Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

On 5/30/2019 at 11:34 PM, ZattMurdock said:

This is amazing:

That shady parallel edit of Thanos punch Iron Man and Iron Man punching Cap warm my soul. 

• Haha 1

I just wanna give a shout out to @nguyenkhoi282 and say that his OS-C projections can still come true depending on how over the estimates the actuals will come tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Let's try not to get this thread frozen. If avatar trolls come just report it.

On the domestic front the drop was expected but sad nonetheless. I really hope it stops shedding theaters so fast. 

Edited by cdsacken

I’m keeping the faith by keeping obscure goals alive. 

Wont quite make it to $370 domestic average for MCU films. Need FFH to make more than $380 or so. 

51 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I’m keeping the faith by keeping obscure goals alive. 

Wont quite make it to $370 domestic average for MCU films. Need FFH to make more than $380 or so. 

Depending on how over the OS-C actuals are tomorrow, Avatar is still reachable without a re-release.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 2

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Depending on how over the OS-C actuals are tomorrow, Avatar is still reachable without a re-release.

What’s your path to Avatar without a re-release?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Zatt, could you give me you prediction of how much the overseas actuals will go up tomorrow?

I'm predicting that the overseas actual could be adjusted up by 7M (for a 15.6M weekend), thus matching that 2.720B by Sunday number you predicted a few days ago.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Dude.

First you said TFA was still within reach.

Then you said $900m was still in reach.

Then I stopped paying attention, but you are holding onto a dream my man.

Let it go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Zatt, could you give me you prediction of how much the overseas actual will to up tomorrow?

I'm predicting that the overseas actual could be adjusted up by 7M (for a 15.6M weekend), thus matching that 2.720B by Sunday number you predicted a few days ago.

You are wrong. The Box Office Report estimate is already $8.6m OS-C.

If it comes to around $10-11m OS-C, it is enough to keep a pace that it can get Endgame to top Avatar by the end. We need the actuals for a clear perspective where Endgame is now.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Dude.

Let it go.

What I'm saying isn't unreasonable. Endgame is overperforming OS-C and underperforming Dom at same period of time to Infinity War. That still keeps Avatar within reach.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

You are wrong. The Box Office Report estimate is already $8.6m OS-C.

I'm aware of that, Zatt, that's why my projection for overseas weekend is 15.6M ;) (8.6M and actuals adjusted up by 7M, 8.6+7=15.6)

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

What I'm saying isn't unreasonable. Endgame is overperforming OS-C and underperforming Dom at same period of time to Infinity War. That still keeps Avatar within reach.

$8.6m already puts Endgame over my $2.72B projection. It still need better numbers to compensate the Dom numbers. Based on how OS-C keeps getting underpredicted by estimates, it seems feasible that they were underplayed once again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

$8.6m already puts Endgame over my $2.72B projection. It still need better numbers to compensate the Dom numbers. Based on how OS-C keeps getting underpredicted by estimates, it seems feasible that they were underplayed once again.

Man, just let it go. I'm not sure why you're wasting so much time and energy against avatar stans. If EG gets WW crown ok but because of constant bull crap, nobody is enjoying the run. It passed 2.7B WW this weekend but I'm not sure, we don't see any excitement for that milestone.

Remember, part of destination is the journey. Enjoy the ride, if it hits the WW crown, more power to it and if it doesn't so be it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Man, just let it go. I'm not sure why you're wasting so much time and energy against avatar stans. If EG gets WW crown ok but because of constant bull crap, nobody is enjoying the run. It passed 2.7B WW this weekend but I'm not sure, we don't see any excitement for that milestone.

Remember, part of destination is the journey. Enjoy the ride, if it hits the WW crown, more power to it and if it doesn't so be it.

Druv, my man. Trust me, I'm good. Me pointing out that is still within reach isn't me not acknowledging the insane run that the film has had. If it doesn't pass Avatar, that's fine. What I'm saying is that it declaring it dead is premature. It will be very close, one way or the other.

18 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Dude.

Let it go.

Out of reach without massive help including a re release. If it's 25 million short why would they not re release it?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A sequel that increases 700M. Nobody could have predicted that. Before Endgame release most prediction here is about 2.2B - 2.5B.

This week is the biggest holiday for Muslim countries. Hopping for some good hold.

Edited by Heroicpiglet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I’d like to echo @druv10 sentiment of the new fans around here not falling for bait, tho. Endgame run has been fantastic so far, and I do think it has one last surprise under its sleeve.

27 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

A sequel that increases 700M. Nobody could have predicted that. Before Endgame release most prediction here is about 2.2B - 2.5B.

This week is the biggest holiday for Muslim countries. Hopping for some good hold.

Most people aren’t even counting on that because they don’t know it’s a thing. Good point.

Edited by ZattMurdock

Endgame gross is not fantastic, its out of the world. I am amazed it almost doubled Ultron !!!!.

Anyway its run has been predictable after 2nd weekend. Only interesting thing is if Disney will announce an extended cut or wait for early next year around academy noms. They will boost theater count for Labor day weekend as well.

But as @druv10 said enjoy the run and soak it in. I doubt you will see a movie make 1.2B OW for a long time !!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Endgame gross is not fantastic, its out of the world. I am amazed it almost doubled Ultron !!!!.

Anyway its run has been predictable after 2nd weekend. Only interesting thing is if Disney will announce an extended cut or wait for early next year around academy noms. They will boost theater count for Labor day weekend as well.

But as @druv10 said enjoy the run and soak it in. I doubt you will see a movie make 1.2B OW for a long time !!!!

No doubt. With all of the complaining by people, we're forgetting it shattered records left and right. It even broke out in Europe which is very hard for a SH movie. I'm so tired of coming into threads watch non stop complaining. Some do it to get a rise out of others while others are genuinely concerned, which baffles me. It's 660M+ over IW, let that sink in!!!

Edited by druv10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1