Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

39 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

So what? Transformers: Dark Of The Moon got an 'A' Cinemascore with 55% RT audience score. Care to explain that?

Aren't you tired to be an ASSHOLE on every big tentpole movie thread? From Star Wars to the MCU. Always just bad news collected from everywhere or just just commenting on a very negative way (trolling). You suck the joy of out everything.

If you don't like these movies, fine!!! You have plenty of other threads you might like and thrive on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know how anyone can claim CM's RT aud score wasn't review bombed to shit. RT has become almost as bad as Metacritic.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I don't know how anyone can claim CM's RT aud score wasn't review bombed to shit.

According to some youtubers, Brie Larson is mean, hates the Avengers cast and the Avengers cast hate her guts too.

Posted (edited)

Makes Infinity War seem like Thor 2 (exaggeration but it was that much better for me) Infinitely better than the rest. On a personal satisfaction level of Shawshank Redemption for me. Ive seen zero films 3 times in theaters. This one going at least 5

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

People gave standing ovation to this movie, I haven't seen anything like this in my lifetime. Now having watched this movie 3 times, I can say yaa this movie is really the greatest CBM if you have watched all 21 previous marvel movie.

Russos and the writer deserves so much accolades for this, Infinity war was action packed, so in endgame they went for the characters we love, 

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 4:42 PM, Water Bottle said:

Black Panther

How can you criticize Black Panther? It's such a culturally relevant film that didn't just provide a black superhero in a leading role but that portrayed a technologically advanced, secure African society in Wakanda. What this movie means to so many people and at the time it came out...it's easy I think to overlook that as a film, Black Panther is mid-tier Marvel. I'm not a fan that T'Challa does nothing to get back the Black Panther powers after losing his fight to Killmonger. It's just handed back to him after he's saved. I'm not a fan that this advanced society somehow decides it's monarchs by combat battles. I also think the final third act battle between Kilmonger's forces and those loyal to T'Challa comes across as a cheap skirmish that would fit on a TV show. Then again the MCU is really bad (outside of TFA) at portraying large-scale battles. My least favorite part about Black Panther? He doesn't have much of a character arc. As a cultural landmark, Black Panther is untouchable. As a movie, it's good but not great.

Thanos villain takes:

DetailedJitteryHornshark-size_restricted

Klaue

The one man who stole from Wakanda....turns out that he had an inside man (the uncle to the king) which let him in. Then in this movie, he gets captured before being betrayed by the son of his inside man. He's a pawn and while Andy Serkis has fun with the role, I think he did a better job in Age of Ultron. As for Thanos? He doesn't really think much of just another arms sellers. There's nothing that really makes him stand out as more than that.

giphy.gif

Killmonger

Considered by many to be the best MCU villain (at least before Thanos), he has an interesting vision in that he plans to arm his people across the world so that they could take down oppressive regimes. Michael B. Jordan is very charismatic and is a great actor so that also helps a lot along with one of the best lines in the MCU (the one about how it's better to die than live in bondage). As for Thanos? He likes that the man has a strong vision and the drive to get what he wants done. He's literally prepared his whole life to get what he wants. He's focused, a strong warrior, if not always a good leader. In the end, Thanos would be willing to deal with Killmonger, maybe even use him, but he would likely leave him alone. Thanos only concerns himself with whose in charge when he takes over a world. 

Next up is Infinity War. I don't know why but Thanos is very much looking forward to that movie.

I'm sorry, I know I'm late replying to this (after that spoiler was dropped, I had to exit this thread until I saw Endgame) but I disagree with much of that first paragraph, particularly about BP not having a character arc. A prince who starts out revering his father, not wanting to be without him, later discovering that said father is not the man he revered and subsequently rejecting past thinking and traditions in becoming his own man, a better king and leader sounds like a big character arc to me, one of the best in the MCU, I'd say. 

As for Endgame, I need to see it again but right now I think it's safe to say it's the MCU's greatest accomplishment thus far. I don't always agree with the Russos or the writing choices and there are some things I take issue with in Endgame. But they deserve all the praise for the way they've been able to marry and balance so many moving parts, producing two of the best blockbusters ever. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

Avengers Endgame: Countdowns

Pass Avengers Infinity War Domestic to $678,815482-$462,115,483

Pass Avatar Domestic to $760,507,621-$603,807,621

Pass Avatar in South Korea Admissions 13,624,328-8,938,507

Pass $500M in China(First Hollywood movie)- $199,700,000

Pass Titanic WorldWide 2,187,463,945-$1,543,763,945

Pass 80M USD in Brazil-$67.5M

Pass 100M in Local Currency Australia- AUD 71.92M  

Pass 100M GBP in UK-£79M

Holy shit, it absolutely destroyed the OD record!!!!!!!!!!!!$156.7M OD, EG with that number would be 17th biggest OW ever. Let that sink in, 17th biggest OW after just 1 day. $96.7M proper Friday, which is roughly $30M more than the previous record holder AIW. China continues to the phenomenal performance of EG, $300M+ in 4 days!!! EG will become only movie with 2 territories over $300M. SK just set biggest OD ever in gross and admissions on Saturday with nearly 1.5M admissions. Phenomenal performance so far!!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Finnick said:

Aren't you tired to be an ASSHOLE on every big tentpole movie thread? From Star Wars to the MCU. Always just bad news collected from everywhere or just just commenting on a very negative way (trolling). You suck the joy of out everything.

If you don't like these movies, fine!!! You have plenty of other threads you might like and thrive on.

Being a critical is not being an A-hole, chill out. I think End Game is the best Avengers movie and they got more right than wrong this time, i was very impressed until third act divulged into typical blockbuster, but they stuck the landing mostly 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Being a critical is not being an A-hole, chill out. I think End Game is the best Avengers movie and they got more right than wrong this time, i was very impressed until third act divulged into typical blockbuster, but they stuck the landing mostly 

Wow interesting so did you like the first and 2nd act more than the 3rd? 

Edited by cdsacken

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Both.

Is Endgame your favourite film ever?

This is better than Endgame. And dethroned Iron Man as my 2nd favorite MCU film.

2 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

This is better than Endgame. And dethroned Iron Man as my 2nd favorite MCU film.

Uh, Endgame is better than Endgame?

Who else has been listening to Alan Silvestri's score, specifically Track 28? 😉

• Like 1