Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

27 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Bucky stans are the worst because Bucky is the worst MCU character

Not while there's Quill

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

*sees uproar on Twitter over fake Joe Russo quote*

*sees the Russo Brothers make fun of it on Twitter*

*sees Twitter get into even MORE of an uproar over that*

*reflects*

Remind me again how Star Wars fans are supposed to be the insane and unreasonable ones? :lol:

(the truth is, of course, EVERY fandom has unreasonable elements.  Every damn last one ;))

Oh yikes. The replies are a mess. I thought that one guy who complains that the Russos hate Thor was ridiculous, but this is just hilarious. I thought Tony and RDJ got a fitting goodbye. And yes, it’s acknowledged that he played a major role in getting the MCU to where it is, but that doesn’t mean he’s the best character or needs to be propped up constantly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yes the Russo Brothers hate Iron Man so much they made him hero who saves the day hmmmm

lmao man imagine these kiddos if Iron Man got the Luke Skywalker treatment instead of this heroic ending.

11 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Oh, Honey, we're already there.

I dunno.  The various MCU stans going after one another strikes me as dinner table bickering compared to the all out revolt back when the Star Wars prequels were still burning hot on a lot of people's minds.  I haven't heard of any of the MCU actors contemplating suicide because of how any of the movies went over yet either.

But give 'em time.  Fandoms never age well.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just saw a TV ad for the digital release tomorrow of "The Biggest Movie Of The Year"

Disney, this is no time for modesty. It's time for people to own "The Biggest Movie Of All Time".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

I wouldn't even know where to find "character stans" (twitter? reddit? tumblr?) but Bucky is easily the worst character in the entire MCU

So in the bonus content they have scripts that Loki, Gamora, Vision and even Thanos 2018 all alive. But Kevin chose the script that they are all dead lol. They even demonstrate the other scripts with cartoon.

Edited by Heroicpiglet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My love for Bucky stems directly from the comics. The Ed Brubaker run was amazing, and made me a huge fan of Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier.  Bucky was pretty blah in The First Avenger but I still liked how they'd set things up for his potential return. He was great in The Winter Soldier and again in Civil War, but hasn't done much of anything since.  I mean, some characters had to take a back seat in Infinity War/Endgame, and since he'd pretty much been the focus of WS and CS, it seemed fair that Bucky gets little to do vs. Thanos, a character well out of his league, anyway. I'm excited to see what they do with him in the Disney-Plus series!

• Like 2

MCU fandom isn't at the level of SW fandom yet only because IW and EG were so well received. There is just as much toxicity potential as shown especially by the toxic CM trolls. The minute the MCU makes a movie as polarizing as PT/TLJ it will devolve given how large the fandom is now (larger fandom = more trolls)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Menor said:

The minute the MCU makes a movie as polarizing as PT/TLJ it will devolve given how large the fandom is now (larger fandom = more trolls)

Older fandoms have a higher troll potential as well.  The longer people are invested into a franchise, the greater the sense of ownership and the feeling that they're owed something a certain percentage of those fans tend to develop.  Star Wars having been around so long is part of the reason it has such an army of malcontents that follow it.  Many of the Marvel characters have been around even longer via the comics, but a high percentage of MCU fans were introduced to them thru the movies and don't read much if any of the source material.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 4

The worst MCU character is, without a doubt, Clint Barton. The bland writing coupled with bad casting has ruined what should have been a standout character for me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 3

21 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

many Would you like me to direct you to the TLJ thread. :rock:

But true, all hard core fan bases have their nutters. The worst part is they're so fucking humorless.

God, yes.

The single biggest difference between fandom when I awas active in it in the 90's and nowdays is that so many fans have no sense of humor. T You don't dare to poke fun at a franchise in the presence of its' fans anymore because somebody would be upset.

Back in the 80's the SW fans loved "Spaceballs". Nowdays Mel Brooks would get death threats for making it.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

On 7/30/2019 at 8:26 AM, Menor said:

The minute the MCU makes a movie as polarizing as PT/TLJ 

Apparently you where never on tumblr for Civil War. The “Peter Parker is a Child Solider” wank is stuff of legend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2019 at 2:54 PM, Horner said:

Older fandoms have a higher troll potential as well. The longer people are invested into a franchise, the greater the sense of ownership and the feeling that they're owed something a certain percentage of those fans tend to develop. ...

I've never seen similar extreme behaviour for 007.

There was heated discussions after every actor change, but that was mostly based on appearance not matching and such, mostly quieting down soon enough after the release. But fans are more used to changes, see e.g. 6 different actors playing the role for movies alone. I think George Lazenby had it especial, as he was a non-European, too young, too inexperienced as an actor, the follow up after (or in between, see the return of) Sean Connery.....

Craig for being blond, shorter than used too and not looking like Fleming imagined James Bond

Fleming007impression.jpg

It is another kind of franchise and I agree its often like you write, only to remind no rule is a 100% rule

So is this the thread in which we can openly talk about the movie? Or is the spoiler ban lifted site-wide?

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

It is another kind of franchise and I agree its often like you write, only to remind no rule is a 100% rule

If I was an absolutist I wouldn't have used terms like "potential" or "tend".

• Like 1