was and how lousy THor 2 was removing Patty Jenkins was a mistake...but he made a hell of a lot fewer then DC Studio Management did.

Feige was willing to take chances, but none that could not be quickly fixes. He would not have subcontracted out the whole Universe to a divisive director like Zack Snyder. Maybe hire him to do a single film, yes, but not turn out the whole universe over to him.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure this has come up already, but we’re agreed that Noobmaster69 is Loki, right?

Edited by Wrath

I have a friend who works at the AMC near me and was assigned the "graveyard" shift for the opening weekend of Avengers. He said it was busier  at 2-3AM at the theater, than most of the Friday night shifts he works....  They almost ran out of concessions

Edited by lightscamera
forgot verbage

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

For me the biggest surprise cameo was Robert Redford. He must like working with the Russos, since he came out his retirement..he announced that "Old Man With A Gun"would be his last film.... to do that scene as Alexander Pierce.  was totally  not expecting that.

I was pleasantly surprised how many actors they managed to get back for this one.

• Like 3