Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

No it wasn't, I believe it was just finished.

Look at mojo, apparently Avatar closed on 12 August, Avatar special edition was released on 27 August. 

Looks like you’re right.  Would love to know what theater that last one was. It was still making really good money all the way up til the end. 

40 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Looks like you’re right.  Would love to know what theater that last one was. It was still making really good money all the way up til the end. 

$10,500 from a weekend for a 9 month old film. Not Bad.

• Like 1

Wow. Clearly a move to pass Avatar lol. And hopefully it works, hahaha. 

• Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

6 minutes?lol GTFO

I hope it's 6 minutes of this again

djwpkzafoo0c9ix5q2md.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I hope its true

WTF would you post Far From Home spoilers in the Endgame thread?

Edited by poweranimals

Posted (edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 8:33 AM, UserHN said:

Someone here just accused Disney of what I would say is a very serious accusation. I would say it's somewhat libelous. Without any tangible proof, no one should be allowed to make that kind of accusation.

And some people say comedy is dead.

——————————

I checked on Fandango to see how Endgame is doing, at AMC 16 in San Francisco (it’s down to 1 screen at our largest multiplex):

Endgame at 6pm Friday: 11 seats reserved

Endgame at 9pm Friday: 11 seats reserved

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

If it’s really 6 minutes of new content there should be a spoiler ban of those 6 minutes tbh

53 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

WTF would you post Far From Home spoilers in the Endgame thread?

Are you sure its FFH. I thought its endgame post credit scene. Anyway removed it. I am sorry about that.

I'm little surprised this didn't have a worse drop on Wednesday. There's little point in seeing it now as opposed to waiting a week and getting extra stuff.

Though I suppose most of the people watching it this week aren't exactly hardcore in-the-loop fans.

Also, there's no way in hell an extra deleted scene and special tribute of whatever is going to generate an extra $40M or $45M or whatever's needed. 

Guaranteed that half the folks who go see it next weekend are going to leave before the end of the credits anyway.

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Also, there's no way in hell an extra deleted scene and special tribute of whatever is going to generate an extra $40M or $45M or whatever's needed. 

Guaranteed that half the folks who go see it next weekend are going to leave before the end of the credits anyway.

Less than $20m extra WW would be needed at the pace it was going before the announcement.  Depends how many extra theaters it gets and how many countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People seem to forget that Endgame was in the path of $2.765-2.773B+ before the re-release. 

The re-release means to me two things:

1. Endgame needs a little push to get the $20m needed to top Avatar, and the fact this will be an effort that will happen in more locations than just the domestic market leads me to think that Endgame will end up getting there, maybe even by the Labor Day Weekend, like @Shawn "prophecized" in the past;
  2. Disney and Marvel Studios want the record, and they are doing this to exactly achieve that. Disney wants, Disney gets.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

People seem to forget that Endgame was in the path of $2.765-2.773B+ before the re-release. 

The re-release means to me two things:

1. Endgame needs a little push to get the $20m needed to top Avatar, and the fact this will be an effort that will happen in more locations than just the domestic market leads me to think that Endgame will end up getting there, maybe even by the Labor Day Weekend, like @Shawn "prophecized" in the past;
  2. Disney and Marvel Studios want the record, and they are doing this to exactly achieve that. Disney wants, Disney gets.

I just don’t get why people talk like Endgame needs $140 million more. It’s just like $43 million away, and as you said, its natural trajectory would have taken it to around $2.770 billion, maybe even a bit higher. That is not even accounting for a potential Far From Home boost. This new version basically needs to get Endgame $15 million, maybe $20 million more than it would have otherwise. Alone, maybe not. But with Spidey as an incentive too? I think it can. Like Shawn said over in the international thread, Disney can also do other things to push it over as well. To all the people saying this is bad timing, do you really think Disney would screw that up? Surely this is calculated to help Far From Home and boost Endgame enough to eventually get it over. Helping one helps the other too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I just don’t get why people talk like Endgame needs $140 million more. It’s just like $43 million away, and as you said, its natural trajectory would have taken it to around $2.770 billion, maybe even a bit higher. That is not even accounting for a potential Far From Home boost. This new version basically needs to get Endgame $15 million, maybe $20 million more than it would have otherwise. Alone, maybe not. But with Spidey as an incentive too? I think it can. Like Shawn said over in the international thread, Disney can also do other things to push it over as well. To all the people saying this is bad timing, do you really think Disney would screw that up? Surely this is calculated to help Far From Home and boost Endgame enough to eventually get it over. Helping one helps the other too.

Just read Shawn’s assessment of the re-release situation and I wholeheartedly agree with what he is saying. I think people are losing perspective on what this is obviously signalizing: Disney wants Endgame to top Avatar’s record. It won’t crush it, so an eventual Avatar re-release will easily get that film back on top when the time comes.

But it makes logical and business sense that they can parade Avengers: Endgame as the biggest film of all time, just so when it’s time to start promoting for Avatar, to have that film re-released and taking the crown once again. 

Edited by ZattMurdock

But will it work is the question. We still (or unless I missed something) don't know how wide this expansion is, both in terms of where and how many theaters it'll be, or how long it'll last for.

It's clear Disney WANTS the record, but now the question is if this is enough to push it over the top.