spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

I went to Legoland in Denmark once. It was surprisingly crappy to be honest.

I've heard from family that Legoland in Germany is nice. I've taken my oldest daughter to Legoland near San Diego 4 years in a row now. She loves the place and it's perfect for younger kids.
  • Like 3

UPDATED: George Clooney's latest directorial effort, "The Monuments Men," is off to a solid start and could nab a $24 million opening; YA film adaptation "Vampire Academy" lacks bite.

Berlin -- Based on Friday traffic, Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures' The Lego Movie could sail past $60 million in its North American debut, a mammoth number for early February.

The only February film to open higher than $60 million wasMel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ, which launched to $83.8 million in 2004. Lego could earn as much as $20 million on Friday alone, although more conservative estimates show it earning $15 million to $18 million for the day.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-lego-movie-opens-678526

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-the-lego-movie-soaring-to-60-million-debut-1201092326/

Written and directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller (“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”), Warner Bros.’ 3D toon is on track to gross $60 million this weekend, making it the second-highest February opening of all time.

Adding further firepower to the domestic box office is Sony’s “The Monuments Men,” which may reach $24 million by Sunday, based on early ticket sales.

This weekend’s other wide release, the Weinstein Company’s adaptation of the YA series “Vampire Academy,” should bow to approximately $7 million.

Edited by grim22

Wow, what a figure for Lego Movie! Anything over 45 is incredibly impressive, but that's just insanity! Excited to see it. My Mom is in town and she's a huge movie buff, but she wasn't down for it tonight, so we saw Monument's Men instead. Solid B- quality historical drama: excellent score and production design, weird editing and tone (on occassion). Not too bad at all, really. Was very crowded and will play well with older crowds. Good number for it, too.

Well, their attempt at it, sure. 

We are a tropical country and they expect us to go gaga over figure skating? lol

So let's look forward to Brazilians, Madagascans and Indonesians joining the next Winter Olympics.

Edited by kayumanggi

We are a tropical country and they expect us to go gaga over figure skating? lolSo let's look forward to Brazilians, Madagascans and Indonesians joining the next Winter Olympics.

and The Egpyt hockey team in the next Olympic Games. Edited by Jesus of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Lmao at their Twitter.

Posted ImageHollywood Reporter ‏@THR  5m

105.7 million people in the Philippines and one dude who can figure skate. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

There's definitely ice skating rinks in a few of the malls in Manila.

I wish they would quit live tweeting stuff. It's killing my timeline.

Someone at Hollywood Reporter probably got really drunk and started live tweeting the Olympic opening ceremony. There are some extremely stupid and some downright misinformed comments in the feed right now. Some examples:

Posted ImageHollywood Reporter@THR 23m

I've been told I can only say #PussyRiot three times. Instead, I'm gonna say #VaginalUprising. No limits! #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Posted ImageHollywood Reporter@THR 20m

I want to buy Paraguay some hot cocoa and gossip about Norway. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Posted ImageHollywood Reporter@THR 19m

Nice outfits, Poland. Well played. You can continue. Try the veal. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Posted ImageHollywood Reporter@THR 5m

105.7 million people in the Philippines and one dude who can figure skate. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

:rofl:

Love it.

Have you ever stepped on those things? They hurt like hell?

I avoid that room.  However they seem to be spreading down the hallway and into his bedroom.  

I fear they have reached critical mass and have developed a conscious.  That pile in the hallway is new and is getting close to my bedroom door.  If I disappear from the forums in the near future it means they have found out that I'm the one that tries to restrict them to one room in the house.

• Like 3