Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Oh God, I am giggling. My friend sent me this yesterday and I got stuck in like a time loop for ten minutes and never finished. :rofl:How long did it take you? 

Current Manual Ranking:

God Tier:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

2. Avengers: End Game

3. Black Panther

4. Avengers: Infinity War

5. Captain Marvel

6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Thor: Ragnarok

Excellent:

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2

10. Marvel’s The Avengers
11. Guardians of the Galaxy

12. Ant-Man And The Wasp
13. Iron Man
14. Ant-Man

Good:

15. Spider-Man: Homecoming

16. Thor

17. Iron Man Three

You Tired:

18. Iron Man II
19. Thor: The Dark World
20. The Incredible Hulk
21. Dr. Strange

Fuck You Forever:

22. Avengers: Age of Ultron

@MovieMan89

I don’t know if you are just trolling for notes or what with that Iron Man comment. The movie 💯 holds up. More importantly, we would be here without it. Hulk flopped. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean it isn’t great, or doesn’t hold historical significance. There are a lot of films in cinematic history I don’t really like, but I understand why they are milestones. 

I can’t believe -I am- the one having to say this: Respect Tony Stark and his film. He deserves it. 

Nah, the character and performance are incredible, and that’s what elevates the film. I’ve never taken any credit away from that aspect, it will always be fantastic. Replace that with a more typical character/performance and please tell me how it’s not a pretty generic film though. You seem to miss my whole point that IF it didn’t have that going for it, it would be lower tier. The characterization and performance are what keep it from that. That’s my point. And when did I say that any of the other movies would exist without it? Obviously not, how is that relevant to what I was saying?

Edited by MovieMan89

This diehard DC fan Saw it yesterday. Mind blown. This and IW are the Godfather Part 1 and 2 of comic book movies. I laughed, I cried, I cheered three different times in that astonishing third act... this is truly one for the ages. Hats off to Disney and Marvel for giving us such an amazing ride these past 10 years! 👏

• Like 10

The average multiplier for the previous 21 MCU films has been about 2.7. Assuming a $356 million OW, that would give Endgame a total in the $960 million range DOM.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I guess since we can't discuss spoilers in this topic we're ranking again. 

The MCU quiz is very handy since I find ranking pretty nebulous.

It changes with re-watches and moods but as of now

First 12:  A+  to A-

Next 10: B+ to D (only D is TDW)

1. Avengers: Endgame
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. Avengers: Infinity War
  4. Captain America: Civil War
  5. Iron Man
  6. Captain America: The First Avenger
  7. Iron Man 3
  8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  9. The Avengers
  10. Thor: Ragnarok
  11. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  12. Black Panther
  13. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Thor
  16. Captain Marvel
  17. Doctor Strange
  18. Guardians of the Galaxy
  19. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  20. Iron Man 2
  21. The Incredible Hulk
  22. Thor: The Dark World

Damn, that is pretty close to mine... I would just swap IW and TWS and TA into top5 and IM3 way lower. Rest is okay I think :)

PS oops I found Ragnarok, this higher too. Just shift that to 5 and TA to 6 and IM3 between AM&tW and IM2.

Edited by Inuyaki

Endgame was just as good on rewatch. Cried again twice which is strange since I never cry at films. 

Jesus it's so good. I need to see if my hating the ending of IW and fast pace changes if I watch together with End game. Besides that the visuals and fight scenes were better in IW than End Game but how a film ends matters to me. It's why I watched DH1 once, and DH2 a ton. Unfinished for me is meh but it was the right decision rather I like it or not as man did it set up End Game well.

It might be nice to have fast paced nonstop for 2.5 hours, then slow down for 2 and ratched back up. 5.5 hours though....

Did anyone watch both together for the special paired screening? I missed out on that and wish I had done it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

This diehard DC fan Saw it yesterday. Mind blown. This and IW are the Godfather Part 1 and 2 of comic book movies. I laughed, I cried, I cheered three different times in that astonishing third act... this is truly one for the ages. Hats off to Disney and Marvel for giving us such an amazing ride these past 10 years! 👏

The big difference between the DCU and the MCU is not that the Marvel charecters are so much better....DC has incredible character..but that Marvel Studios had a guy named Kevin Feige in charge.  It's not that he could not make mistakes....I think in view of how good Wonder Woman was and how lousy THor 2 was removing Patty Jenkins was a mistake...but he made a hell of a lot fewer then DC Studio Management did.

Feige was willing to take chances, but none that could not be quickly fixes. He would not have subcontracted out the whole Universe to a divisive director like Zack Snyder. Maybe hire him to do a single film, yes, but not turn out the whole universe over to him.

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have a friend who works at the AMC near me and was assigned the "graveyard" shift for the opening weekend of Avengers. He said it was busier  at 2-3AM at the theater, than most of the Friday night shifts he works....  They almost ran out of concessions

Edited by lightscamera
forgot verbage

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

The big difference between the DCU and the MCU is not that the Marvel charecters are so much better....DC has incredible character..but that Marvel Studios had a guy named Kevin Feige in charge.  It's not that he could not make mistakes....I think in view of how good Wonder Woman was and how lousy THor 2 was removing Patty Jenkins was a mistake...but he made a hell of a lot fewer then DC Studio Management did.

Feige was willing to take chances, but none that could not be quickly fixes. He would not have subcontracted out the whole Universe to a divisive director like Zack Snyder. Maybe hire him to do a single film, yes, but not turn out the whole universe over to him.

Jenkins wasn't removed from Thor, she said she quit when she saw it might be a mess and was worried about being a female director of a high profile stinker.  They had problems on that from early on when Don Payne who co-wrote Thor and was working on TDW died and Branagh left b/c the turnaround was too fast for him.  Feige should have waited another year for Branagh and better script but that's a hard decision when the dates been set and they only were doing 2 movies year then (and just the little one - Avengers - the year before)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Jenkins wasn't removed from Thor, she said she quit when she saw it might be a mess and was worried about being a female director of a high profile stinker.  They had problems on that from early on when Don Payne who co-wrote Thor and was working on TDW died and Branagh left b/c the turnaround was too fast for him.  Feige should have waited another year for Branagh and better script but that's a hard decision when the dates been set and they only were doing 2 movies year then (and just the little one - Avengers - the year before)

Well they had their share of problems at start but looking at Ragnarok & IW, i say for Thor as a character, things worked out quite well. 

Now just how he is in GOTG Vol 3 instead of a lame "he quit the team midway because he wanted to do something else" excuse. I mean GOTG will go up against pretty park characters, so they'll need one super power themselves. And above all, they are just a blast together, chemistry is incredible and guaranteed entertainment.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think Yost and Markus & McFeely wrote different drafts and then passed them to each other and sort of merged them together for Thor 2?

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

Took the MCU Quiz and it’s actually pretty accurate for me. There’s obviously some regency bias for Endgame since I recently watched it and really want to watch it again despite where I might actually have it ranked. I’d also probably have Civil War above Thor and IM3 above TDW

2. Black Panther
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. The Avengers
  5. Avengers: Infinity War
  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  8. Captain Marvel
  9. Thor: Ragnarok
  10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  12. Thor
  13. Captain America: Civil War
  14. Iron Man
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Captain America: The First Avenger
  18. Ant-Man
  19. Thor: The Dark World
  20. Iron Man 3
  21. Iron Man 2
  22. The Incredible Hulk

• Like 2

I’m not a sith, so I never deal in absolutes.

However, with that said....

This OW record will never be beat. We won’t see anything like this again (at least not in our lifetime).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I took the quiz as well.  Kind of surprised by the results, honestly.  Edit: The Top 4 look right, though.

2. Avengers: Endgame
  5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  6. Thor: Ragnarok
  7. The Avengers
  8. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  9. Iron Man
  10. Captain America: The First Avenger
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy
  12. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  13. Black Panther
  14. Doctor Strange
  15. Captain Marvel
  16. Ant-Man
  17. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  18. Thor: The Dark World
  19. Iron Man 3
  20. Thor
  21. Iron Man 2
  22. The Incredible Hulk
Edited by LinksterAC

Posted (edited)

Well I took the MCU quiz for fun. The results is fairly accurate surprisingly. Except for TWS which is too high (should be outside Top 10 just above Civil War), and Ant-Man should be under Captain Marvel, the rest looks about more or less not too far off from my preference. 

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron

2. Avengers: Endgame

4. The Avengers

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

6. Iron Man

7. Thor: Ragnarok

8. Captain America: The First Avenger

9. Black Panther

10. Ant-Man

11. Iron Man 3

12. Captain America: Civil War

13. Captain Marvel

14. Spider-Man: Homecoming

15. Thor

16. Iron Man 2

17. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

18. Guardians of the Galaxy

19. Thor: The Dark World

20. Ant-Man and the Wasp

21. The Incredible Hulk

22. Doctor Strange

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

1. Iron Man
  2. Thor: Ragnarok
  3. Iron Man 3
  4. Avengers: Endgame
  5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  6. Black Panther
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy
  8. The Avengers
  9. Avengers: Infinity War
  10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  12. Captain America: Civil War
  13. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  14. Doctor Strange
  15. Captain America: The First Avenger
  16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  17. Ant-Man
  18. Captain Marvel
  19. Thor
  20. Iron Man 2
  21. Thor: The Dark World
  22. The Incredible Hulk

I don't think the quiz could quite handle my spastic indecisiveness around the end but got the top three right at the very least.

• Like 1

What’s the link for the quiz?

Posted (edited)

Got pretty much the same ranking though I'm really don't want to rank Endgame until a 2nd viewing 

Would probably swap Doctor Strange with Ant-Man and the Wasp too

2. Avengers: Infinity War

3. Avengers: Endgame

4. The Avengers

5. Thor: Ragnarok

6. Black Panther

7. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Captain America: Civil War

9. Spider-Man: Homecoming

10. Iron Man 3

11. Iron Man

12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

13. Captain America: The First Avenger

14. Captain Marvel

15. Ant-Man

16. Avengers: Age of Ultron

17. Thor

18. Ant-Man and the Wasp

19. Doctor Strange

20. Iron Man 2

22. The Incredible Hulk

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

2. Avengers: Infinity War
  3. Thor: Ragnarok
  5. Iron Man
  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  8. The Avengers
  9. Black Panther
  10. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  12. Iron Man 3
  13. Iron Man 2
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Guardians of the Galaxy
  16. Captain America: The First Avenger
  17. Captain Marvel
  18. Doctor Strange
  19. Thor
  20. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  22. The Incredible Hulk

Huh, that's surpisingly accurate I think. I love how Incredible Hulk and The Dark world are at the bottom of everyone's lists. Gotg2 and AM&W are underrated and better than the first movies and Iron Man 2 is not That Bad, fight me.