Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

12 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I’m not a sith, so I never deal in absolutes.

However, with that said....

This OW record will never be beat. We won’t see anything like this again (at least not in our lifetime).

Hmmm. But wouldn't it "just" take a movie of likewise high quality and demand/anticipation but with a shorter running time (e.g. two hours)? I agree that at the moment, there doesn't seem to be anything like his to be seen on the horizon (maybe, just maybe Avatar 2/3 or in a few years a new SW-trilogy), but I wouldn't rule it completely out. Then again, I'm already 52, so there you go. ;o)

You guys all realize that the "quiz" is basically just a sorting algorithm? Why are you surprised about it's accuracy? :thinking:

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

D5VAgkQXkAANy8T.jpg

Without question, MIT students pull off the best pranks ever.

5 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

You guys all realize that the "quiz" is basically just a sorting algorithm? Why are you surprised about it's accuracy? :thinking:

Because those sorts of things are often pretty terrible at the actual sorting. Usually its because they were designed by a BuzzFeed intern in like 5 minutes during a lunch break.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, while I’m not going to treat it as the authority on the order (since it changes if I do it a second time, as I rethink things slightly), it’s still roughly accurate about which ones I’d most likely rewatch. (Though, full disclosure: I haven’t actually sat down to rewatch an MCU movie outside of theaters since GOTG2 was on pay per view, and I haven’t watched the first four Phase 1 films since I was playing catch-up while TA1 was still in theaters. I’ve seen bits of the odd MCU film on TVs I’ve been near, I caught snippets of CA:CW without sound on the back of someone else’s seat on a flight to Australia last December, but generally after they leave theaters I’m just too damn lazy to go back and watch them again. These movies are best enjoyed in a theater with an appreciative audience - I wish I could have done one of those marathons, but work and sleep are more important.)

Top 5 always includes some order of TA1,GOTG1,EG,IW and CA:TFA; next 5 usually includes CA:TWS,GOTG2,T:R,IM1 and IM3. Then it gets fuzzier at the bottom half, it’s some ordering of IM2/Thor/TDW/AM1/AOU/CA:CW/DS/SMH/BP/AMATW/CM, but I don’t really feel comfortable enough to say “that order for the bottom 11 looks correct” since there are ones I only saw once in the theater or once at home and just never sat down to rewatch again. All I know is that every time TIH is at the bottom (I can’t remember if I even saw the last act of that, I fell asleep watching it on DVD. I remember the Tony scene and the post-credit, but I have never gone back and actually watched the Abomination fight which I slept through).

Someday I just have to go back and actually rewatch all of these.

Edited by TServo2049

my results are pretty accurate. Though I'd probably switch Civil War and Winter Soldier

1. Endgame

2. Infinity War

3. The Avengers

4. Civil War

5. GOTG 2

6. Ultron

7.  Winter Soldier

8. Iron Man

9. Thor Ragnarok

10. Captain America: TFA

11. Ant-Man

12. GOTG

13. Homecoming

14. Ant Man and the Wasp

15. Black Panther

16. Thor

17. Thor: The Dark World

18. Iron Man 2

19. Captain Marvel

20. Doctor Strange

21. Iron Man 3

22. The Incredible Hulk

The Cinematography in this movie is the best in MCU's history, particularly that 1 scene which I won't talk about :P

2 hours ago, Inuyaki said:

I might have not realized that... :slaphead:In my defense I didn't sleep last night lol.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nice but their "adjusted" numbers make my head hurt.

Bayesian statistics....  10 reviews @90% > 2 reviews @100%.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Bayesian statistics....  10 reviews @90% > 2 reviews @100%.

It's a system that merits quantity over quality which doesn't make any sense in a ranking of Best.

Regardless, though I see how that quantity over quality moves WW over Logan - because it has more reviews even if the avg and % is lower how does AEG rank over BP with 4 more rottens, 50 fewer reviews even if the avg is 8.3 v 8.26?

Edited by TalismanRing

4 hours ago, Wrath said:

Without question, MIT students pull off the best pranks ever.

And MIT was Tony Stark's Alma Mater in 'Iron Man".

• Like 1

Robert Downey Jr.'s Massive Payday Tops 'Avengers: Endgame' Star Deals

The Iron Man actor had negotiated a unique financial arrangement with studio chief Kevin Feige to receive backend profit on the series, resulting in what sources say was at least a $75 million haul for 'Infinity War.'

The article might have spoilers for Endgame. 

Avengers: Endgame

Avengers: Infinity War

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Avengers

Thor: Ragnarok

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Iron Man 3

Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Iron Man

Doctor Strange

Black Panther

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Captain America: Civil War

Iron Man 2

Captain Marvel

Ant-Man

The Incredible Hulk

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Thor

Thor: The Dark World

I would only make two changes to this list. Thor would be above Ant-Man, and Thor: TDW would drop down into the Earth's core. 

• Haha 2