Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:
EAAA9EhX4AAA-JQ?format=jpg&name=medium

I'll be honest: I'm glad I stopped watching comicbook movies after Infinity War, people who've known me for a long time here know I love these movies but we reached a point where it's just too much, after 10 years+ I think a break is really welcome.

I will probably play catch up in a few years when I'm finally hyped again, my interest in these movies is still there, I didn't "outgrow" them but it's like great food: no matter how good it is you will be disgusted if you eat too much of it. Marvel and DC (particularly Marvel) just went too far even for a fan like me.

Well that just means you weren’t as big a fan you think you were. For me it’s just a beginning and I loved cbms since X-men and first Spidey

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Didn't watched EndGame?

No I didn't. Not that I'm not interested but I really liked the idea of the MCU ending that way with such a daring final with Thanos doing you know what, it was so incredible that I strongly felt it was the perfect moment to do a long break to reignite my hype because I was starting to feel bored due to the feeling it is endless, the best stories have an end and the MCU is gonna last for at least 10 years, probably more.

I love video games more than anything but I felt the same thing for them back in early 2012 so I stopped gaming after 2 amazing games: Zelda Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles (particularly that one). Following this fatigue I stoppedp layng until summer 2016, 4 years and half of break but then when I started playing again and playing catch up I was fired up as ever before..Believe me, long breaks are perfect to reignite the flame :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Well that just means you weren’t as big a fan you think you were. For me it’s just a beginning and I loved cbms since X-men and first Spidey

Again, given you didn't read: it's like food: even the best food is offputting is you eat too much of it and on a daily basis, the taste is no longer the same.

Maybe you like this but many people need diversity and a break before coming back.

I love videogames more than the huge majority of people on Earth but even me would be bored playing several Pokemon or Zelda games each year despite me loving them, which is why I try other genres and new concepts, a break between these games.

I personally prefer the WDAS way of doing things: 1 or 2 movies a year, or sometimes every 2 years, it makes these movies more appealing.

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

No I didn't. Not that I'm not interested but I really liked the idea of the MCU ending that way with such a daring final with Thanos doing you know what, it was so incredible that I strongly felt it was the perfect moment to do a long break to reignite my hype because I was starting to feel bored due to the feeling it is endless, the best stories have an end and the MCU is gonna last for at least 10 years, probably more.

I love video games more than anything but I felt the same thing for them back in early 2012 so I stopped gaming after 2 amazing games: Zelda Skyward Sword and Xenoblade Chronicles (particularly that one). Following this fatigue I stoppedp layng until summer 2016, 4 years and half of break but then when I started playing again and playing catch up I was fired up as ever before..Believe me, long breaks are perfect to reignite the flame :D

Well watch it, and take the break from rest, atleast end it the way it should be.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I can definitely eat my favourite food three times a year, I actually do it more often. So yeah, different people - different tastes. You take your break and I (with hundreds of million people) will gladly gobble mcu’s fastfood up

btw speaking of games - since 2015 (I think) I played only one and that’s factorio - currently on hold due to newborn but I am excited to get back at it)

Edited by JimiQ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

I can definitely eat my favourite food three times a year, I actually do it more often. So yeah, different people - different tastes. You take your break and I (with hundreds of million people) will gladly gobble mcu’s fastfood up

Don't act like I insulted your mom, we're not children and that's entertainment.

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well watch it, and take the break from rest, atleast end it the way it should be.

I'm not motivated but I'll think about it. Besides Spider-Man Far From Home is apparently the true end of the current phase so... 😕

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Don't act like I insulted your mom, we're not children and that's entertainment.

Uhm, I’m not. Sorry if it sounded like that. I just felt compelled to tell other side of the story. You claiming you are some great fan and then not even watching endgame felt “wrong”

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Uhm, I’m not. Sorry if it sounded like that. I just felt compelled to tell other side of the story. You claiming you are some great fan and then not even watching endgame felt “wrong”

Well, "You're not a real fan, I AM" is not exactly the most mature thing to say so maybe it wasn't worded well. I hope you realize it was just about me? I wasn't saying "The MCU is gonna decline, look at us we're getting bored!", the superhero fatigue theory started in 2012  and it's been mocked for years so I wouldn't do that. Besides, I'll be back, it's just a break, it's not like I gave up on Marvel / DC (yes, it's a full break from the genre, not just Marvel).

Even fans can feel the need of a break, it's ok.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, "You're not a real fan, I AM" is not exactly the most mature thing to say so maybe it wasn't worded well. I hope you realize it was just about me? I wasn't saying "The MCU is gonna decline, look at us we're getting bored!", the superhero fatigue theory started in 2012  and it's been mocked for years so I wouldn't do that. Besides, I'll be back, it's just a break, it's not like I gave up on Marvel / DC (yes, it's a full break from the genre, not just Marvel).

Even fans can feel the need of a break, it's ok.

Break is happening Fullbuster. Just look at the schedule we are getting more new movies rather than sequels also the different cast which is very diverse brings a breath of fresh air... If you like hand to hand combat action Black Widow might be up your alley?  I'm hearing great things about its action sequence

@Fullbuster

Watch a lot of truly terrible movies then you'll swing the pendulum in the other direction enough that you'll come back. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I got a little MCU burnout going into Captain Marvel/Endgame - partially because of personal reasons and reanalysis of how I consume media - but Far From Home sparked my interest again. Can't imagine I won't keep going to see these movies, outside of Hulk I've seen all of them in theaters.

Edited by Mekanos

Posted (edited)

The Hawkeye trailer/reveal: 

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Astonished 1

Would I get burned out with a new MCU product every 2 weeks? Maybe, I guess. Once every 2 months or so isn’t anywhere close to overeating, it’s enjoying a find delicacy at a nicely paced space.

• Like 2

It might be a lot if they were ALL movies, but a lot of these are TV shows (and, from the sounds of Mandalorian, weekly TV shows), so it's not too much all at once

In terms of actual plot and importance, WandaVision is looking to be the show not to miss as it will lead directly into Doctor Strange 2

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone involved in the making of MCU films, the pinnacle has been reached and the pile of $$ keeps growing, $22.4 Billion worldwide to date. 

Rank - Title - Studio - Worldwide/ Domestic / % Overseas / % Year

1- Avengers: Endgame BV $2,790.2 $854.2 30.6% $1,936.0 69.4% 2019
2- Avengers: Infinity War BV $2,048.4 $678.8 33.1% $1,369.5 66.9% 2018
3- Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8 $623.4 41% $895.5 59% 2012
4- Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015

5- Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52% $646.9 48% 2018
6- Iron Man 3 BV $1,214.8 $409.0 33.7% $805.8 66.3% 2013
7- Captain America: Civil War BV $1,153.3 $408.1 35.4% $745.2 64.6% 2016
8- Captain Marvel BV $1,128.3 $426.8 37.8% $701.4 62.2% 2019

9- Spider-Man: Far from Home Sony $970.8 $319.7 32.9% $651.1 67.1% 2019
10- Spider-Man: Homecoming Sony $880.2 $334.2 38% $546.0 62% 2017
11- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 BV $863.8 $389.8 45.1% $473.9 54.9% 2017
12- Thor: Ragnarok BV $854.0 $315.1 36.9% $538.9 63.1% 2017

13- Guardians of the Galaxy BV $773.3 $333.2 43.1% $440.2 56.9% 2014
14- Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $714.3 $259.8 36.4% $454.5 63.6% 2014
15- Doctor Strange BV $677.7 $232.6 34.3% $445.1 65.7% 2016
16- Thor: The Dark World BV $644.6 $206.4 32% $438.2 68% 2013

17- Iron Man 2 Par. $623.9 $312.4 50.1% $311.5 49.9% 2010
18- Ant-Man and the Wasp BV $622.7 $216.6 34.8% $406.0 65.2% 2018
19- Iron Man Par. $585.2 $318.4 54.4% $266.8 45.6% 2008
20- Ant-Man BV $519.3 $180.2 34.7% $339.1 65.3% 2015

21- Thor Par. $449.3 $181.0 40.3% $268.3 59.7% 2011
22- Captain America: The First Avenger Par. $370.6 $176.7 47.7% $193.9 52.3% 2011
23- The Incredible Hulk Uni. $263.4 $134.8 51.2% $128.6 48.8% 2008

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The Hawkeye trailer/reveal: 

Does anyone have all those logo reveals uploaded?