Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

Posted (edited)

From PR point of view it would be better for Disney to accept the 2nd place for EG and avoid unnecessary drama

Edited by Geo1500

A post credit scence (not any additional footage or deleted scence for the movie) around 2-3 minutes to promote FFH and only in domestic market and we call this re-release? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, danhtruong5 said:

A post credit scence (not any additional footage or deleted scence for the movie) around 2-3 minutes to promote FFH and only in domestic market and we call this re-release? 

again we dont know if thats only for dom

6 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So if it fails  , it won't even beat Avatar's intial run now

ah the original avatar  run made 2755, this weekend endgame will already be at around 2750 , so ....

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So if it fails  , it won't even beat Avatar's intial run now

????

2 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

????

yeah i dont know what is he saying either

Will this be enough? Seems unlikely but I could be wrong. What were we looking at Endgame finishing at WW without this “re-release” 2.76B? There would still be 28m more to go and a couple minutes of footage in the credits surely wouldn’t add that much.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Everything extra is coming after the credits. So the cut of the film is unchanged.

What? That's stupid. They should just put them in the film, how much effort would that take? 

Wait, so, how’s this going to work? Is this going to be considered a re-release, or a simple expansion?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

I'm confused, so that's what it is? I guess that makes more sense, if they were going for a proper extended edition it's still too early. 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 minutes ago, Omnicore said:

Will this be enough? Seems unlikely but I could be wrong. What were we looking at Endgame finishing at WW without this “re-release” 2.76B? There would still be 28m more to go and a couple minutes of footage in the credits surely wouldn’t add that much.

finish will be 2765-2773

14 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

From PR point of view it would be better for Disney to accept the 2nd place for EG and avoid unnecessary drama

You know I hate to be unwelcoming to new users here, but based on everything you've posted on the forum so far...

Image result for who are you and why are you here

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Do people break down the various runs of Gone with the Wind?? No. The only thing people pay attention to if they even care about box office numbers is the final tally $$$$$$$. 

Endgame is getting another push, will it be enough? probably. It's a win either way for Disney, wait t'il they crank up the promotional machine for Avatar II. It wouldn't surprise me if WETA Digital is giving the original Avatar a visual upgrade with some added scenes for a possible re-release in Jan 2021. 

Disney are in the business of making $$, they will do whatever it takes to stoke the fanbases and get them pumped for new product. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm confused, so that's what it is? I guess that makes more sense, if they were going for a proper extended edition it's still too early. 

we will learn more next week probably

Any "controversy" would be warranted if a)Avatar hadn't done an extended edition WW re-release push and b) EG wasn't capable of beating Avatar's first run WW in its first run on its own. But since neither of those are the case, anyone whining is clearly trolling. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

From PR point of view it would be better for Disney to accept the 2nd place for EG 

tenor.gif?itemid=3983540

• Haha 3

I can see now Disney want the record. It doesn't matter if how much it can make from the extended release but at least now we can have a glance about what is running in the studio executive's mind about that EG's WW record.

If they want , they will make sure they achieve, 20m-25m short is not too much for a big studio to push if they want.

Problem is, if the extra footage is too short and too easy to upload them on the social media plattorm or youtube. everybody include fans will be able to spot what is added easily, making them to pay and gone through another 3 hours become unworthy 

I think it’s great that Disney is going for it. Why leave money on the table? I do think that they wouldn’t have bothered if Endgame had passed Avatar though. While I am certain that Disney never expected to be in the position to top Avatar prior to Endgame’s release, they expected Endgame to break the record after the second weekend - as most of us did. Most people did not expect the movie to slow down as much as it did. Disney is now doing as much as possible to make it happen. The battle between Endgame and Avatar likely will not end even if Endgame passes it. I think they will re-release Avatar when Avatar 2 comes out, so it will have another opportunity. Should be fun!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Problem is, if the extra footage is too short and too easy to upload them on the social media plattorm or youtube. everybody include fans will be able to spot what is added easily, making them to pay and gone through another 3 hours become unworthy 

‘Avengers’ Editors Cut ‘Infinity War’ and ‘Endgame’ From 900 Hours of Footage: ‘Absolutely Hellish’

Is that right? Don't think they would have a shortage of footage.

10 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I think it’s great that Disney is going for it. Why leave money on the table? I do think that they wouldn’t have bothered if Endgame had passed Avatar though. While I am certain that Disney never expected to be in the position to top Avatar prior to Endgame’s release, they expected Endgame to break the record after the second weekend - as most of us did. Most people did not expect the movie to slow down as much as it did. Disney is now doing as much as possible to make it happen. The battle between Endgame and Avatar likely will not end even if Endgame passes it. I think they will re-release Avatar when Avatar 2 comes out, so it will have another opportunity. Should be fun!

I sure as heck didn't. I thought I was being aggressive with thinking 500 china (versus 1B+ china Avatar 2 predictions)

Near absolute best case scenario I was thinking was 300/850/2.5 WW before it came out and even that seemed ludicrous to jump 400M in 1 year. But I had faith of a nice fat bump just like DH2