Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross NOT confirmed | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540

16 hours ago, langer said:

I'm here to celebrate Avatar being handed its silver medal.  

I stopped by the Fanboy Wars thread to check on the mental health of the Cameron 'stans. Now that their high horse has been shot out from under them, whatever will they do? Hang their hopes on A2's box office and a re-re-release by Disney, that's what. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

I stopped by the Fanboy Wars thread to check on the mental health of the Cameron 'stans. Now that their high horse has been shot out from under them, whatever will they do? Hang their hopes on A2's box office and a re-re-release by Disney, that's what. :lol:

That's pretty much their plan, yeah. Unfortunately we still have a whole 2 and a half years of hearing about how Avatar 2 is going to show all of us and obliterate Endgame with 4 billies!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

I AM STILL DRUNK

tumblr_mkg03lLEFY1s4ywvco1_500.gif

haha, happy for you man. Really loved the tracking stuff on twitter.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I'm enjoying the upset text walls in the Avatar 2 thread over this.

• Haha 1

Saw this again today.  It’s just so entertaining. I was surprised at how full the theater was, though it was the only showing today.  About 40 people, some of whom I swear had not seen it by their reactions.  I wonder how many were like me and wanted to be part of the weekend where it gets the record.  Yes, I’m a dork.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I assume Cameron will post some type of congratulations message to Marvel, as he did when Endgame passed Titanic. Looking forward to seeing it!

6 hours ago, sabrecmc said:

Saw this again today.  It’s just so entertaining. I was surprised at how full the theater was, though it was the only showing today.  About 40 people, some of whom I swear had not seen it by their reactions.  I wonder how many were like me and wanted to be part of the weekend where it gets the record.  Yes, I’m a dork.

Yeah, last week I saw Endgame the fifth time in theater, and the theater was half full (okay granted it was down to one show per day in 20km vicintiy now.) I was surprised from overheard conversations that probably at least half were seeing it the first time! I'd have thought that after nearly three months, the shows will only draw repeat viewings from fans.

• Like 1

Can MCU ever reach a $1 billion per movie average? FFH will bring the total to $22.55b through 23 movies but I have to imagine Widow/Eternals/Shang-Chi/Strange will all just fall in the $800-$1.1b range?

13 hours ago, Talkie said:

I look forward to them begging Disney, a studio they have spent countless hours putting down, for a re-release. The irony will be delicious.

Also I find all this talk of burnout somewhat baffling. 3 movies a year, about 6-7 hours total makes one burn out doesn't make sense to me. I mean do people not watch stuff like sports every week? I watch Football (soccer for the american) and Tennis, IF I only watch my favourite team/players, that would still be about 6 hours or so every week and more than 200-300 hours every year. And thats not even counting pre-match and post match commentary or watching a game from any other teams/players. 

I dont get burned out because of that and I am sure most people here watch sports too. So how does 6 hours a year burn someone out and 200-300 hours or more does not?

Heck even TV and streaming shows have more hours of content per year than MCU but I dont hear about burnout because GoT is putting out 10+ hours of content every year or that Breaking Bad/TBBT/etc puts out a show every week.

I understand being satisfied and wanting to stop after the current Infinity Saga ended. But I as a fan want more and sure as hell can find 6 hours in a year to watch them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, sabrecmc said:

Same I'm totally here for it.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Can MCU ever reach a $1 billion per movie average? FFH will bring the total to $22.55b through 23 movies but I have to imagine Widow/Eternals/Shang-Chi/Strange will all just fall in the $800-$1.1b range?

Oh, definitely. Once all of BP2, CM2, Gotg3, and next Avengers are out will comfortably clear 1B average.

Endgame joining a list of iconic box office mega block busters. How long will it stay on top of the mountain?

List of #1's unadjusted world wide gross $$

Avengers Endgame: $2,790.2 M (2019)

Titanic: $2,187.5 M (1997)
Jurassic Park: $1,029.5 M (1993)
E.T.: $792.9 M (1982)
Star Wars: $775.4 M (1977)
Jaws: $470.7 M (1975)
The Exorcist: $441.3 M (1973)
Gone with the Wind: $402.4 M (1939) - a 34 year reign!!!!

• Like 2

Avatar's inevitable rerelease for the sequel will certainly knock it off, so it's safe till at least 2021

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Avatar's inevitable rerelease for the sequel will certainly knock it off, so it's safe till at least 2021

Disney+ doesn't add to B.O. :rock:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Avatar rerelease: I am inevitable.  

Spoiler

Disney: I am Iron Man loyal to Feige

But seriously, it’s far from inevitable. Endgame could easily be the #1 movie with 2.8B in 2026 or whatever still.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Avatar rerelease: I am inevitable.  

Reveal hidden contents

But seriously, it’s far from inevitable. Endgame could easily be the #1 movie with 2.8B in 2026 or whatever still.

i believe that people read too much into it, could the re release happen ? sure, but to talk about like thats locked its idiocy , plus the reason is not that good if you will, to promote avatar 2, so a re release of avatar 1 will help the box office of avatar 2?  will add some hundreds millions ? lol what, or the other cameron wants the record, thats a weak arguement, its not in his hand, and he doesnt care as much for the ww record as we do here, same with the russo brothers

plus it would seem to me that if they indeed re release it that would be a middle finger to marvel studios, i mean why would you do that, they could just let endgame falll short in the first place, anyway we will know in one or 2 years

Edited by john2000