Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

RT said that was bug , that were wrongly counting the Want To See votes , if you believe them

They ALWAYS counted the WTS votes and rolled them into the Audience rating before.  It wasn't a bug it was a feature.

Then after it opened they purged a bunch again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I don’t really care, I questioned what seemed like an overreacted premature opinion.

The forums is mostly overreaction right now, of course it’s going to drive the people who aren’t on the MCU train to be more jaded and skeptical about the overhype.

Seeing your many responses and your reactions it seems like you do care. You know recently someone posted Joker is one of the most hyped movie ever. If I wanted I could have responded, with actual data, none of this subjective nonsense, on how thats nowhere close to being a truth. But I didnt care and moved on. What you are doing is different. 

And last I checked this is a BOX OFFICE forum. A movie is obliterating box office records. So yeah people are going to over react. What do you want them to do? Solemnly discuss how lightning in that one scene was wacky? There are forums and sub reddits out there dedicated to discussing these things filled with people who sneer at others opinion. This forum aint it. So if it is too much that people are celebrating box office achievement on a box office forumand if u find that annoying then perhaps take a break for a few days. Let the hype die down. Come back for Pika

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

10 Favorites (not sure if I’d feel comfortable saying they’re the Best definitively or anything)

Before Sunrise

Casablanca

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Grapes of Wrath

Lawrence of Arabia

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Once Upon a Time in the West

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Schindler’s List

The Wizard of Oz

Come at me

Looks like 10 films off of a random IMDB list. 

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Seeing your many responses and your reactions it seems like you do care. You know recently someone posted Joker is one of the most hyped movie ever. If I wanted I could have responded, with actual data, none of this subjective nonsense, on how thats nowhere close to being a truth. But I didnt care and moved on. What you are doing is different. 

And last I checked this is a BOX OFFICE forum. A movie is obliterating box office records. So yeah people are going to over react. What do you want them to do? Solemnly discuss how lightning in that one scene was wacky? There are forums and aub reddits out there dedicated to discussing these things filled with people who think who sneer at others opinion. This forum aint it. So if it is too much that people are celebrating box office achievement on a box office forumand if u find that annoying then perhaps take a break for a few days. Let the hype die down. Come back for Pika

It’s also a forum to discuss movies.  I fail to see how me and other users being voiced on the counter end of the spectrum is so bad?

There’s nothing we’ve been doing here that isn’t par of course of how discourse has worked on these forums in the past.  People have always challenged others when they make bold claims like “BEST MOVIE EVER”

And people have also moved on.

Im not trying to claim any moral high ground, but this forum isn’t an echo chamber.  I haven’t told anyone to conform to my opinion, but I’m allowed to offer dissent and everyone else is free to ignore my dissent and cheer.

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Looks like 10 films off of a random IMDB list. 

It’s almost like those random IMDb lists are people’s opinions and you could find one with nearly any movie you wanted on it.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It’s also a forum to discuss movies.  I fail to see how me and other users being voiced on the counter end of the spectrum is so bad?

There’s nothing we’ve been doing here that isn’t par of course of how discourse has worked on these forums in the past.  People have always challenged others when they make bold claims like “BEST MOVIE EVER”

And people have also moved on.

Im not trying to claim any moral high ground, but this forum isn’t an echo chamber.  I haven’t told anyone to conform to my opinion, but I’m allowed to offer dissent and everyone else is free to ignore my dissent and cheer.

You’re jumping all over the place now. I never said that you or others cannot discuss movies, that you cannot hold the opinion that a certain movie sucks. That is not bad and no one is saying that it is. 

What is bad and wrong is mocking and condescending to other people on how wrong their opinion on a subjective thing is. 

So go ahead provide the counter end of the spectrum. And if anyone gives you grief over your opinion then that person is wrong. You just dont realize that you are that person. 

24 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It’s almost like those random IMDb lists are people’s opinions and you could find one with nearly any movie you wanted on it.

Oh so now people’s opinions are valid because they conform to your own. But peoples opinions turn to shit when they are opposite yours right?

I am done with this convo. I am not the kind of person to look down on others opinions and enjoyment of things or to get annoyed by peoples excitement. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Skwunk said:

If people are talking about favourite films, I have been keeping a list on letterboxd of my favourite films, and having seen the film about 3 days ago now, I've got it at #14.

https://letterboxd.com/skwunk/list/my-favourite-films/

Great list! Has a little of everything, I think the best movie of all time, is the one you like the most

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, octopez said:

Great list! Has a little of everything, I think the best movie of all time, is the one you like the most

Thanks! I think I just love movies in general and have a fairly broad taste. It is a little modern heavy, and most of my watchlist is stuff from the 50s and 60s that I've never gotten around to watching, like over 50% of the films I've watched are from this century. But I guess that's natural considering I was born this century.

Edited by Skwunk

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

You’re jumping all over the place now. I never said that you or others cannot discuss movies, that you cannot hold the opinion that a certain movie sucks. That is not bad and no one is saying that it is. 

What is bad and wrong is mocking and condescending to other people on how wrong their opinion on a subjective thing is.

So how was I any more mocking than saying you feel sorry for how narrowminded somebody must be for something they said about comic book movies? 

So go ahead provide the counter end of the spectrum. And if anyone gives you grief over your opinion then that person is wrong. You just dont realize that you are that person. 

And you’re not attempting to give me grief right now? (Granted I don’t really view this as grief, ere your grievances, whatever)

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Oh so now people’s opinions are valid because they conform to your own. But peoples opinions turn to shit when they are opposite yours right?

I am done with this convo. I am not the kind of person to look down on others opinions and enjoyment of things or to get annoyed by peoples excitement. 

Completely took that quote out of context.  Venom was trying to make a tacky comment that apparently the ten movies I posted weren’t my own opinion.

I never said somebody’s opinions should conform to mine or they’re bad opinions.

Im not even looking down on anyone, maybe it came across that way because it’s the internet and anything can set somebody off.  My comment was more out of confusion, not intended to be snide.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

And you’re not attempting to give me grief right now? (Granted I don’t really view this as grief, ere your grievances, whatever)

Completely took that quote out of context.  Venom was trying to make a tacky comment that apparently the ten movies I posted weren’t my own opinion.

I never said somebody’s opinions should conform to mine or they’re bad opinions.

Im not even looking down on anyone, maybe it came across that way because it’s the internet and anything can set somebody off.  My comment was more out of confusion, not intended to be snide.

Lol yes I am giving you grief because unlike you I never said I didnt care 

Look you are an old and good poster here on BOT but yes your comments did come across as snide and condescending at least to me and I am sure to others who have responded. I mean people mock movies like JL or others here all the time so this is not some new or breaking deal. But yeah your comments did come across in a wrong manner which is why some people did not like it. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol yes I am giving you grief because unlike I never said I didnt care 

Look you are an old and good poster here on BOT but yes your comments did come across as snide and condescending at least to me and I am sure to others who have responded. I mean people mock movies like JL or others here all the time so this is not some new or breaking deal. But yeah your comments did come across in a wrong manner which is why some people did not like it. 

My meaning isn’t to mock people, so I’ll apologize if my comments came across that way.

I don’t think that’d be a poster like That One Guy’s intention either.  I think at some point, especially if you aren’t big into the Comic Book stuff (or really Disney stuff in my case rn), you get exhausted of seeing hyperbole all over the place and lash out a little bit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

My meaning isn’t to mock people, so I’ll apologize if my comments came across that way.

I don’t think that’d be a poster like That One Guy’s intention either.  I think at some point, especially if you aren’t big into the Comic Book stuff (or really Disney stuff in my case rn), you get exhausted of seeing hyperbole all over the place and lash out a little bit.

Oh I know how that feels. But at such times I just take a step back, stay low and wait till the chatter dies down. Of course with Endgame that might take longer than usual. But I am sure you will survive seeing that Pikachu is coming in 2 weeks 😜

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Kind of odd End Game only has 8k fan reviews on RT on opening day when Captain Marvel already had 40k

CM was review bombed by haters. Just look at the audience score, only 56% whereas its Cinemascore is 'A'.

10 minutes ago, UserHN said:

CM was review bombed by haters. Just look at the audience score, only 56% whereas its Cinemascore is 'A'.

So what? Transformers: Dark Of The Moon got an 'A' Cinemascore with 55% RT audience score. Care to explain that?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So what? Transformers: Dark Of The Moon got an 'A' Cinemascore with 55% RT audience score. Care to explain that?

Maybe b/c it was a bad movie as indicated by it's 35% critic review score.

Taste aside, it didn't not have a immensely disproportionate number of votes headed by a very public hate campaign of butthurt manbabies

To pretend there's some other reason is monumentally disingenuous

• Like 3
  • Not Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

What's there to explain? That means the audience loved Dark of the Moon. Just look at how leggy that film was, 3.6x multi. That also means that the RT score of that movie can't be trusted.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Endgame back at 97% on RT with 386 reviews!!

Edit: I refreshed it and now again it's on 96%. 

Edited by Surajjj

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Oh I know how that feels. But at such times I just take a step back, stay low and wait till the chatter dies down. Of course with Endgame that might take longer than usual. 

*raises hand slowly and cautiously*

:)

====

I'm, mostly, sitting back and letting the stans exult in the historic performance of their fav movie (there's a reason why I haven't been parked in the WE thread, after all, just making the occasional comment). 

And why wouldn't I?  They're feeling incredible joy at an historic performance.  Why on earth would I want to piss in their cheerios at such a time? Even accidentally?

Sure I'm seeing more than one comment that is making my eyes roll out of the back of my head (and I won't even dare to hint what I'm looking askance at so don't try to guess ;)).  But for the most part I'm keeping shtum.

Partially coz I don't want to give the appearance of sour grapes.  Mostly though, time and place.  There's a time and place to engage posts that I find... irksome, and now isn't it. :)

So, yeah, I feel what TOG and Panda where saying.  But I also feel what everyone else is saying too.  Like, let people celebrate a little (or a lot ;)).  There'll be plenty of time to debate EG to our hearts content.

BOT's not going anywhere, after all. :)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What's there to explain? That means the audience loved Dark of the Moon. Just look at how leggy that film was, 3.6x multi. That also means that the RT score of that movie can't be trusted.

it opened on Tuesday , multiplier is fubar