grim22

The Disaster Artist - Movie about making of "The Room" | Dec 8 2017

1 hour ago, Talkie said:

So now I guess I have to watch The Room before this comes out. Thanks a lot, Franco! ;)

There is no other bad movie like it. Its reputation is totally deserved.

Anyway, stunned Franco actually made something that's apparently not terrible given his previous run of directing films. The book had real heart as well as laughs, so I'm glad it got its due.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

December 1 is still empty though. I wonder if A24 scraps the limited plans and goes outright wide then or Focus moves Shape of Water.

That's the worst date of the year besides Super Bowl weekend. Studios tend to avoid it like the plague.

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

This is probably top three most anticipated of the year for me. Seems delightfully weird.

Completely agree, I can't wait. I'm just wondering if I should read the book first or not.

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That's the worst date of the year besides Super Bowl weekend. Studios tend to avoid it like the plague.

Krampus opened over 16M in 2015 on that weekend, so there's definitely a market if the movie isn't a dump.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hell, maybe WB moves Bastards up to December 1. Many theaters aren't going to want that guaranteed flop taking up screens that could go to Star Wars, Pitch Perfect, or Jumanji.

Jumanji is this year? I thought it was next year

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, the weekend after Thanksgiving is a usually poor time to open a movie. Only time I can think of a movie opening in wide release in that slot and being a hit is The Last Samurai.

Krampus, Closer, Honey, Behind Enemy Lines.  Then again, some of this depends on how you view a "hit."

32 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Completely agree, I can't wait. I'm just wondering if I should read the book first or not.

If you're a fan of the Room the book is unmissable regardless. Or even better: listen to the audiobook. Sisetero's impressions of Wiseau is constantly hilarious.

• Like 1