Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

23 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

342jnp.jpg

Seriously, I’ve still never seen Avatar, don’t give a shit about it, don’t care whether or not it’s the biggest movie of all time, and wish Cameron made more movies like Aliens or Terminator again, but all this stuff about nobody remembering it is bull. Of course people remember it. Whether they care about it enough to want another one is up for debate, yes, but it’s not like they’ve forgotten that it exists.

I actually respect Avatar, their fans and most of all James Cameron, I agree that Avatar 2 will be huge and Disney will do everything in its power to Avatar 2 to be absolutely huge. With that said, I agree that Avatar 2 is unlikely to go for something absolutely nuts like over $2B, and maybe that’s not even the point. If Avatar 2 is good, good will will be generated for the next sequels, and maybe those will make the trick. 

I honestly think that either Avengers 5 or Star Wars X will be the ones actually defying the highest grossing worldwide when the time comes, Avatar and Endgame will be untouchable for a good while, and I don’t see Avatar 2 as the one defying either A1 or AEW.

35 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

avatar... Won’t even gross half of Endgame.

correct mood GIF

Any weekend trade projections for Endgame box office yet?

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

correct mood GIF

Any weekend trade projections for Endgame box office yet?

$522k Friday, it should get around $2m give it or take. Likely topping Avatar’s first run record after the end of weekend.

8 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I actually respect Avatar, their fans and most of all James Cameron, I agree that Avatar 2 will be huge and Disney will do everything in its power to Avatar 2 to be absolutely huge. With that said, I agree that Avatar 2 is unlikely to go for something absolutely nuts like over $2B, and maybe that’s not even the point. If Avatar 2 is good, good will will be generated for the next sequels, and maybe those will make the trick. 

I honestly think that either Avengers 5 or Star Wars X will be the ones actually defying the highest grossing worldwide when the time comes, Avatar and Endgame will be untouchable for a good while, and I don’t see Avatar 2 as the one defying either A1 or AEW.

I agree with this sentiment, even if I might disagree with your predictions. I’ve always said I’d be happier that Avatar 2 is a masterful, uncompromised movie, as long as it’s profitable, than it chases BO records. If JC wants to take back the WW #1 from Endgame he already had cards in his hand to play at any time. To its credit, Endgame has shown what sequels are capable of at the BO if they use the goodwill and anticipation generated by previous movies, even if the movie itself isn’t as masterful as its predecessor(s). Return of the King was similar... the worst  of the 3 but satisfying enough as a conclusion to become the highest grossing of the 3.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't think you are gettting it. This won't be just domestic, and it won't be just for one weekend. They want the record, and an worldwide push -even without China - will be enough to get there, even if by Labor Day weekend. 

i don't expect Endgame to keep many theaters after the 4th of July weekend, so they have 2 weeks to narrow the gap to 10m to make the play for the record

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i don't expect Endgame to keep many theaters after the 4th of July weekend, so they have 2 weeks to narrow the gap to 10m to make the play for the record

Endgame will have enough theaters to achieve it during July. Without the re-release, it'd go for around $850m dom. With the push, especially right now, it should add another $10-15m dom. What I think:

$860m Dom, $1930B OS, $2.79B WW.

Do we have any details on the re-release? Like how many extra theaters is it getting? I'm hoping it comes back to a couple around me at least which it actually just disappeared this week.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Do we have any details on the re-release? Like how many extra theaters is it getting? I'm hoping it comes back to a couple around me at least which it actually just disappeared this week.

It doesn’t make sense for them to make any push this weekend, with the film still playing in some theaters and having Toy Store 4 released. I expect them to start a marketing blitz next Monday, since we’ve pretty much confirmed that this won’t be isolated to the domestic market.

As for theater counts: with everything flopping this hard, I expect Dark Phoenix to keep that trend next weekend. It’d be crazy if the "I love you 3000" means that it’s coming back for 3000 theaters domestic tho. So far, only Cinemark had that new poster updated to their website.

Edited by ZattMurdock

:whosad:

It appears nobody has any self control. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

They should try to expand overseas instead perhaps Latin-America. I Hope they get it done

Edited by Geo1500

2 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

They should try to expand overseas instead perhaps Latin-America

It’s reportedly going worldwide. We will probably start hearing the marketing this week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, ZattMurdock said:

I honestly think that either Avengers 5 or Star Wars X will be the ones actually defying the highest grossing worldwide when the time comes

Few things in box office are set in stone, but I think I can say with near 99.99% certainty, a "Star Wars" film will never ever claim the "title" of the highest grossing film worldwide ever again.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

for what countrie is this ?

On 6/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, DeeCee said:

:whosad:

It appears nobody has any self control. 

No offence but this happens when Mods seem unwilling to punish in any sort of way people who do this. This has been going on long enough now that people should already have faced action and be wary, but due to hardly any action by the mods, people feel free to do this again and again. Like whats going on in the last few posts. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, john2000 said:

for what countrie is this ?

UK & Ireland