Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

My opinions change here and there but I'm pretty confident my top 4 are the Russo movies, Endgame being my least favorite. Love all of them though. 

Edited by Mekanos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I've decided I like IW just a smidge more than EG. It's very close and both are peak CBM, but IW's pacing is just flawless, the action is slightly superior, and I really love how unorthodox it is as a movie with a successful villain arc. 

 

I cant simply because the way the dusting was done and who was dusted immediately made it known to me that it would be completely reversed.  All the shock was wiped away the moment it was over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

My opinions change here and there but I'm pretty confident my top 4 are the Russo movies, Endgame being my least favorite. Love all of them though. 

I  am the same. I knew if anyone could break Cameron's records, it would be these guys. In a way they have similar skills, they can bring hard hitting action combined with a good emotional punch. Deadly combination to rake in the billions. Cameron is on another level from a technical standpoint, but you get them a platform like the MCU and they can do some damage. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I  am the same. I knew if anyone could break Cameron's records, it would be these guys. In a way they have similar skills, they can bring hard hitting action combined with a good emotional punch. Deadly combination to rake in the billions. Cameron is on another level from a technical standpoint, but you get them a platform like the MCU and they can do some damage. 

I really want JC to write and direct another Terminator movie, that is a wish

 

He seems to be putting all his efforts on Avatar sequals, do you see him direct another Terminator or aliens movie after he is done with Avatar(2027 I think)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally think IW is a better movie as it has a novelty of being a film told from a villains perspective and his eventual victory.

 

Also I felt the fights were better as Thanos had all the IW stones vs all the Avengers.

 

 

However Endgame was epic and the Portals scene was 11 years in the making and it was GLORIOUS! 🤗

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to wonder if Kang the Conqueror, or whatever big bad Marvel Studios is building up to next, will be nearly as epic as Thanos. I think it's important to really focus on the character, whoever it may be, like they did with Thanos. Don't just make him "the villain". Kang would be interesting because he has a backstory of just being a normal being before becoming the Conqueror. He's similar to Silver Surfer in that way (another character I absolutely can't wait for to be introduced).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love how the MCU went full genre, we ve never seen anything like it I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

I really want JC to write and direct another Terminator movie, that is a wish

 

He seems to be putting all his efforts on Avatar sequals, do you see him direct another Terminator or aliens movie after he is done with Avatar(2027 I think)?

Nah I think he's done, directing that is. Terminator: Dark Fate is supposed to be the start of a new Terminator trilogy, and he spoke not too long ago about the Alien movie with Blomkamp (but nothing concrete still). So he still wants to be involved in those franchises as a producer / writer, but I don't see him going all in.

The Avatar sequels might very well be his last feature films, considering the rate at which he makes movies. I know that seems sad to a lot of people, but let's wait until we see the second one and then who knows, people will be begging for more. A2 is going to be in the water, and if there's something Cameron knows, it's that. He's been doing underwater shit since the 80s, you know it'll look spectacular.

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JB33 said:

You have to wonder if Kang the Conqueror, or whatever big bad Marvel Studios is building up to next, will be nearly as epic as Thanos. I think it's important to really focus on the character, whoever it may be, like they did with Thanos. Don't just make him "the villain". Kang would be interesting because he has a backstory of just being a normal being before becoming the Conqueror. He's similar to Silver Surfer in that way (another character I absolutely can't wait for to be introduced).

My own money is on a certain individual with a very big appetite being the next Big Bad in the MU.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

Nah I think he's done, directing that is. Terminator: Dark Fate is supposed to be the start of a new Terminator trilogy, and he spoke not too long ago about the Alien movie with Blomkamp (but nothing concrete still). So he still wants to be involved in those franchises as a producer / writer, but I don't see him going all in.

The Avatar sequels might very well be his last feature films, considering the rate at which he makes movies. I know that seems sad to a lot of people, but let's wait until we see the second one and then who knows, people will be begging for more. A2 is going to be in the water, and if there's something Cameron knows, it's that. He's been doing underwater shit since the 80s, you know it'll look spectacular.

Have to point out that "Alien " is NOT a Cameron franchise. Yes, he made "ALiens", but  he did not create the franchise, and I had had little if anyting to do with the franchise since Aliens.Not that his becoming involved would be a bad idea, given the last couple of films in the franchsie....

 

Avatar 2 is going to be great visually, but I really hope Cameron does a better job on the charecters and storyline, since I consider those to be the weak part of Avatar.

 

And  I understand that it looks as if Engame might overtake Avatar after all.....

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Personally think IW is a better movie as it has a novelty of being a film told from a villains perspective and his eventual victory.

 

Also I felt the fights were better as Thanos had all the IW stones vs all the Avengers.

 

 

However Endgame was epic and the Portals scene was 11 years in the making and it was GLORIOUS! 🤗

IW for me is better and worse at the same time. I can't remove the ending which basically was "to be continued" of a TV episode along with it's super fast pace which is fun to watch but hard to fully digest. I liked the action scenes better in IW and Thanos was fantastic. Granted he was boss in EG too.

Edited by cdsacken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

My own money is on a certain individual with a very big appetite being the next Big Bad in the MU.

 

Dr.doom 

 

He is the one and only.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Russo's first (as producers) post Endgame film  "21 Bridges" opens in September. It's and out and out, straight up Police thriller with Chadwick Boseman and J.K. Simmons.Looks really good from the trailer; if well done is exactly the kind of thriller I enjoy. And I think by doing a non sci fi straight up crime drama the Russo are saying they want to do a wide variety of films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Permanent Magnet said:

Dr.doom 

 

He is the one and only.

Doom is a great, great, villain. but is not quite the Cosmic threat that Galactus would be.

Some rumors around that BP 2 might have Viktor Von Doom as the villain,ie. they will be doing the Latravia/Wakanda wars storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And the Russo's first (as producers) post Endgame film  "21 Bridges" opens in September. It's and out and out, straight up Police thriller with Chadwick Boseman and J.K. Simmons.Looks really good from the trailer; if well done is exactly the kind of thriller I enjoy. And I think by doing a non sci fi straight up crime drama the Russo are saying they want to do a wide variety of films.

I have such high hopes for this film. Please God be good 

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really thinking some variation of Secret Invasion is more likely than Galactus.

Edited by Orestes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I'm really thinking some variation of Secret Invasion is more likely than Galactus.

I think there will be a Secret Invasion storyline, but it won't be the Next Big Meanace, it will be more like the Hydra storyline.

You really need a Big Bad for the Big Meanace, and Galactus or Kang the Conqueror ..and a couple of others...fill that role better then the a Skrull invasion would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudalb said:

I think there will be a Secret Invasion storyline, but it won't be the Next Big Meanace, it will be more like the Hydra storyline.

You really need a Big Bad for the Big Meanace, and Galactus or Kang the Conqueror ..and a couple of others...fill that role better then the a Skrull invasion would.

That's why i said variation. Don't know if I can say more since it might be considered a FFH spoiler. I just don't think it'll be Galactus, not without a Fantastic Four, and not right after Thanos. Their ends are a little too similar, even if their means and motivations are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Have to point out that "Alien " is NOT a Cameron franchise. Yes, he made "ALiens", but  he did not create the franchise, and I had had little if anyting to do with the franchise since Aliens.Not that his becoming involved would be a bad idea, given the last couple of films in the franchsie....

No shit really? 😮 Not that Ridley Scott is one my favorites, but damn did I learn something today! All kidding aside, Aliens is a classic on its own and Cameron would obviously be someone that could be trusted (as producer or else) with a future alien movie if ever Ridley lets it go.

 

sorry for the off topic discussion, I'm done on that

Edited by Alexdube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.