Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

Recommended Posts

Barely anyone is going to rewatch a three hour movie just so they can get a few bits of extra footage.  This will appeal to hardcore MCU fans and no one else.

  • Like 6
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising. We were expecting this. But they should have done more than just add few bits to the end. additional 10 min footage could have interested few more. But the movie is already so long that they will avoid increasing too much unless they remove some of the existing scenes to add the new ones. For example get rid of initial hawkeye footage.

 

I agree with that one guy its for fans. Anyway at this point its the fans who drive the BO. Question is will it get any PLF screens. Also is it international as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Not surprising. We were expecting this. But they should have done more than just add few bits to the end. additional 10 min footage could have interested few more. But the movie is already so long that they will avoid increasing too much unless they remove some of the existing scenes to add the new ones. For example get rid of initial hawkeye footage.

 

I agree with that one guy its for fans. Anyway at this point its the fans who drive the BO. Question is will it get any PLF screens. Also is it international as well?

we dont know many things yet, we will probably know next week, but it has become that big of a deal, and i  really want to see what will happen

Edited by john2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Don't be expecting anything Earth-shattering in this new version of the film, as the new footage is only about six minutes in length. That six minutes could contain some really important sequences, but it won't be a drastically different cut of the film.

This information comes from the official website for the theater chain Cinemark, which is already selling tickets for the re-release. The listing for the movie has the runtime listed at 188 minutes, six minutes longer than the original.

:Venom:

Edited by raulbalarezo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Don't be expecting anything Earth-shattering in this new version of the film, as the new footage is only about six minutes in length. That six minutes could contain some really important sequences, but it won't be a drastically different cut of the film.

This information comes from the official website for the theater chain Cinemark, which is already selling tickets for the re-release. The listing for the movie has the runtime listed at 188 minutes, six minutes longer than the original.

:Venom:

huh  ? of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Avatar vs. Endgame fight just got a lot more interesting. I think the box office effect of this re-release will be closer to the Fellowship of the Ring + The Two Towers footage release than the Avatar special edition, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

The Avatar vs. Endgame fight just got a lot more interesting. I think the box office effect of this re-release will be closer to the Fellowship of the Ring + The Two Towers footage release than the Avatar special edition, though.

If it rereleases globally.....I think it will do a lot more than 2 million extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this re-release doesn't do the trick, maybe they can make a cut that's just a one minute Endgame recap and the rest is the complete FFH movie.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

If it rereleases globally.....I think it will do a lot more than 2 million extra.

Some guy on Reddit said that his theater in Belgium was talking about getting it back/expanding it and putting into premium formats. This guy may be full of crap, but if not and this applies to other foreign countries, this will be a sizable boost.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, Avatar got one theatrical re-release with an extended cut, so I guess this is only fair.  

 

It's crazy how close this all is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CinePOP of Brazil confirmed that it will be coming to Brazil, so this seems to be fully international as well, barring China I’m sure.

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, what did I say? I said there was no way in hell Disney wasn't pushing this with just $40M to go until the biggest record of all-time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. 

 

On your left, Avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

And, what did I say? I said there was no way in hell Disney wasn't pushing this with just $40M to go until the biggest record of all-time.

 

 

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yep. 

 

On your left, Avatar.

Avatar vs Endgame: No matter who loses, Disney wins...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

3bf2ad98-3791-58f4-9d85-b66cafd0bae5_140

Shades of Donald Duck Orange Juice..which you can get at most grocery stores.

Disney, in the 1930's pioneered the Tie In/Spin Off Mrechandise market. Walt saw there was a lot of money to be  made there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all of the avatar fans crying it wouldn't even be necessary had they not rereleased it for no reason with 8 mins of footage. It's fine still ahead adjusted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big factor is if it's international/how big the expansion is. If it's worldwide a big enough expansion could push it over the top (barely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any ideas what's going to be included in this extended edition? Or where to find out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.