luna

BO.com 100 Greatest Directors PRESENTATION

Posted Image

Guillermo del Toro Gómez (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡiˈʝeɾmo ðel ˈtoɾo]; born October 9, 1964) is a Mexican film director, screenwriter, producer, and novelist. In his filmmaking career, del Toro has alternated between Spanish-language dark fantasy pieces, such as The Devil's Backbone (2001) and Pan's Labyrinth (2006), and more mainstream American action movies, such asBlade II (2002), Hellboy (2004), its sequel Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008), and Pacific Rim (2013).

• Like 7

here's a surprise

Posted Image

Bernardo Bertolucci (Italian: [berˈnardo bertoˈluttʃi]; born 16 March 1940) is an Italian film director and screenwriter, whose films include The ConformistLast Tango in Paris1900The Last EmperorThe Sheltering Sky and The Dreamers. In recognition of his work, he was presented with the inaugural Honorary Palme d'Or Award at the opening ceremony of the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.[2]

• Like 5

Posted Image

Sydney Irwin Pollack (July 1, 1934 – May 26, 2008) was an American film director, producer and actor. Pollack directed more than 21 films and 10 television shows, acted in over 30 films or shows, and produced over 44 films. Some of his best known works include Jeremiah Johnson (1972), The Way We Were (1973), Three Days of the Condor (1975) and Absence of Malice(1981). His 1985 film Out of Africa won him Academy Awards for directing and producing; he was also nominated for Best Director Oscars for They Shoot Horses, Don't They? and Tootsie, in the latter of which he also appeared. His later films included Havana (1990), The Firm (1993), Sabrina (1995), The Interpreter (2005), and as producer for and actor in Michael Clayton (2007).

• Like 3

Wait, Michael Bay made this list?  He hasn't even made a decent movie.

The Rock was pretty good. (Although I am biased towards anything with copious helpings of Connery (and Cage mugging.)) And despite my usual hatred for his choice of screenplays and characters, I can't deny the guy can put together a pretty good action scene.

Then again, I suppose I'm just happy he didn't end up scoring higher. I was fully expecting him to end up in the top 50. 

• Like 4

My top directors of the top of my head.

Speilberg

James Cameron

Cecille De mille

Frank Daubont

Robert Zemekis

ALfred Hitchcock

Frank Capra.

Ridley Scott

Stanley Kubrick

Nolan.

Mel Gibson

Sam Raimi

David Cronenberg.

Brad Bird

William Dieterle

Martin Scorscee

Josh Whedon

Micheal Bay(Hey hes a top notch action Director)

Edited by Superman001

The Rock was pretty good. (Although I am biased towards anything with copious helpings of Connery (and Cage mugging.)) And despite my usual hatred for his choice of screenplays and characters, I can't deny the guy can put together a pretty good action scene.

Then again, I suppose I'm just happy he didn't end up scoring higher. I was fully expecting him to end up in the top 50. 

The rock is one of the great action adventure films made and Bay did it.. Transformers I was incredible.... So Bay has done some wonderous events in motion picture history..

He just hasnt done a drama or oscar award worthy film yet.