Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

10 hours ago, Avatree said:

And Avatar will rule the 2020s.

streaming and TV content will rule the 2020s

sorry folks

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Lol, MCU will rule the 2020s. People never learn.

I remember in December a lot of people were saying that 2018 was the peak of the MCU and 2019 wouldn't be able to match it as neither FFH nor CM would hit a billion and Endgame would decrease from IW because "there was no reason for it to increase"

• Haha 3

Finally watching 

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, Nero said:

think you haven't read comics

not even one but I can't believe that Iron Man simply held all the stones for that long, Hulk had to go through shit before snapping.

4 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

not even one but I can't believe that Iron Man simply held all the stones for that long, Hulk had to go through shit before snapping.

Couldn't it be off-screen? We are looking at Thanos as he is about the make the snap (meanwhile Tony goes through "shit" as you call it :D ) and then Thanos realises he hasn't got the stones and Tony snaps

• Like 1

To be fair, Tony had a whole suit of nanotech to absorb the stones while Hulk only had the gauntlet. You can see the power flowing before he snaps, but it’s mostly through the whole suit. That’s why it had to be him, no one else could realistically have stolen the stones off of Thanos.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Couldn't it be off-screen? We are looking at Thanos as he is about the make the snap (meanwhile Tony goes through "shit" as you call it :D ) and then Thanos realises he hasn't got the stones and Tony snaps

actually we do see the scene when stones are get attached to hand.

Posted (edited)

I am still not able to digest time travel tbh. Whatever they did in MCU, that all was believable to some extent.

Time travel is simply bullshit. Just shoving some quantum blah blah. Handing your biggest film with time travel bull shit. Ugh.

Ten years from now, I can see hating Endgame for that, just like I think The Avengers is average stuff now. Infinity War on other hand will stand test of time.

Also Also, I didn't complained about it till now. In Infinity War, the children of Thanos, were big PITA of The Avengers. In Endgame you just killed them in seconds. Fuck off.

ffs Okoye lift Glaive on fucking spear. Give me a break.

Maw took on Tony, Strange, Wong and Spidey in Infinity War. In Endgame, he did what? 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Maw took on Tony, Strange, Wong and Spidey in Infinity War. In Endgame, he did what? 

In IW they killed Maw in two seconds.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, cookie said:

In IW they killed Maw in two seconds.

actually Maw died post Tony snap. It was that he was just wasted in the film.

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

actually Maw died post Tony snap. It was that he was just wasted in the film.

I wasn't talking about Endgame.

Time travel really is playing with fire. They managed to keep things straight in Endgame, but I’m fearful that they'll fuck it up if they keep playing with it — especially since M&M seem clueless about how it works.

I understand narratively why time wasn't given to the Black Order in Endgame 3rd act, but in-universe it is annoyingly inconsistent with their level of threat in IW.

• Like 1

Markus and McFeely made me laugh hardcore when they pretty much announced to the world that they don't get shit about time travel. They better not get a chance to work on it again.

That being said, I remain on the solid ground that the handling of Endgame's time travel was well done. Maybe because I understood what they were doing and really didn't find holes in the logic throughout the film, apart from the Cap paradox at the end. I saw some people complaining about how they were hypocrites and actually were ripping off BTTF, but in BTTF, all life is affected by time travel changes; while here, time travel only creates parallel timelines. The only reason why they ever felt the need to return the Infinity Stones to their original place in time was to not disturb those parallel timelines, because, guess what, they're heroes and they don't wanna hurt civilians.

As for the Black Order, I can understand the lack of presence, since the focus was on the heroes this time around. And it's not like they were ever super threatening, apart from Maw who was killed in the Good Snap.

• Like 4

I bet Markus and McFeely have different interpretations of time travel than the Russos just to keep conversation going about the movie. They're playing us.

When it comes to time travel, the only problem I have with the film is that the scene at the end with Cap sitting on the bench was set up in a way that made it seem like the movie was contradicting its own rules just for the sake of being more dramatic. If Steve had teleported back to the time travel platform as an old man, the scene would’ve worked fine, but the way it was actually handled obviously confused a number of people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am still not able to digest time travel tbh. Whatever they did in MCU, that all was believable to some extent.

Time travel is simply bullshit. Just shoving some quantum blah blah. Handing your biggest film with time travel bull shit. Ugh.

Ten years from now, I can see hating Endgame for that, just like I think The Avengers is average stuff now. Infinity War on other hand will stand test of time.

Also Also, I didn't complained about it till now. In Infinity War, the children of Thanos, were big PITA of The Avengers. In Endgame you just killed them in seconds. Fuck off.

ffs Okoye lift Glaive on fucking spear. Give me a break.

Even in IW they weren't all that formidable except for Maw. The handling of the Black Order is probably my biggest criticism of these two movies.

• Like 2