Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

At a 9:30 PM showing, thought it would be empty, it’s Wednesday and all.

It’s half full.

No way this is fudge lol 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

At a 9:30 PM showing, thought it would be empty, it’s Wednesday and all.

It’s half full.

No way this is fudge lol 

Biased people have their biases Endgame has been consistent since the expansion so people believe what they want to believe coz the first stage is DENIAL.... :Venom:

8 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Personally think IW is a better movie as it has a novelty of being a film told from a villains perspective and his eventual victory.

Also I felt the fights were better as Thanos had all the IW stones vs all the Avengers.

However Endgame was epic and the Portals scene was 11 years in the making and it was GLORIOUS! 🤗

Agree in 100%.

Infinity War - 9+/10, almost perfect film, one of the best superhero and comic book movies of all time. Absolute peak for MCU.

Endgame - 7/10, good entertainment, but it's "turn of your brain and enjoy" type of film with one EPIC&AMAZING scene with portals.

19 hours ago, Barnack said:

An accurate number of what thought ? Feel like the sentence is missing some words.

If you are talking about studio money making, no it would be less accurate (again assuming they brought back the revenues in US device), Imagine the fantastic scenario: Avatar was big in venezuela in 2010 and now that amount of Venezuela device in 2019 would be really strange and near nothing in US dollar using the on the street exchange rate but a giant amount using some official exchange rate, is it more accurate to try to use that strange 2019 situation that has nothing to do with what Avatar did back in the days ? would it make sense to remove what the movie did in 2009-2010 in that market of it's total because with today exchange rate it would have been nothing ?

What will you do with movie that made their revenues before the Euro like Titanic ? How will you transfer the deutschmarks -franc, etc... revenues of the 1990s.

In your example the 2009 probably made more money from a USA company point of view (money being in US dollar for them).

If you are trying an exercise trying to express admission and not box office in money, than yes it would probably be more accurate (if ticket price didn't move differently than local inflation) or if you are looking in some fantastic how much money it would have made in 2019 with the same admissions that back in the days also yes your method would be better.

An accurate number that represents the same value for both grosses. A common denominator. The closest value there is, is gold.

But for the reasons you explain that's impossible, so it's pointless to even make this adjusted inflation comparisons.

What I'm saying is that you cannot take a highly complex equation and try to solve it with a simplistic formula.

7 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

An accurate number that represents the same value for both grosses. A common denominator. The closest value there is, is gold.

But for the reasons you explain that's impossible

I think you could easily use gold, that would be quite the same has my technique described (has gold value like oil tend to be in US dollar all over the world), if you use gold you will not consider local inflation/local change in exchange rate but the US one in the same way I describe.

12 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

it's pointless to even make this adjusted inflation comparisons.

Well no it is not pointless to make this adjusted inflation comparisons, it compare how much money movie released in different time made for the studio's. Now it is pointless to compare how much money 2 different movie made that is true, but if we play the game that is not pointless (like saying Lion Kings made less or more than EndGame is pointless but not for people on this message board).

It does not tell us much if a movie made more or less money than an other (has many factor that is not purely how popular the movie was would influence that), that it is true, but it is just for the fun of it.

With some delay, here is my updated countdown:

If the record goes down this weekend, it’s crazy how I started getting all the OG Avengers individual posts by very much accident. Still deciding if today is Hulk or Thor, but likely Hulk haha.

SO its' a case of not if, but when, Endgame passes Avatar.

I guess Cameron sort of jinxed himself with the remark about "Capes". That was a cheap shot, I expected better.

ANd ignores all that time Jim Cameron spent in the 90's trying to get a Spiderman movie mounted.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I guess Cameron sort of jinxed himself with the remark about "Capes". That was a cheap shot, I expected better.

ANd ignores all that time Jim Cameron spent in the 90's trying to get a Spiderman movie mounted.

he already took those words back a while ago when Infinity War had its record opening (1:25) but you know Marvel fanboys are just so eager to bring that in his face

Honestly I don't know why people get so pissy at this kind of stuff. Who cares if he takes a jab at a multi-billion franchise? It's like some people take it personal... I like Marvel movies and I didn't care... (and so does he) It's not like Avatar doesn't get continually shit on. It's part of the game 

Edited by Alexdube

What, fanboys got sensitive about a mild jab

perish the thought

prithy

how could this be

fetch me my cups Tiberius

On 7/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, dudalb said:

Well tbf... to quote Peter B. Parker:

"Spider-Man doesn't wear a cape."

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

What, fanboys got sensitive about a mild jab

perish the thought

prithy

how could this be

fetch me my cups Tiberius

FOr me it's the irony that JC spent a lot of time in the 90's trying to get a Spiderman Movie launched.

I just expected a little bit better of Cameron.

Give me the Jim who could actually poke fun at himself, with his playing himself in "The Muse"....

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/avengers-endgame-thanos-cut-off-captain-america-head/

Forget his beard — Captain America almost lost his head.

During a visit to EW’s San Diego Comic-Con video studio Friday, Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo discussed a shocking plot point that they once hoped to include in the film. Late in the movie, the 2014 version of Thanos (Josh Brolin) would have massacred all the Avengers, only to then come to the present and throw the severed head of Captain America (Chris Evans) at the feet of our heroes.

“We clung to that story line for so long just for that moment of Thanos walking through a portal and dropping Captain America’s severed head,” Anthony said.

Added Joe, “We had most of the script working except for the third act, because Anthony and I were clinging to this concept that we wanted Thanos to walk up to the Avengers and throw Captain America’s head on the ground. We couldn’t give up on it, and finally we said, ‘All right, what if we don’t do that, can we find another way into the third act?’ And that’s when it turned into what it is now.”

The brothers dismissed the notion that the twist would have been too dark, with Anthony pointing out, “Thanos is a rough dude.”

:o

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

That decapitation thing was not a bad idea, but instead of Cap's, Thanos should have thrown Thor's, in a kind of symmetry or reciprocity to Thor's "going for the head" in the beginning of Endgame. This would have been more dark gritty 🙄.

Also

Spoiler

After 2023 Thor saw his 2014 decapitated head, he had bouts of vomiting, and his pot belly suddenly shrunk 🙂

Edited by justvision

Feige just went onstage at SDCC and said Endgame will beat Avatars record. Even if its almost certain, bold to call the shot like that

Edited by SpiderByte