Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

22 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Now you know how most of us feel!

And with "most of us", you mean a vocal minority on internet forums? Sure!

Excellent holds for Endgame overseas, expected domestic numbers. The OS holds basically put Avatar back in the menu for Endgame.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $770,805,870   29.5%+ 

Foreign: $1,844,000,000   70.5% 

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at 2,614,805,870.

This means that it needs estimated 173,159,217 to top Avatar.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me what EG made this week WW.?

I mean monday to sunday estimates

16 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Can anyone tell me what EG made this week WW.?

I mean monday to sunday estimates

As of Last Sunday (after Monday revisions up)

DOM:  $723,745,643
O/S:  $1,765,871,449

= $2,489,617,092

Mon - Sun (Est) = $125,188,778

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Crainy I moved my response to your post to the Fanboy wars thread, as it doesn't belong here.

Edited by JB33

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Excellent holds for Endgame overseas, expected domestic numbers. The OS holds basically put Avatar back in the menu for Endgame.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $770,805,870   29.5%+ 

Foreign: $1,844,000,000   70.5% 

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at 2,614,805,870.

This means that it needs estimated 173,159,217 to top Avatar.

I haven't looked at WW closely but it looks like it'll be close to Avatar

Whats the over under? 50/50?   

20 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

As of Last Sunday (after Monday revisions up)

DOM:  $723,745,643
O/S:  $1,765,871,449

= $2,489,617,092

Mon - Sun (Est) = $125,188,778

I think it needs -40% holds WW-C going forward

will Betty Crocker need to help?

91ede404-db68-4b9f-9bc5-57a8f5f01e66.jpg

Edited by POTUS 2020

4 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

I haven't looked at WW closely but it looks like it'll be close to Avatar

Whats the over under? 50/50?   

will Betty Crocker need to help?

91ede404-db68-4b9f-9bc5-57a8f5f01e66.jpg

I don't think so but that China extension would have made it a lot less sweaty. 

If needed Disney could re-expand it in IMAX over Labor Day w/e.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Speaking of which, Zoe Saldana should be happy that she appeared in the top 2 highest grossing films of all time, where she played two of her most well-known characters. 💁🏻‍♀️ 2ab9dea49a85f1e67e4f610a952db890.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

I don't think so but that China extension would have made it a lot less sweaty. 

If needed Disney could re-expand it in IMAX over Labor Day w/e.

well, we've seen some obvious fudge to get movies over $100m, 200m or a billion.  Would be funny to see them push it to...

$2,787,965,088.

Fox will re-release A1 just b4 A2 I assume to retake second place

Edited by POTUS 2020

2 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

well, we've seen some obvious fudge to get movies over $100m, 200m or a billion.  Would be funny to see them push it to...

$2,787,965,088.

Fox will re-release A1 just b4 A2 I assume to retake second place

Disney would do the Avatar re-release.  It would be fighting itself.  Would they support Cameron over Feige? :rock:

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney would do the Avatar re-release.  It would be fighting itself.  Would they support Cameron over Feige? :rock:

Didn't realize disney bought fox.  I just follow the BO.  What the hell else are they going to buy? That's just too much.

There's going to be just 1 corporation someday, run by AI, and we'll be matrixed😛

why not re-release, it'll be 11 years, it'll make tens of millions the week before, disney will take the money. 

Might as well make A2 #1 and A1 #2

A3 will be #4 is my bet

Edit. Just found out they delayed A2.  Another reason mergers are bad

11 years people are waiting and they add a year. dumb

Edited by POTUS 2020

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think there's money to be had with BOTH films fighting for the top spot. An 8K real 3d whatever movie theaters might be doing in the future isn't unlikely at all, imho. 

So what I think:

Endgame does top Avatar.

Avatar is re-released next year, like Titanic 3D back in 2012. Takes the crown back, eventually, Endgame is released again and the fight goes on again. I'm not even sure if Avatar COULD top Endgame even if it barely tops Avatar. I mean:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=judgmentday3d.htm

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

Didn't realize disney bought fox.  I just follow the BO.  What the hell else are they going to buy? That's just too much.

There's going to be just 1 corporation someday, run by AI, and we'll be matrixed😛

why not re-release, it'll be 11 years, it'll make tens of millions the week before, disney will take the money. 

A3 will be #4 is my bet

Who’s waiting for A2🤔😂

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

A3 will be #4 is my bet

Irrespective of studio wants Cameron has been delaying A2 all on his own for about a decade.  Missing the 2020 target date hurts Disney's schedule not helps it.  Maybe Fox wouldn't have sold if he'd had sequels in gear and ready for release 5 years ago.

• Like 3

The Avengers: Endgame actuals are in on BOM and they came $562.505 below in domestic numbers, $1.482.612 in domestic numbers.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $771,368,375   29.5%+

Foreign: $1,845,482,612   70.5%

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume actuals up until Sunday (24th day) is at $2,616,850,987.

This means that it needs more $171.114.100 to top Avatar.

Source: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=marvel2019.htm

46 minutes ago, Julianjunja said:

Who’s waiting for A2🤔😂

I've never seen the first (by the time I got around to going, it wasn't in 3D anymore) so honestly the only reason I'm waiting for the second is because I assume the first will see a limited release in theaters in 3D just before.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

A3 will be #4 is my bet

Disney didn't delay it. All Cameron. Disney is begging him to finish the damn thing. If all 3 sequels were just ok they would make serious money.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Disney didn't delay it. All Cameron. Disney is begging him to finish the damn thing. If all 3 sequels were just ok they would make serious money.

I only read one article that said it was Disney and that they wanted to alternate SW and A2-5 every xmas.

But I can see that it would be Cameron.  He is OCD.  In the making of Titanic, they said that he reversed the film on some shots so that the one sided ship model would appear to be shot on opposite sides., bow facing forward to the right, then left.  He had luggage tags written backwards for the reverse shots so they would reverse to normal, as if anyone would or could notice.

That kind of detail runs a film to $200m a record at the time, He was first to break a $100m budget with T2 in 2001

He said he had a razor blade taped to the monitor while editing Titanic, "use in case the film sucks"

Will he be the first to cross $500m?  How many razor blades does he have taped now?

• Like 1

DAT Canada holiday effect made for better than expected drops for The Avengers: Endgame this Monday. The actuals for the domestic numbers are in and due to Canuck Holiday effect the drop from last Monday was only -32.7%, grossing $3,162,240. This is interesting to point out because last year Infinity War 25th day also had the same holiday, with a steeper drop of -41.5% for a $2.7m Monday.

Today also marks the first day the end of the second weekend that The Avengers: Endgame topped Star Wars: The Force Awakens: on its 25th day of that film, TFA fell -61.2% for a $3.108m Monday.

Total Lifetime Grosses:

Domestic: $774,530,615      29.6%

Foreign: $1,844,000,000     70.4% (Not updated)

Daily countdown:

The Avengers: Endgame box office cume is estimated at $2,620,013,227.

This means that it needs estimated $167.951.860 to top Avatar.