Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

Posted (edited)

Saw for third time today. 

Much smaller crowd so less energy, but got into it just as much. 

I’m a mark for this movie. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Massive theater count drop. I'm feeling like crap now about late legs. Pikachu deserved to lose at least 500 more screens as its already consistently way behind. 

Dammit

Edited by cdsacken

Mojo projecting 11.2 weekend, is that even a remote possibility? Rare to see such a misfired forecast from them, seemingly.

Disney expanded/rereleased the original Avengers for Labor Day, so I'd imagine they'd do that for this as well.

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is amazing:

I just find the song a bit weird knowing that Marvel has a super group called The Champions and the Avengers are not them.

Deep cut with the Champions. 

Interesting to see about rumor that Hercules is in The Eternals. Not sure why he would be story wise. 

9 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Mojo projecting 11.2 weekend, is that even a remote possibility? Rare to see such a misfired forecast from them, seemingly.

That seems a bit high to me, but I don't think it is impossible. KotM took some of the premium screens away and the TC dropped quite a bit, but it is holding better than Pika. A lot of schools are out now. We'll know based on the friday jump.

• Like 1

Walt Disney’s Avengers: Endgame has earned $807.7 million after earning $1.136 million (-12% from Wednesday) on its 35th day of domestic release. Along with a likely over/under $1.895 billion overseas cume (it’ll be over $1.9 billion by today), the MCU flick has earned $2.7 billion worldwide as it flexes a little bit more muscle in the middle of a now-packed summer movie season. The hope is for a $10 million weekend, an $818 million domestic and $2.715-$2.720 billion global cume by Sunday.

It’s starting to lose theaters (-735 this weekend), but it’s not done quite yet. The whole “Will it top Avatar worldwide?” question is still a firm “Maybe!” Again, there’s no shame in the silver medal when you’ve earned this much money in North America, China ($630 million) and around the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/31/box-office-avengers-endgame-aladdin-john-wick-pokemon-pikachu-alita-avatar-godzilla/

Me agreeing with Mendelson on something isn’t really something that happens often. Endgame doing some magic here.

This run has truly been remarkable. Not even taking the film’s quality into account, I love seeing eleven years of hard work pay off like this. Truly earned, even if it does only get the silver medal in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Cant believe no has posted this tweet of this perfect man!

With that hairstyles and the earing, he was asking to be cast as a dickhead lol.

According to Deadline:

Avengers: Endgame Dis 3,105 (-705) $2M (-52%) $7.3M (-58%) $815M 6

@ZattMurdock

Do You still believe in +850M domestic? I was right all along.

giphy.gif&key=b9418a0378c06201fa756b3826

• Sad 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, Juby said:

According to Deadline:

Avengers: Endgame Dis 3,105 (-705) $2M (-52%) $7.3M (-58%) $815M 6

@ZattMurdock

Do You still believe in +850M domestic? I was right all along.

giphy.gif&key=b9418a0378c06201fa756b3826

Are we believing Deadline numbers now? It could be either below that or above for all we know.

4 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Are we believing Deadline numbers now? It could be either below that or above for all we know.

Just let it go man :whosad:

4 hours ago, Sam said:

With that hairstyles and the earing, he was asking to be cast as a dickhead lol.

Do not insult the earring! Without it we never would have had Not Another Teen Movie and one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history (The Banana Split!!!). 

But seriously so many people are freaking about the earring in the comments section. The whole section is funny 😜

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So....

I’n guilty of feeling disappointed by this not reaching even more huge numbers. I had originally just hoped this would beat AIW’s totals, but that OW was so nuts. 

Beating Avatar has moved from seeming likely to a tossup to ehhhh, not happening. 

I realize I’m acting like an Alabama football fan getting upset about not winning the national title after starting 14-0.  I hate those guys so I’ll skip being one. 

On to FFH. On to Black Widow and Shang-Chi. 

Edited by Mr Terrific

:lol:

tumblr_psgkspCGeZ1qdeafb_540.gif
tumblr_psgksum6XC1qdeafb_540.gif
tumblr_psgksyUgdE1qdeafb_540.gif
tumblr_psgkt4ALmV1qdeafb_540.gif

“It was really funny filming the turning to dust scene, because obviously I didn’t turn to dust.”

- Tom Holland

• Haha 4