Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | The most profitable movie of 2019. ALL HAIL PAPA FEIGE

My only wish for Endgame was to beat The Force Awakens considering how close Infinity War came to achieving that. Maybe...maybe beat Titanic if the film is fantastic, and everything falls into place.

The possibility of beating Avatar never crossed my mind, after all it's been 10 years and the closest a film came was the Force Awakens, which was still $720 million short. 

I'm still in disbelief even after religiously following the run it's been on since April. Absolutely incredible achievement,

It was only 4 years ago when Age of Ultron finished third Worldwide and it seemed that the Avengers (2012) was the peak of the franchise. Endgame almost doubled Age of Ultron.

Marvelous!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

9-A5-EEA25-246-B-4408-8-A85-A3-B7-DCE9-D

No other being has ever had the might...nay the nobility...to defeat not 1, but 2 of Cameron's movies !

Okay, seeing a lot of Endgame quotes adapted for the celebration, but so far this is my favorite. (Out of reacts)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Dark Samurai said:

My only wish for Endgame was to beat The Force Awakens considering how close Infinity War came to achieving that. Maybe...maybe beat Titanic if the film is fantastic, and everything falls into place.

The possibility of beating Avatar never crossed my mind, after all it's been 10 years and the closest a film came was the Force Awakens, which was still $720 million short. 

I'm still in disbelief even after religiously following the run it's been on since April. Absolutely incredible achievement,

It was only 4 years ago when Age of Ultron finished third Worldwide and it seemed that the Avengers (2012) was the peak of the franchise. Endgame almost doubled Age of Ultron.

Marvelous!

Ultron was 4th. Endgame should comfortably more than double it in global tickets ( @Charlie Jatinder, can I get a sanity check on that?)

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ultron was 4th. Endgame should comfortably more than double it in global tickets ( @Charlie Jatinder, can I get a sanity check on that?)

Yes, you’re right, I completely forgot that TFA came out in 2015 as well. 

I remember the “franchise king is back” posts when it made $2 billion+ and it beat Marvel’s high by more than $550 million. They made sense. It was indeed a triumphant return.

Fast forward a few years, TFA sequel makes $1,3 billion and gets beat by a solo Avenger film while Endgame more than doubles it.

What a crazy turnaround!

1 hour ago, expensiveho said:

The best thing about this is that the "Will it beat Avatar?" Discussion is finally gone. 

Congrats. Seems fitting that the highest grossing brand of all time with the highest grossing franchise of all time has the highest grossing movie of all time. Perfectly balanced. 

Technically the highest grossing brand is Pokemon.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Heroicpiglet said:

And well done @Zatt Hawkguy Murdock for sticking with Endgame till the end. You are very brave.

2 hours ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Where is our Lord and savior @Zatt Hawkguy Murdock ?

2 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

I imagine @Zatt Hawkguy Murdock will grace us with an atomic bomb in the middle of the Pacific Ocean any time from now.

5 hours ago, Mekanos said:

Where is my man @Zatt Hawkguy Murdock?????

Thread:

https://twitter.com/zattmurdock/status/1152769144586231809?s=19

I got mocked, ridiculed, bullied and attacked online like literally never happened to me just for sharing @Charlie Jatinder numbers and believing that Endgame would end up becoming the highest grossing film of all time.

It's Saturday and EVERY FUCKING THING is going my way, and the night has just started. Marvel Studios SDCC panel was golden and Iam happy not only that a film that I love so much is getting the accolades it deserves, but most of all that I am part of a box office online community since 2012 that taught me literally everything I know about box office.

@baumer, you are a fucking inspiration. I know that we've our differences in the past and that I acted like a legit fucking asshole, but I do owe you a lot of what I know of box office, and while I still don't know SHIT, outside this place most of us that follow this community are fucking kings when it comes to projecting box office numbers and seeing a box office trend before hand. @DeadArachnid!™  you might never see this, but I miss you and I hope that you are happy, healthy and livingi well wherever you are. @Plain Old Tele, I love you man. You are someone that I learned to love throughout the years and I am continuously amazed at your POV in life and I try always to integrate that to my day to day life. @CJohn Portugal you fucking lunatic, you are fucking nuts and I love you for that. @AndyLL you are the fucking best, I barely see you around, but I can't wait for how insane it will be once Rise of the Skywalker arrives. @grim22, I see a LOT of myself in you. As a fellow DC fan, I get that all we want is good DC films, and I'm happy and excited for everything coming our way in the years to come.

@Shawn, my dude, my favorite box office analyst, the very FIRST Asgardian, even before the box office gods that walk among us today: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS PLACE. THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMUNITY. THANK YOU for all single admin and moderator that made this a healthy and cool place to discuss film and box office.  Thank you for being the fucking SINGLE box office analyst in all the fucking internet to call on that THR report that this was bound to happen. You are the best among all the box office analysts, and acknowledgement of that will only grow stronger.

Thank you to our Asgardian, @Rthhome, @Charlie Jatinder and @EmpireCity for all your hard work and knowledge throughout the years. Thank you too to both @Gavin Feng, @Olive, @Fullbuster and all the people at the international threads to keep us always updated and giving us their insight.

Thank you ALL for this community that we have. Thank you to the friends I made here and other places because of box office and film discussion. Thank you @redfirebird2008, @druv10, @TalismanRing, @Menor, @Durden, @terrestrial, @narniadis, @Sam, @a2k, @Mekanos, @keysersoze123, @Captain Craig, @ecstasy, @Cochofles (Miss ya), @XO21, @ZeeSoh, @cax16 , @nguyenkhoi282 @aabattery and the people that I am forgetting on this wall of text post.

Thanks also to my new buddies that jumped from Era to here to talk about box office: @Alexandros, @Heroicpiglet, @Hemo memo, @kswiston and probably others that I'm missing.

Thanks also to @JamesCameronScholar and Big Jimbo, for being actually cooler heads than people have always given them credit for here on BOT. There is a lot of people that behave nastily worse than them and as a Cameron fan myself, they do represent me.

Box office history is being made today, ladies and lads. Now where is my gold account, @Water Bottle? Buying it right now.

Spoiler

Insert *Tony Stark's snap gif* right here

Edited by Zatt was right
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

As a Marvel superfan since 1974, having suffered through the ignominy of the Nicholas Hammond Spidey series, the Hulk/Thor TV nonsense, and the company’s first few failed forays into cinema (Howard the Duck, anyone?), I am thrilled to be witnessing this Golden age of superhero films, led by Marvel Studios.  Ten-year-old me would never believe that one day, the highest grossing film of all time would feature all my favorite Marvel heroes: Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, and even Spider-Man! Although I’m not a big Avatar fan I do love James Cameron, and the fact that it’s a Cameron movie that Endgame is knocking out of the top spot makes it even sweeter, as I’ve been an admirer of his work since I first saw The Terminator in ‘84.

The fact that my son (now 19) has grown up with these movies, and loves this universe as much as I do, makes it still sweeter!

Congrats to Kevin Feige and company! It’s nice hanging on a board like this where posters recognize what a truly epic accomplishment this is!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

since Ultron had preferable ER as well, yes easily.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Never forget.

Those folks clearly need to be taken to the infirmary asap

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Never forget.

Does Kevin owe this guy money? I mean he's after EndGame since beginning. Troll.

Can someone change the thread title in celebration? :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 out top 14 trends in India are for MCU right now, including Thor, Natalie, Mash Ali, #SDCC2019 and of course #AvengersEndgame

• Astonished 1

We won this decade, but things are only just beginning. People thinking Endgame would be followed by a decline in interest are gonna be in for a rude awakening :) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

7 out top 14 trends in India are for MCU right now, including Thor, Natalie, Mash Ali, #SDCC2019 and of course #AvengersEndgame

what is your opinion about the phase 4 reveal charlie?

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Marvel mass 💪💪