Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers | Review Reactions on page 540

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Worldwide target: $38.4m away before the A:E expansion

It will probably be at $36m before the expansion / re-release. Exciting times, curious for the actuals today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

It will probably be at $36m before the expansion / re-release. Exciting times, curious for the actuals today.

will they release a tv spot or something ? to announce it ? plus the sales are today

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

will they release a tv spot or something ? to announce it ? plus the sales are today

Probably.

Related news:

25 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

The kind of misogynistic buzz words surrounding Star Wars lately isn't something that BOT keeps a close eye on, but it's something that I'm not afraid of calling out on it when I see it.

Star Wars new films are both critically and public acclaimed blockbuster films, and unlike the prequels, it's aiming both at nostalgia and building a brand new fanbase of Star Wars fans. It has been a slam dunk so far. Everything else is noise.

Last I checked this is not the SW thread. If you see something objectionable then report it or take it to its appropriate thread. No matter what you think but you are not helping matters by derailing the thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Last I checked this is not the SW thread. If you see something objectionable then report it or take it to its appropriate thread. No matter what you think but you are not helping matters by derailing the thread. 

I apologise for that, I will have this in mind and take it to the franchise wars threads next time something like this happens. I really dislike that thread since it's an wasteland, but I get what you're saying.

It’s just a matter of time before Uglydolls debate appears in this thread.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Truly impressive hold for Endgame overseas. It was once again understimated, this time by $1.1m:

yeah excluding the re release ww, it will be around 2755 by next weekend

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

yeah excluding the re release ww, it will be around 2755 by next weekend

Hmm, I don't think so, more like $2.753B, regardless, it definitely bodes well for the rest of Endgame's run.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hmm, I don't think so, more like $2.753B, regardless, it definitely bodes well for the rest of Endgame's run.

as of now however it hasnt dropped 50% week to week,, from the previous monday to this sunday endgame added 8 million, and it hasnt dropped even close to 50% so to add 4-5 million this seven day, without the push its not that hard

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

as of now however it hasnt dropped 50% week to week,, from the previous monday to this sunday endgame added 8 million, and it hasnt dropped even close to 50% so to add 4-5 million this seven day, without the push its not that hard

Wait, you said next weekend? Well it might go over that. I thought you meant weekdays until the re-release, my bad. Yeah it will be past $2.755B WW after next Sunday.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Wait, you said next weekend? Well it might go over that. I thought you meant weekdays until the re-release, my bad. Yeah it will be past $2.755B WW after next Sunday.

yeah i meant without the re release till sunday, also it seems that sales will start tommorrow, so we will probably have an announcement tommorrow , which makes sense honestly as today was lion king day

Edited by john2000

15 minutes ago, Claudio said:

It’s just a matter of time before Uglydolls debate appears in this thread.

Until a spat about The Nut Job breaks out the thread can't claim to be totally complete.

4 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Worldwide target: $38.4m away before the A:E expansion

4 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Revising my projection in the light of the updated numbers:

It will probably be at $35-34m before the expansion / re-release.

• Like 1

Domestic:    $834,596,815

Foreign:    $1,916,163,533

Worldwide: $2,750,760,348

• Astonished 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Until a spat about The Nut Job breaks out the thread can't claim to be totally complete.

You misspelled Free Birds. (The live watch of that movie is perhaps my favorite BOT numbers thread digression of all time.)

Edited by TServo2049

Endgame made 3.5M worldwide this weekend, and needs about another 37.2M to pass Avatar's worldwide record. In order to do that, it will need ~11.7 multiplier off this weekend's worldwide gross to hit that mark. How feasible is this, even with a re-release/expansion this coming weekend?

I suppose it depends on the details of the re-release/expansion. How many theatres will it be expanding to? Will theatres be playing a single showtime a day, kind of thing, or more than that? How substantive will the re-release be in other countries? And for how long will the expansion in theatres last - for the one week, or will it retain the larger theatre count for longer than that? This is an unusual re-release in that it is happening as the film is still in theatres for its original run.

This could be interesting to follow, in terms of potentially passing the worldwide record held by Avatar, but I'm not sure yet, as it seems much is unknown about what this re-release/expansion entails.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Endgame made 3.5M worldwide this weekend, and needs about another 37.2M to pass Avatar's worldwide record. In order to do that, it will need ~11.7 multiplier off this weekend's worldwide gross to hit that mark. How feasible is this, even with a re-release/expansion this coming weekend?

I suppose it depends on the details of the re-release/expansion. How many theatres will it be expanding to? Will theatres be playing a single showtime a day, kind of thing, or more than that? How substantive will the re-release be in other countries? And for how long will the expansion in theatres last - for the one week, or will it retain the larger theatre count for longer than that? This is an unusual re-release in that it is happening as the film is still in theatres for its original run.

This could be interesting to follow, in terms of potentially passing the worldwide record held by Avatar, but I'm not sure yet, as it seems much is unknown about what this re-release/expansion entails.

Peace,

Mike

3.5M WW this weekend?