Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The feat to hold not one but 2 infinity stones was made a big deal in Infinity War. 

 

And in the end Iron Man just hold the all 6 as if no big deal. I know he died, but just holding 6 should have made him burn/explode like that girl in GoTG 

Well it's not like he held it by himself, there was the nanotech gauntlet. The GoTG instant burn was with people holding it with their bare hands. Ronan was able to secure it in a device in that movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

BTW how come this forum isn't working on UC Browser?

Exactly ... It's showing 403 cludfront error. @Water Bottle can you see to it? Whenever I'm trying to use site on UC Browser 403 error is showing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

that doesn't mean we have to believe them.

I think you haven't read comics. Iron Man has some armours that are just mind boggling. I forgot the name but the armour can literally absorb the energy surrounding the area..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The feat to hold not one but 2 infinity stones was made a big deal in Infinity War. 

 

And in the end Iron Man just hold the all 6 as if no big deal. I know he died, but just holding 6 should have made him burn/explode like that girl in GoTG 

His suit provided the insulation. If we touch an electrical source with bare hand, 110-220V is enough to break the skin barrier to drive lethal current throgh the heart, whereas one millimeter (mm) of rubber/glass can insulate us from the 20,000V, and 1mm of insulating Teflon film can withstand 100,000V.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s best not to think about these things too hard, but it is portrayed a bit inconsistent in the movies. Hulk wields them via a stark nanotechnology glove but still takes enough direct physical damage that we don’t see happening to Tony before he snaps.     

 

I guess a charitable interpretation is that they were significantly drained after the Hulk snap and not as dangerous, but Tony’s snap still worked because it was a radically, radically, lower power snap than Thanos or Hulk’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, justvision said:

His suit provided the insulation. If we touch an electrical source with bare hand, 110-220V is enough to break the skin barrier to drive lethal current throgh the heart, whereas one millimeter (mm) of rubber/glass can insulate us from the 20,000V, and 1mm of insulating Teflon film can withstand 100,000V.

Exactly. I never thought of this as any kind of plot hole/inconsistency. I think it’s definitely believable that the suit would make it capable to wield and do the snap. The reason Tony was never in the conversation about the Hulk snap isn’t because they didn’t think it was possible for him to do it, but because they knew it would 100% kill him if he did. Hulk and Thor were the only ones with any chance of doing it and surviving. Hulk feels the effects right away that Tony doesn’t because all of the shock is being absorbed directly by him as soon as he puts it on, whereas all of the initial shock is being absorbed by the suit when Tony puts it on, before it gets to him and kills him. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Academy of MP Arts and Sciences president David Rubin "seemed amused when [Deadline's Pete Hammond] asked if he was rooting for The Avengers: Endgame to be a Best Picture nominee. The record will note that he didn’t take the bait. "

 

https://deadline.com/2019/08/academy-president-david-rubin-shorter-oscar-season-expelling-members-praising-praising-movie-theatres-1202667518/

 

I'm taking this as a clear indication that Endgame will firmly be in the BP conversation in a few months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John Harris said:

New Academy of MP Arts and Sciences president David Rubin "seemed amused when [Deadline's Pete Hammond] asked if he was rooting for The Avengers: Endgame to be a Best Picture nominee. The record will note that he didn’t take the bait. "

 

https://deadline.com/2019/08/academy-president-david-rubin-shorter-oscar-season-expelling-members-praising-praising-movie-theatres-1202667518/

 

I'm taking this as a clear indication that Endgame will firmly be in the BP conversation in a few months!

It does have something going for it there as the highest grossing film ever. Out of the other 11 films to hold that title, Jurassic Park is the only one without a BP nom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Also on the topic of Tony’s snap, I’m sure the Russo’s deliberately went out of their way to avoid any exposition on the subject in the script because it would kill any suspense and a lot of the dramatic heft for when Tony does it and dies. If they outright explain how he could do it but it would kill him in the scene where they’re talking about who should do it, it would be not so subtle of foreshadowing.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Exactly. I never thought of this as any kind of plot hole/inconsistency. I think it’s definitely believable that the suit would make it capable to wield and do the snap. The reason Tony was never in the conversation about the Hulk snap isn’t because they didn’t think it was possible for him to do it, but because they knew it would 100% kill him if he did. Hulk and Thor were the only ones with any chance of doing it and surviving. Hulk feels the effects right away that Tony doesn’t because all of the shock is being absorbed directly by him as soon as he puts it on, whereas all of the initial shock is being absorbed by the suit when Tony puts it on, before it gets to him and kills him. 

The suit makes him capable of being hit by Thor's lightning and getting a power up instead of being immediately fried.   No reason to think it didn't also act a as buffer for a few seconds for the gauntlet.  It still fried him and he died in incredible pain. (pisses me off he died more painfully than Thanos)

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of the climax of the film, does anyone else think that Thanos turning to dust would’ve been a lot more satisfying if it had been the same Thanos we saw in IW? I’ve always felt that the prime timeline Thanos had a pretty disappointing end. I know that was the point, but getting turned to dust would’ve been a much more fitting end for the main Thanos than a decapitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

On the subject of the climax of the film, does anyone else think that Thanos turning to dust would’ve been a lot more satisfying if it had been the same Thanos we saw in IW? I’ve always felt that the prime timeline Thanos had a pretty disappointing end. I know that was the point, but getting turned to dust would’ve been a much more fitting end for the main Thanos than a decapitation. 

I loved the shocking scene where Thor whacked off Thanos' head. I think the Mad Titan got what he deserved in both instances.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to pick up the bku ray this time.  I'm sure I'll he checking it out later to get to the cool scenes at the end and whatever features there are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The MCU movies don't have a lot of extras on blu rays because they don't want to reveal Feige is a mutant that can ghost direct 14 movies at a time.

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up the Endgame blu-ray as well. As always, I wish the extras matched the size and scope of the movie event. Oh well. I'll always have my Lord of the Rings extended editions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Oh well. I'll always have my Lord of the Rings extended editions.

:wub: best extras ever... (plus the additional scenes for the movie) beside the missing bloopers, have seen some in the internet that should have been included IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Exactly. I never thought of this as any kind of plot hole/inconsistency. I think it’s definitely believable that the suit would make it capable to wield and do the snap. The reason Tony was never in the conversation about the Hulk snap isn’t because they didn’t think it was possible for him to do it, but because they knew it would 100% kill him if he did. Hulk and Thor were the only ones with any chance of doing it and surviving. Hulk feels the effects right away that Tony doesn’t because all of the shock is being absorbed directly by him as soon as he puts it on, whereas all of the initial shock is being absorbed by the suit when Tony puts it on, before it gets to him and kills him. 

Guy who figures out time travel, but can't figure out to insulate his high-tech prosthesis from radiation absorption for a limited time period would be an actual plot hole.

Edited by I Am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote


In celebration of Endgame’s Blu-ray release on Tuesday, CinemaBlend had a chance to sit down with Sean Gunn at his stop at a Best Buy in Torrance for the “We Love You 3000 Tour”. He reminisced about being apart of the movie with these words in our interview:

My favorite thing was watching cast members talk about what it was like to be where the other one was. I enjoyed hearing Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson talk to Brie Larson about what it’s like getting used to your costume, and how it's tricky and how to navigate learning how to move in a new situation like that. I love that kind of thing more than anything. And I loved watching the older directors talk to the new directors that are coming in and and seeing that. There's a passing of the torch that I really enjoy.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.