Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | The most profitable movie of 2019. ALL HAIL PAPA FEIGE

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Fandango presales comps in the tracking thread suggested an opening in the 90M range, with some comps suggesting 100M+.  Please don't give me this revisionist history.  That film's performance was a clear example of how presales have become far more prevalent now.

Either way, that wasn't my point.  My point is that it's much more preferable to set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to setting yourself up for disappointment when you expect an insane number like 1B worldwide opening.

That was 1 day of presells. Cumulative was always around Halloween. It's not a revisionist history, it's just lack of understanding as you, I think don't come much in tracking thread.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Is there any possible scenes on EG that could trigger a TLJ-like reaction from the fans? Because that is the reaction that I fear the most.

-Thor Takes his Ax and throws it over  a cliff for a gag in the first 5 mins.

-Captain turns all Emo and drinks milk straight from a cow.

-Blackwidow and Hawkeye go to some random location for 30 mins and talk about social inequality when they are actually pressed for time to save everyone.

-Rocket and War Machine are left out of the loop of the Avengers secret plan to take down Thanos so they spend most of the movie launching a coup deta at the Avengers base.

-Iron Man faces Thanos but its only his suit, as he is actually sitting at his house in Malibu and then vanishes to Thin air.

- Captain Marvel goes through the entire film with any real challenge and kills Thanos effortlessly. 

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

Audience Score: 39%

Opening Weekend: 285 million

Domestic Total: 579 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Astonished 2
  • Not Cool 1

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My point is that it's much more preferable to set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to setting yourself up for disappointment when you expect an insane number like 1B worldwide opening.

This is good advice. I’m keeping my expectations low with just the 1B combined WW OW so I can be pleasantly surprised with the real result.

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

then thats your problem bc we know that 1 bill ow for endgame is not locked

To be fair we don’t know anything about what isn’t locked for this film. The sky is the limit. 

I’d say $300m is locked OW domestically.

All this presale fuss and presale records broken, all the press today about ticket sales means that a $40m increase from the last film seems very achievable. 

Just now, Krissykins said:

jesus fucking christ

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

jesus fucking christ

can you fucking stop ? whatsa your problem its his opinion jesus christ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

-Blackwidow and Hawkeye go to some random location for 30 mins and talk about social inequality when they are actually pressed for time to save everyone.

-Rocket and War Machine are left out of the loop of the Avengers secret plan to take down Thanos so they spend most of the movie launching a coup deta at the Avengers base.

-Iron Man faces Thanos but its only his suit, as he is actually sitting at his house in Malibu and then vanishes to Thin air.

- Captain Marvel goes through the entire film with any real challenge and kills Thanos effortlessly. 

The best post of the day.

• Haha 2

Just now, That One Guy said:

jesus fucking christ

The big difference between this film and US is that it appeals to much wider audience as well.

So really the issue for this film is that there is a key market that will come out but its about getting those people who go to theater 1-2 times a year really. 

Just now, john2000 said:

To be fair, “300M OW is locked” is fucking insane. And that’s from a huge Endgame optimist.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

To be fair, “300M OW is locked” is fucking insane. And that’s from a huge Endgame optimist.

its still his opinion i believe that people who think 1 billion for pikachu are crazy but i dont run into the comments talking shit bc its their opinion and i respect that to disagree with someone its okay to have fucking meltdowns bc you dont agree with what they do its stupid (it wanst a good day for me so excuse me for my tone )

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I agree 300mn dom ain't locked but 1bn ww is.

agree and really its doesnt need to make 300 ow i would also said that 1 bill ow its not locked

54 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

What a random opening day lmao

If I remember it right, there are 2 local movies that wont move.

Plus a few holiday days rather time near to its openening day, means from 1 May to 5 May. Labour Day is less big than up to 1991, but still big.

They still march at that day, no idea how many cinemas will feel that or not.

28 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Who here hasn’t overpredicted a movie? For god sakes I once thought The Star was going to do near $200M DOM.

me

(bcs I never predict, I give a f... about legs, for me its all about budget x mp= final ww)

25 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

To be fair we don’t know anything about what isn’t locked for this film. The sky is the limit. 

All this presale fuss and presale records broken, all the press today about ticket sales means that a $40m increase from the last film seems very achievable. 

That would require the largest OW jump of all time (in $, not %)

23 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Misgendering :jeb!:

:ban:

:sparta:

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

30 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I love The Last Jedi. I also really laughed hard at this post.

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That would require the largest OW jump of all time (in $, not %)

Really wouldn’t be too surprising. It took 1 year for Avengers to beat DH2 by $38m. Then 3.5 years for TFA to beat Avengers by $40.5 million (I know JW beat it marginally.)

IW beating TFA was kinda like JW beating Avengers. It was marginal, really and not even 4%. It’s been over 3 years since TFA, so it’s about time for another $40 million jump.

Still might not hit $300m of course but it’s not that far of a stretch when you think about the history of the record breakers.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I've read some really funny shit yesterday and today but this is #1

:bravo:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1

I think Mark let something slip in this interview.