grim22

Dylan Farrow writes that she was sexually abused by Woody Allen

An open letter by Dylan Farrow, read the whole thing at the link: http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/01/an-open-letter-from-dylan-farrow/

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

Edited by grim22

Awful, I hope Woody Allen ends up in jail or something.  Too many famous people have gotten away with being abusive assholes with even any negative effect on their public image.  Just look at John Lennon or Sean Penn.

On another note, ugh one of the reasons why I hate Lena Dunham: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dylan-farrows-woody-allen-letter-676346 Lena Dunham Calls Dylan Farrow Open Letter 'Courageous, Powerful and Generous'

Who the fuck gives a shit about what Lena Dunham said, just publish the goddamn article and stop obsessing with everything that comes out of that ugly bag's mouth.  :angry:

• Like 1

Awful, I hope Woody Allen ends up in jail or something.  Too many famous people have gotten away with being abusive assholes with even any negative effect on their public image.  Just look at John Lennon or Sean Penn. On another note, ugh one of the reasons why I hate Lena Dunham: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dylan-farrows-woody-allen-letter-676346 Lena Dunham Calls Dylan Farrow Open Letter 'Courageous, Powerful and Generous' Who the fuck gives a shit about what Lena Dunham said, just publish the goddamn article and stop obsessing with everything that comes out of that ugly bag's mouth.  :angry:

Think the case is too old to be prosecuted.

Awful, and the sad thing is that it has been an open, disgusting secret for years, yet plenty of great actors trot out every year in tribute, claiming how "proud" they are to work with this guy. Same with Roman Polanski. Great filmmakers, awful, disgusting human beings. 

• Like 3

Yeah. It's disgusting how they get to live out and have success and act as though it never happened or didn't phase them.

It's despicable.

I hate to bring this up, but is it true that David O. Russell has committed a similar act or?

I haven't heard Russell was involved in anything sexually, but I do know he's a huge fucking asshole with anger problems. Not ok, but not a terrible depravity.

True or not. Mia Farrow is nuts. Until further evidence is supported or Woody Allen actually ends up coming out and admitting, I cannot trust Dylan Penn's claims at all, especially considering that Mia Farrow may have "brainwashed' her.

Either way this doesn't change my views on Allen as an artist at all.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

Awful, I hope Woody Allen ends up in jail or something.  Too many famous people have gotten away with being abusive assholes with even any negative effect on their public image.  Just look at John Lennon or Sean Penn. On another note, ugh one of the reasons why I hate Lena Dunham: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dylan-farrows-woody-allen-letter-676346 Lena Dunham Calls Dylan Farrow Open Letter 'Courageous, Powerful and Generous' Who the fuck gives a shit about what Lena Dunham said, just publish the goddamn article and stop obsessing with everything that comes out of that ugly bag's mouth.  :angry:

What did John Lennon or Sean Penn do that's comparable to child molestation?

I haven't heard Russell was involved in anything sexually, but I do know he's a huge fucking asshole with anger problems. Not ok, but not a terrible depravity.

Apparently he felt up his transgender niece at a gym. But I don't think he was charged with anything

True or not. Mia Farrow is nuts. Until further evidence is supported or Woody Allen actually ends up coming out and admitting, I cannot trust Dylan Penn's claims at all, especially considering that Mia Farrow may have "brainwashed' her.

Either way this doesn't change my views on Allen as an artist at all.

Which is a more common occurrence ? A sexual assault or a "brainwashing" that lasts over two decades. She says she is happily married so she is unlikely to be under Mia Farrow's direct influence these days.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 2

Apparently he felt up his transgender niece at a gym. But I don't think he was charged with anything

David O. Russell admits he groped his 19-year-old transgender niece in a Florida gym, but according to TMZ, "The Fighter" director won't face charges in the incident.The case has been closed, a rep for the Broward County Sheriff's Office tells TMZ, without any charges being filed because the alleged assault wasn't witnessed by police. A rep for the department says the alleged victim, Nicole Peloquin, could take her case directly to the State's Attorney, but characterized it as unlikely.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-zap-ent-david-russell-groping,0,1079020.story

Which is a more common occurrence ? A sexual assault or a "brainwashing" that lasts over two decades. She says she is happily married so she is unlikely to be under Mia Farrow's direct influence these days.

Mia Farrow is crazy, and may have raised her children to have bad perceptions of their step father hence "brainwashing". Regardless their is not sufficient enough evidence for me to actually believe this.

The fact that Allen is ignoring all of this, while Mia is trying to stomp on him every chance she has, shows that she is no better than he is.

Edited by Fancyarcher

David O. Russell admits he groped his 19-year-old transgender niece in a Florida gym, but according to TMZ, "The Fighter" director won't face charges in the incident.The case has been closed, a rep for the Broward County Sheriff's Office tells TMZ, without any charges being filed because the alleged assault wasn't witnessed by police. A rep for the department says the alleged victim, Nicole Peloquin, could take her case directly to the State's Attorney, but characterized it as unlikely.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-zap-ent-david-russell-groping,0,1079020.story

Ugh. That is horrible. He should have been charged for doing that.  :angry:

• Like 1

I could be wrong but didn't Polanski have consentual sex with a 16 yr old girl? Isn't that a bit different than fondling a 8 yr old girl against her will? I know both are illegal but one is so much more heinous than the other.Edit....just googled it. Yep he's a fucker too. Drugged a 13 yr old and raped her. WTF.

Edited by Christmas baumer