Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | The most profitable movie of 2019. ALL HAIL PAPA FEIGE

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Not for Endgame. The film had 'watch it before spoilers' buzz.

 

Holidays increase the film's viewing by increasing repeat watches and more family outings. Opening of Endgame would have been capacity whenever released.

 

$350mn is virtual capacity on what it released.

Yeah that would have affected, but the scenario in question isn't TRoS release date, its Christmas in general.

 

On TRoS date, I would expect

60

95

105

90 (wait, TRoS didn't had Sunday as Christmas Eve)

60

40

60

57 // 567 as against 474 now (+93)

48

45

40 // 700 as against 621 now (+79)

30

25

31

16 // 802 as against 660 now (+142)

18

22

14 // 856 as against 724 now (+132)

 

eventually 940-950 as against 858 now. (+82-92)

My bad, I thought Eve was on Sunday for some reason. Still, newcomers to the franchise are more likely to wait than fans of the franchise who care more about the spoilers. Just because it reached capacity in April doesn't mean it would in December. There are certainly going to be more people who are going to wait until the weekdays to watch it since its the holidays.

 

 

And Disney would've put the movie in the pre-Christmas weekend like they've done so for the past couple of years.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

And Disney would've put the movie in the pre-Christmas weekend like they've done so for the past couple of years.

This is for Christmas 2019. Don't think Disney would have released the film on Dec 13. Dec 20 is pre-Xmas enough.

 

At TRoS release date, EG would have cleared 940-950 in North America, 600mn in China, easily +15-20% in Europe. Would have cleared $3Bn easily.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think the OW would have dropped a bit, just because there would definitely have been some people who decided to wait an extra day or two. However, with the kind of WOM Endgame had, I think it would have more than made up for an OW drop with the weekday holds and a great run throughout the holidays. We'll never know but I wish we would get an Avengers film in December sometime just to see how it does.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

This is for Christmas 2019. Don't think Disney would have released the film on Dec 13. Dec 20 is pre-Xmas enough.

 

At TRoS release date, EG would have cleared 940-950 in North America, 600mn in China, easily +15-20% in Europe. Would have cleared $3Bn easily.

That's what I meant by pre-Christmas weekend lol. And it wouldn't have opened to 350 mil DOM or 1.2 bil WW with that release date so it wouldn't have made that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Menor said:

I think the OW would have dropped a bit, just because there would definitely have been some people who decided to wait an extra day or two. However, with the kind of WOM Endgame had, I think it would have more than made up for an OW drop with the weekday holds and a great run throughout the holidays. We'll never know but I wish we would get an Avengers film in December sometime just to see how it does.

If the Star Wars film in December 2022 continues the trend of Star Wars in general going down a tier on the box office hierarchy, I could definitely see Disney start using the prime December date for the biggest Marvel films and putting Star Wars back in its classic late May slot.

 

The saga films were "too big" for a Memorial Day weekend date that has become less and less lucrative at the box office but assuming Star Wars films never reach those heights again, I could see them being the perfect Memorial Day weekend releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think MCU is going to keep the May 1st date. Launching the summer season is too good of a position.

 

Nowadays Memorial Day is for B-tier blockbusters. Especially with movies like Endgame destroying everything in it's path for weeks.

Edited by grey ghost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An MCU film could dominate any month it wanted to at this point.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

 

Truth is stupider than fiction.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.