Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

23 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Perfectly balanced...  

Of course, TLK about to knock it to 4/10. If TLK beat TA it will be really tough to get back to 5/10.

How much do you think TLK will make? 1.3B? I don't know if it can go higher than 1.3B

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

How much do you think TLK will make? 1.3B? I don't know if it can go higher than 1.3B

Internationally, TLK is looking at over $1 billion OS assuming it follows a similar multiplier to BatB. Domestic shouldn't be lower than $500 million, so I think $1.5 billion WW is looking pretty good. I'll say $1.4-1.6 billion WW just to be safe. 

Edited by KP1025

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Internationally, TLK is looking at over $1 billion OS assuming it follows a similar multiplier to BatB. Domestic shouldn't be lower than $500 million, so I think $1.5 billion WW is looking pretty good. I'll say $1.4-1.6 billion WW just to be safe. 

No no. BP will lose its 10th spot. Hmm I think BP should get re release as proper live action remake of The Lion King and it might gross 100M+... @Thanos Legion

Edited by Nero

Battling it out for #10 WW:

alexander-lozano-black-panther-vs-lion-i

I was looking for a photo of a lion fighting an actual black panther, but this is more awesome.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Lol at fanboy wars...fools Disney is laughing at you gullible folks who keep shitting on each other franchise. I mean do you even get a single penny out of these?

Yeah,like Disney cares which one wins since The Mouse owns them both.

A lot of the Cameron fanboys just refuse to accept that Cameron is now part of the Disney family, like it or not.

And I am predicting that Cameron and Disney will get along just fine. Cameron makes the kind of films that Disney likes...crowd pleasing blockbusters. (yes, I know what happened with Alita, but JC did not direct the film, and in the end only Cameron directing can make a Cameron film).

I have a lot of concern about how powerful Disney is in the film industry....more powerful then I like to see one Studio being....but I also think a lot of the anti Disney attitude of the Cameron fanboys is silly. you don't see that coming from Cameron..he knows better.

1 hour ago, TServo2049 said:

Battling it out for #10 WW:

alexander-lozano-black-panther-vs-lion-i

I was looking for a photo of a lion fighting an actual black panther, but this is more awesome.

No matter who loses, the Mouse wins.....

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

2 billion really is the new 1 billion

This is getting out of hand. There are 5 of them now!

I would not care except one studio has 4 of them.

I don't like one studio getting that much of the market. That studio will get a huge amount of power from that, and it will abuse that power.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The irony of it all  is that Cameron nearly directed the first Spiderman some 23 years ago ...

To be fair, Cameron was pretty gracious in his congratulations to Feige.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/22/2019 at 12:30 PM, marveldcfox said:

Lol at fanboy wars...fools Disney is laughing at you gullible folks who keep shitting on each other franchise. I mean do you even get a single penny out of these?

I own Disney stock, so I'm happy either way! As a Marvel fan, though, I'd like to see Endgame remain on top for a while...

On 7/22/2019 at 7:20 PM, druv10 said:

WORLDWIDE GROSSES
#1-100 - #101-200 - #201-300 - #301-400 - #401-500 - #501-600 - #601-700 - #701-784 

Pink highlight = official revisions of older movies
Gold highlight = now playing or recent movies

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,790.3 $854.2 30.6% $1,936.1 69.4% 2019
2 Avatar Fox $2,789.7 $760.5 27.3% $2,029.2 72.7% 2009^
3 Titanic Par. $2,187.5 $659.4 30.1% $1,528.1 69.9% 1997^
4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $2,068.2 $936.7 45.3% $1,131.6 54.7% 2015
5 Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,048.4 $678.8 33.1% $1,369.5 66.9% 2018
6 Jurassic World Uni. $1,671.7 $652.3 39.0% $1,019.4 61.0% 2015
7 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8 $623.4 41.0% $895.5 59.0% 2012
8 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015
9 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015
10 Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52.0% $646.9 48.0% 2018

Marvel domination is unreal!!! 5 movies in the top 10 of all-time WW with crown jewel AEG at the top.

NVM

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

You know how last summer Marvel partnered with IMAX to show all the MCU films so far during late August. Would the brainstorm at Lucasfilm do that leading up to TRoS to show all Star Wars films, i think it would be good marketing tactic.

If they did that where I live - I would live in the IMAX and never leave it.

PS: This was supposed to be posted in the Episode 9 thread, but for some weird reason, I am still banned - from the thread of one of the best movies of the year, and definitely the best SW movie of all. Go figure.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:51 AM, Mekanos said:

So superhero fatigue will start next year, right?

For sure next year. 2020 is the year, leap year, election year, Phase 4...everyone knows after a successful Trilogy Phase a next Phase sees the dip which leads to fatigue. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m just thinking of the GOT episode of South Park now. Just substitute “the dragons” for “superhero fatigue.”

“Don’t worry, it’s coming! It’s on its way!”

Edited by TServo2049
  • Haha 1

https://archive.fortune.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2006/05/01/8375925/index.htm

Marvel Comics leaps into movie-making

The comic-book king is tired of taking a safe but small cut from licensing its characters for blockbuster films - so now it's going to make the movies itself.
by Susanna Hamner, Business 2.0 Magazine writer-reporter

Marvel also lined up Paramount to handle distribution of the films. After paying the costs of a film's production, distribution, and marketing, Marvel retains 100 percent of all revenue streams, from box office to DVDs to TV licensing. Analysts estimate that instead of taking 10 percent or less of a film's gross, Marvel could wind up with more than half. (Most of the rest goes to theaters, retailers, and the distributor.)

Some Hollywood critics are already whispering that Marvel is crazy to try this. They say most of its best-known characters have already been cinematized: Spider-Man is one thing; Shang-Chi, a crime-fighting martial artist who's also on the Marvel film slate, another. Marvel also faces plenty of competition: Last summer Batman Begins, based on the DC Comics caped crusader, outslugged Marvel's Fantastic Four, and this summer DC Comics's Superman Returns is expected by some analysts to generate about $400 million in U.S. box office alone.

Others speculate that the superhero film craze may fade by 2008, when the first Marvel films are released. And the Marvel magic has already shown some signs of wobbling, as evidenced by 2003's The Hulk, a disappointment despite being directed by the celebrated Ang Lee, and 2005's Elektra, a certifiable dog. "There could be oversaturation," says Arvind Bhatia, an analyst with Sterne Agee & Leach.

Others, however, suggest that Marvel's timing might turn out to be perfect if today's climate of war, terror, and other menaces persists. "During times of economic and social threat, people want moral clarity," says Smith College psychology professor Bill Peterson, who has studied the cultural impact of comic books. "People want a good guy they can trust, and superheroes can vicariously fulfill this role. It's no surprise that, after 9/11, Spider-Man did so well."

The one undeniably scary prospect for Marvel is that the company could actually lose control of some of its characters. Despite financing terms designed to shield the company, if the movies bomb and Marvel misses payments, Merrill could gain control of the rights to future films based on the characters and could sell them to other studios.

Looks like the 2nd group of others were right. :rock:

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

If they did that where I live - I would live in the IMAX and never leave it.

PS: This was supposed to be posted in the Episode 9 thread, but for some weird reason, I am still banned - from the thread of one of the best movies of the year, and definitely the best SW movie of all. Go figure.

Wait...what? Am I understanding this correctly? How have you seen Episode 9?

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Wait...what? Am I understanding this correctly? How have you seen Episode 9?

Shay is Kathleen Kennedy IRL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What on earth made people think $400m domestic for Superman Returns? Batman Begins only did like $205m the year before.