baumer

The LEGO Movie (2014)

102 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Everything is Awesome!

I love this movie. It exceeded my expectations going in, although I kept them in-check. The last time I enjoyed an animated film this much was with UP and TS3. I like this even better than Frozen. One of my favorite animated films of all-time.

A+

PS: I love the unikitty.

• Like 4

The Lego Movie is such a creative and funny film with a very surprisingly emotional undertone that I wasn't expecting. Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller who also made Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street again show that they can take a horrible movie idea and make it brilliant. The cast is phenomenal, Will Arnett makes a great Batman and I didn't even recognize the voices of Nick Offerman and Alison Brie. The cinematography had an awesome and beautiful look to the film. The attention detail also amazed me as they got everything right. The Lego Movie is a great time for adults and kids and is a film I can't wait to see again and is a must for my DVD collection when it comes out. 

Grade: A

• Like 3

The 1st 2/3rds of the movie are above-average (Cloudy with Chance of Meatballs, Despicable Me, Monsters University), the final third of the movie is one for the ages (Toy Story 3, Lion King, Finding Nemo).

Overall, a very, very great movie.  An absolute delight!

A+

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 2

Lego Movie

4:30PM

About 80% full

Trailers:

Legend of Oz: Wow, this looks like a DTV film. This made some animated films look like Pixar. I think I heard a chuckle :P

Muppets Most Wanted: Fantastic reaction, looks really good.

Mr. Peabody: Quite a few laughs, looks better then the show, not that its hard to do.

Lemurs of Madagascar: Amusing comments how they look nothing like King Julian :P

Movie: Very funny and clever. Best film of 2014...Oh wait :P I pretty much figured that it was a kid playing with his toys after some of the sound and stuff The lego characters were funny, I thought the spaceman was the best character. The style of animation was good. So for part 2 it can be The rise of the Duplo blocks lol, that part was funny

A

• Like 1

Everything is Awesome! I love this movie. It exceeded my expectations going in, although I kept them in-check. The last time I enjoyed an animated film this much was with UP and TS3. I like this even better than Frozen. One of my favorite animated films of all-time. A+ PS: I love the unikitty.

Your review sounded promising until you said this.
  • Like 1

Here's my first full length review of 2014, i'll work my way back up to attempt to give full length reviews to at least 4 movies a month.

"It never sacrifices entertainment to get across the art, but at the same time it doesn't ever sacrifice the art in order to be entertaining, in fact it takes the entertainment and sculpts the blocks into artwork.  It's definitely one of the most original comedy scripts I have seen in a very long time."

http://thepandaflicksreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-lego-movie-review.html

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1