Derby Summer League: Signups due by 4/22/19 Read more... ×

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 *** No Endgame Spoilers

2 hours ago, Gamora said:

it looks like there's a hard time for exactly when they're allowed to start showing

I think, excluding China, its synchronised.... depends on time zone and daylight saving time

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

my personal theory - it was a film ratings board screening as they're all seeing the film this week to get age ratings in. I remember for BvS there were a couple of Middle Eastern YouTubers who went into one and then leaked images of Superman's death/Doomsday etc

That is what I think since the first post it mentioned it, too.

I'd not give them any movie earlier than 2 weeks into the run till they learn the etiquettes, better said, take those earnestly

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Not here :) . With 3/4/5/6 minutes of leak is impossible to say 

Nvm.

Edited by UserHN

10 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I think, excluding China, its synchronised.... depends on time zone and daylight saving time

What time are they getting it, earlier or later? I don't want to google in case I get spoiled but I'm curious. I'll go into internet lockdown starting Tuesday anyway so if it's earlier than here it won't affect me, but it would be good to know.

36 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

If a billionaire leaked it then it's only fair that he pays $500M in penalties which should go towards AEG's BO thereby pushing it over Avatar

That's lame. The billionaire should be forced to pay $2.7B 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gamora said:

What time are they getting it, earlier or later? I don't want to google in case I get spoiled but I'm curious. I'll go into internet lockdown starting Tuesday anyway so if it's earlier than here it won't affect me, but it would be good to know.

I'd think Australia/NZ is getting it first on 24th. Idk when the first China screenings are midnight then they're first.

Annoyingly, as I'm sure most people here know, it's not a synchronised day and date globally - which they should have done at least something around even as a one off event, like Matrix Revolutions. Disney's going for which opening day works best for which country - so Wednesday for Asia and NZ and parts of Europe, Thursday for UK and Western Europe, Friday (Thurs night) for the Americas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

I think 3 hours or so earlier as the others

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

I'd think Australia/NZ is getting it first on 24th. Idk when the first China screenings are midnight then they're first.

Annoyingly, as I'm sure most people here know, it's not a synchronised day and date globally - which they should have done at least something around even as a one off event, like Matrix Revolutions. Disney's going for which opening day works best for which country - so Wednesday for Asia and NZ and parts of Europe, Thursday for UK and Western Europe, Friday (Thurs night) for the Americas.

Me - CET - gets it at 23:59 ..... of the 23 April, summer time.

Problem seems to be, how countries handle summer time / daylight saving time (not sure, only read some sniding comments about some ppl governments about that), and at which date it starts or.....

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I haven’t opened this. Do you want a thread ban?

It’s harmless.  

My whole kitchen was flooding so I'm glad I finally saw the leak in the pipes. 😜

• Thanks 1

Is anyone excited for Young Avengers after Endgame? 

According to variety Kate Bishop is coming. Cassie Lang is already here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

China screening is at midnight 24th gmt +7 i think, it's world first.

Okay, so going by that and converting everything to GMT+1 (London):

Tuesday

LA World Premiere end - 05/06:00

China - 17:00

London Press Screening - 19:00

Embargo Lift - 23:00

New Zealand/Australia - from 23:00

Germany/France - 23:00

Wednesday

UK - 23:59

and so on...

So basically, China indeed gets it first, while the rest that are opening 24th are timed to the review embargo lift.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Tuesday

New Zealand - from 23:00

Wednesday

Australia - from 01:00

and so on...

So basically, China indeed gets it first, while the rest that are opening 24th are timed to the review embargo lift.

Australia gets it 23:00 as well, 8AM in the east coast

2 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Tuesday

Wednesday

and so on...

This is going to be very messy situation. 

We will get the reactions from China before review embargo drops. 

Americans are in very tough spot this time. Spoilers are already making rounds the internet.

This strategy of no spoilers marketing has failed big time. 

I didn't know any Infinity war spoiler before premiere. I know many for Endgame 10 days before release. 

• Not Cool 1

7 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Tuesday

Wednesday

and so on...

18.00 in Italy 😁

11 minutes ago, Skwunk said:

Australia gets it 23:00 as well, 8AM in the east coast

oh okay, thought the first screening allowed in AUS/NZ was 10am? So they're adjusting them to the embargo drop, thx

@fabiopazzo2 is that press screening in Italy or public? Google tells me Italy gets it 23:00 as well (midnight CET)

Also this makes me wonder if the leak might get Disney to do some one night only fan screenings later this week. I know some UK cinemas have already started receiving it and arguably this would fix things for most of those who care most about the spoilers. Sure more will undoubtedly come out after those screenings but at least people would get chance to see it for themselves .

Edited by antovolk

12 minutes ago, antovolk said:

oh okay, thought the first screening allowed in AUS/NZ was 10am? So they're adjusting them to the embargo drop, thx

@fabiopazzo2 is that press screening in Italy or public? Google tells me Italy gets it 23:00 as well (midnight CET)

Also this makes me wonder if the leak might get Disney to do some one night only fan screenings later this week. I know some UK cinemas have already started receiving it and arguably this would fix things for most of those who care most about the spoilers. Sure more will undoubtedly come out after those screenings but at least people would get chance to see it for themselves .

Press. 

23.00 for the public 

• Thanks 1

Well I was planning on abandoning Internet on Monday when the premiere was scheduled. But it looks like I’m gonna have to go dark right now. 

No Reddit and Twitter from now on. Although I may just ban the keywords on twitter and surf that way. 

Facebook/Instagram are OK for me as My friends/family are not into SH movies and wont spoil. But no reading comments or watching random videos anymore. 

For youtube, I tried looking for ways to block videos with certain keywords but its not possible on mobile (there are addons for desktop though). So from now on I am going to stick to videos from my subscribed channels only. No comment browsing whatsoever. 

I wish I could abandon this forum completely till I see the movie but I dont think I can. I dont wanna miss the buildup to the most hyped movie ever and the early numbers from OS and the unmatched presales run. So I am gonna run several pages/hours behind as someone suggested so that any spoilers would have been deleted by then. 

Mods is it possible to auto block everyone except a few people? 😝 @DeeCee

Maybe getting a few temp mods just for spoiler control until release might be a good idea. 

Finally gonna get on with reading as Talismanring plans to do. I have not read Origins by Dan Brown. Have been meaning to for a long time but seems like the time is now. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Is anyone excited for Young Avengers after Endgame? 

According to variety Kate Bishop is coming. Cassie Lang is already here. 

Source link? 

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. I'm actually a bit skeptical of introducing Young Avengers and teen heroes. The thing is that actors don't stay teenaged forever and unlike the comics, the serialized nature of these movies become an issue when it comes to aging over time. If they introduce Young Avengers now then they'll all be adults by the time they start introducing X-Men and F4 and that'll be kinda weird.

This issue doesn't apply to Peter Parker because being a teenager is not the core part of the character's identity.

In any case, the fact that Katherine Langford is a cast member in this movie leads me to suspect that she might be Kate Bishop

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Well I was planning on abandoning Internet on Monday when the premiere was scheduled. But it looks like I’m gonna have to go dark right now. 

No Reddit and Twitter from now on. Although I may just ban the keywords on twitter and surf that way. 

Facebook/Instagram are OK for me as My friends/family are not into SH movies and wont spoil. But no reading comments or watching random videos anymore. 

For youtube, I tried looking for ways to block videos with certain keywords but its not possible on mobile (there are addons for desktop though). So from now on I am going to stick to videos from my subscribed channels only. No comment browsing whatsoever. 

I wish I could abandon this forum completely till I see the movie but I dont think I can. I dont wanna miss the buildup to the most hyped movie ever and the early numbers from OS and the unmatched presales run. So I am gonna run several pages/hours behind as someone suggested so that any spoilers would have been deleted by then. 

Mods is it possible to auto block everyone except a few people? 😝 @DeeCee

Maybe getting a few temp mods just for spoiler control until release might be a good idea. 

Finally gonna get on with reading as Talismanring plans to do. I have not read Origins by Dan Brown. Have been meaning to for a long time but seems like the time is now. 

Careful on YouTube. Even if you only watch videos from trusted channels, a thumbnail in the recommended column could contain huge spoilers.