Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

18 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

The Imax of Endgame is phenomenal especially the cosmic portion. I watched liemax though :whosad:

@I Am

I saw it on both IMAX and in Dolby.  There is no contest.  The IMAX is magnificent.  

• Like 1

I would like Dolby ATMOS on a giant IMAX screen but still keep the IMAX bass.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

The Imax of Endgame is phenomenal especially the cosmic portion. I watched liemax though :whosad:

26 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@I Am

I saw it on both IMAX and in Dolby.  There is no contest.  The IMAX is magnificent.  

Now I'm starting to wonder if this was a one time thing for this movie only, or whether I've been missing out by seeing movies in Dolby Cinema over IMAX...

It’s been posted and nobody cares. 

Plus it's pirating. 

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

It’s been posted and nobody cares. 

What got posted and ~ seemingly ignored? I only jump in to fast glimpses as I work at a project, so please excuse my ignorance.

The only thing I was wondering yesterday (still today for dom) is the lack of press releases, tweets of BO outlets about A:EG having reached the $2.5b milestone.

I guess you mean something else?????

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

What got posted and ~ seemingly ignored? I only jump in to fast glimpses as I work at a project, so please excuse my ignorance.

The only thing I was wondering yesterday (still today for dom) is the lack of press releases, tweets of BO outlets about A:EG having reached the $2.5b milestone.

I guess you mean something else?????

an edit version of Endgame with only white men.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

How can I tell which theaters are liemax and which are real IMAX. Is there like a list or a lookup tool somewhere?

2 hours ago, I Am said:

Finally, some technical things... if I'm remembering my viewings correctly... the IMAX viewing experience for this movie blows the other PLF viewing experiences out of the water. Dolby Cinema usually is my go-to, but I was not very impressed, video or audio-wise, with the "Endgame" experience I had there on opening night. The RPX viewing experience was also "meh," but I thought the Atmos mix sounded much better in the Regal room as opposed to the AMC theater room.

I literally do not remember the last time I saw an MCU movie on anything other than IMAX 2D.  It doesn't even cross my mind as a possibility.  Is it possible that I never have?  I don't really remember what was available/common in 2008.    

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

How can I tell which theaters are liemax and which are real IMAX. Is there like a list or a lookup tool somewhere?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_venues

It’s listed by country and the US is subdivided by states. I lucked out and got tickets for the only one in my state, which was in a museums. The seats weren’t the most comfortable compared to theater reclining seats, but it was the biggest movie screen I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm I might shell out the money for one more Endgame screening in 3D IMAX. 2D IMAX screenings are really limited now. 

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

The Wikipedia list linked to you is best, because it only includes real IMAX screens, so you don't have to worry about lieMAX.

If you're close by a theater with Laser projectors, that's the best option. Hurry, though, because Thursday and next Tuesday seem to be the same chance you'll get. It really is a gorgeous watch on the Laser projectors.

1 hour ago, andrewgr said:

I literally do not remember the last time I saw an MCU movie on anything other than IMAX 2D.  It doesn't even cross my mind as a possibility.  Is it possible that I never have?  I don't really remember what was available/common in 2008.    

I saw most of the them in standard 2D. I've only recently been able to consistently see movies in a format outside that. I always went with Dolby Cinema or RPX because of Dolby Atmos, but I may reconsider after seeing "Endgame" in IMAX. If other movies don't have the same visual aesthetic, I'll continue to go with Dolby Cinema, which hasn't let me down until opening night of "Endgame."

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Hmm I might shell out the money for one more Endgame screening in 3D IMAX. 2D IMAX screenings are really limited now. 

I saw "Infinity War" in 3D, but I didn't think it was worth it. (I incorrectly thought the Metreon had two IMAX screens and showed movies in 2D on the smaller one and ones in 3D on the biggest one.) The 2D screening was just amazing, however.

Increase in China will be larger than increase in DOM, in absolute numbers. Now that's a fun fact

5 hours ago, Heroicpiglet said:

an edit version of Endgame with only white men.

Needed ~ an hour to get over that ~ shock.

Why did it even surprise me? I know people can be obsessive to say it in the nicest way possible, but 1. the work to do something as senseless as that, and 2. to 'enjoy' something like that seems still to be strange at best.

Posted (edited)

@I Am, where in the Bay Area did you see it in Dolby Cinema? I saw it at AMC Bay Street 16 and the video/audio both blew me away. The bass shook the seats, I almost wondered if there were D-Box-style rumble things in the seats or something.

Edited by TServo2049

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Needed ~ an hour to get over that ~ shock.

Why did it even surprise me? I know people can be obsessive to say it in the nicest way possible, but 1. the work to do something as senseless as that, and 2. to 'enjoy' something like that seems still to be strange at best.

I'm kind of fascinated how that movie works....

Steve monologues at the Avengers compound about Whales in The Hudson and how "People move on but not me"

Tony is alone in space.  I guess he rescues himself,  lands, hugs then emotionally hits out at Steve, collapses then goes off to live alone in the woods until he invents Time Travel.

Scott wanders around San Francisco for no reason.

Prof Hulk  just picks up the Time Stone w/o any chit chat

Does Clint fight himself to a draw and get the Soul Stone as a pity prize?   More likely no Soul Stone.

Thor and Rocket land in Asgard.  No Family Drama.  Also no Reality Stone er Fluid b/c no host.

No one gets the Power Stone

Thanos from 2014 doesn't find out anything which I guess is a good thing

Hulk can't snap the glove b/c he doesn't have enough stones.  

They make new plans but now no one is really excited to be paired up to get the Soul Stone.  They debate who will go and who will be the killer and the killed and if there's enough love for it to work?

Steve goes back to be with The Howling Commandos (well 3 of them) . Provided he's not the one Tony threw to his death to get The Soul Stone.

The End

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

@I Am, where in the Bay Area did you see it in Dolby Cinema? I saw it at AMC Bay Street 16 and the video/audio both blew me away. The bass shook the seats, I almost wondered if there were D-Box-style rumble things in the seats or something.

I was in E7 at the Bay Street 16 on the Thursday preview night; my first time in that theater's Dolby Cinema room, as I normally am at the Metreon for Dolby Cinema showings. I've never had a problem with the movies I've seen there, so it might have been an issue that night.

Kevin is doing an AMAA for those interested. Starts 8PM EST / 5PM PST. They are still taking questions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1