Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | The most profitable movie of 2019. ALL HAIL PAPA FEIGE

Just now, aabattery said:

Great reviews.

Excited to see the mental hula hoops Futurist is going to go through to still dump on the critics for not getting Marvel movies or whatever.

Have critics not been overwhelmingly favorable to the MCU (I know logic and Futurist don't mix well)?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Says 97% now on the MCU page so another rotten's gotten in there that's not visible on the film's page yet.

It's the Slant review. Slant and Globe & Mail were rotten out of 58.

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

I don’t know any of these people lol.

But I do know every movie fans’ favorite darling critic Armond White. Does he usually review these movies?

Armond White is beyond reason. He will never give a superhero movie a good review (or any movie? has he ever given a fresh review?)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Great reviews.

Excited to see the mental hula hoops Futurist is going to go through to still dump on the critics for not getting Marvel movies or whatever.

Futurist is the worst example of them, but I gotta say that sadly, there is still a sizable portion of the fan base who can’t seem to let go of the victim mentality/inferiority complex over MCU.

I mean, I understand it when MCU first started out, but currently, this franchise is undeniably the biggest franchise in the world. People has gotta let it go and enjoy this high time.

• Like 5

So present day Thanos gets killed in like the first 10 minutes of the film.

Can someone someone give me the cliff notes of what happens after that?

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Armond White is beyond reason. He will never give a superhero movie a good review (or any movie? has he ever given a fresh review?)

BvS says hi :rofl:

He usually waits until late in the review cycle to post.  He needs to see which way the consensus is going and then do the opposite

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, FilmBuff said:

Maybe even Telemachos will like Endgame!

:hahaha:

54 minutes ago, Sam said:

I have learned to see it as a positive. 

For a franchise like MCU that was painstakingly built on and succeeded base on attachment and emotional journey between fans and their love for these characters, I’ve been taken the “fan service” criticism as a compliment.

Right?  Not to mention the fact that this is exactly what the comic books do as well. 

40 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Everything in me right now wants to say this can make a run for $1b DOM if it's that good, but some tiny semblance of sanity is regrettably nagging at me. But this will be our last shot for anything to do that in a long long time. 

I was talking about this very thing this morning with the guys and while it's still quite unlikely, a perfect storm of perfect storms could unfold right before us.  With the reviews this is getting and potential out-of-this-world WOM, anything is possible.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's the Slant review. Slant and Globe & Mail were rotten out of 58.

2 rotten out of 72 reviews now

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

He gave Serenity, Peppermint, and Death Wish fresh reviews :hahaha:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I’m not saying they are I’m saying by reading the spoilers marvel either killed or sidelined every major female character and I will bet my house that the outrage farms will start pumping shit out when they see it

Or, and here's a nuanced take, folks might be happy with the film overall (very happy even) while still being upset/pissed at this particular plot-point.

A "both things can be true" type thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

He usually waits until late in the review cycle to post.  He needs to see which way the consensus is going and then do the opposite

His review of Black Panther was truly a very odd thing to read. One of the strangest reviews I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, GOXOG said:

2 rotten out of 72 reviews now

I'm glad RT is updating accordingly for somebody. What's the average rating now?

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I'm happy it's getting great reviews, but this ain't getting a BP Oscar nom.

only ROTK can ROTK

sorry folks

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm glad RT is updating accordingly for somebody. What's the average rating now?

8.38/10 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sounds like I have some light reading entertainment ahead then.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

only ROTK can ROTK

sorry folks

true that

MCU marathon movie #16 - Spider-man Homecoming

This movie had some incredible scenes that I was very happy to revisit

- The car scene with Vulture. So intense and musical and light cue (with that red and green traffic light) are great. Keaton nailed it here. One of the better MCU villains despite not being flashy

- The scene where Peter is stuck under all the debris is amazing as well. Really well acted by Tom Holland

- The last post credit scene is hilarious. I remember watching it in theatre. Everyone was laughing at it

Only 2 days left before I see Endgame so gonna have to do 2 movies a day now. Will do Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther tomorrow. And then Ant-Man 2 first and Infinity War a few hours before I go see Endgame

@Water Bottle You know Zemo is one big reason why Thanos and his minions had so much success in Infinity War. His breaking up of the team broke the Avengers unity and strength allowing Thanos's children to attack them separately. Thanos would still probably have won but it would not have been as easy for him as it was 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 5

Top Critic 94%

Avg Rating 7.81

15/16 Fresh

Edit : I reckon, Critics Score might go up again to 98, I might be wrong but it seems there are 82 fresh reviews out of 84

Edited by BlitheringEdiot
Update

Why couldn’t Nebula have heroically sacrificed herself to kill Thanos? That would have been incredibly satisfying and also would have fit in with the comic somewhat. Well she just steals it for herself there, but still. 

Realistically, not that this matters, I'd like to see it finish at 90% or above at RT with an Average Rating at 8.0 or above. And, I'd like see at 75 or above at MC. We'll see.

• Like 1