Hernan Gonzalez

Argentina Box Office - Minions: first movie ever to do $35m+!!!

1 hour ago, Hei25 said:

Thursday May 2nd Estimates:

1. Avengers: Endgame 91.905 adm. (-71) / Total = 1.901.204 adm. 

2. No one cares

A:E had a steep fall something that was expected comming from the hugest Opening Day ever and consuming a lot of demand. Yet compared to Avengers: Infinity War it fell just 5% (56.907 adm. -66%). If it can manage to a weekend hold below 50% will be magnificent. At this point 3M admissions are locked.

Those adm. converts to what amount of money?

8 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So Endgame will be doing $20mn Approx, that's like 900mn in local currency. I don't know, but this look really out of place as this will translate to $250mn Approx at 2009 rates. What sort of ticket rates inflation are we talking here. :jeb!:

Good or bad sign for end game? Sorry im dumb about these things

10 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

IW did 16M Total in Argentina, so 20M by End-Game looks good, above 25%

Can it go higher than IW 35 or 40% at this rate? 

I mean can  reach $30M at this rate? Higher 90% than IW

Edited by Nakamura

6 minutes ago, Nakamura said:

Can it go higher than IW 35 or 40% at this rate? 

I mean can  reach $30M at this rate? Higher 90% than IW

See this>

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

IW did 385mn approx in local currency. Endgame will be doing 900mn in local currency. :jeb!:

You do understand, In local currency its almost 3 times, almost 300% above IW?

Its only sums to 25% when converted to Dollars, its already.....

Edited by anti-Pedantic

10 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

See this>

I mean its already pass $20M, right? Can it hit $30M for the rest of its life in Argentina?

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So Endgame will be doing $20mn Approx, that's like 900mn in local currency. I don't know, but this look really out of place as this will translate to $250mn Approx at 2009 rates. What sort of ticket rates inflation are we talking here. :jeb!:

Ticket inflation is actually lower than general inflation which is the second highest in the world after Venezuela. 

Funny because they elected their current president precisely to not become Venezuela. Worked wonderfully so far :hahaha:

Edited by salvador-232
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Ticket inflation is actually slower than general inflation which is the second highest in the world after Venezuela. 

Funny because they elected their current president precisely to not become Venezuela. Worked wonderfully so far :hahaha:

I am curious about what the fuck is happening in other end of world. 

Avengers: Endgame is set to one of the biggest second weekends ever with a really powerful hold. In my mind the only second weekend better than this is Minion's one (857k adm.) which was pushed by holiday weekend.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2019 at 9:55 AM, anti-Pedantic said:

See this>

There are many factors, ER has many troubles. And the big diference in local currency revenue is that this time Endgame had no promotions like 2x1 tickets during it's first 4 days something that Infinity War had.

Yet thanks the fall of the ER you can't see reflected in USD revenue.

Then if you are billionaire in Argentina or elsewhere it's the same you will be billionaire even with high inflation %. 

Argentina has a high inflation % but also the average increase in salaries are high. For example Inflation this year will be around 35% and salaries increase will be arround 25-30% depending the industry.

Weekend Estimates (May 2nd - May 5th):

1. Avengers: Endgame / 755.655 adm. (-36%) / Total = 2.570.789 adm.

2. The Curse of La Llorona / 47.275 adm. (-29%) / Total = 361.402 adm.

3. Dumbo / 30.035 (-20%) / Total = 1.004.256 adm.

Endgame continues it's magnificent run after becoming the fastest movie to reach 2M admissions if became the fastest to reach 2.5M admissions and is on track to be the fastest to reach 3M. Where is heading is hard to predict, yet 4M it's a difficult result but not impossible after the strong weekdays and the weekend hold. As around the globe it will face it's first test when Detective Pikachu hits theaters on thursday.

La Llorona in a silent run, has passed 300k admissions a very solid mark more having in mind that it faced th biggest release ever.

Dumbo reached 1M admissions milestone being the 4th movie of the year (Ralph, CM, A:E) to do so.

Edited by Hei25
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thursday 20th June:

Toy Story 4 delivered the biggest OD ever, blasting every existing record (Avengers: Endgame 310.911 adm.), with a wordless 417.955 adm. The day was pushed by a holiday and a cold and rainy day. Yet, this is mindblowing.

In fact, this is the first time I see a movie reaching 400k adm. in a day so this also is a record for a single day in attendance.

Now...after Avengers: Endgame I wasn't expecting nothing even close to it, the OW record is going down so fast )

Edited by Hei25
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 18

Estimates went up, now it stands at mindblowing 423.718 adm. with previews 435.266 adm. 

It needs 750k admissions during FSS, something that could happend, more if we have in mind that today will be pushed by yesterday's holiday and the bad weather forecast for the weekend. 

I'm kinda shocked, besting A:E by more than 100k admissions is unbeliveble.-

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

42 minutes ago, Hei25 said:

Estimates went up, now it stands at mindblowing 423.718 adm. with previews 435.266 adm. 

It needs 750k admissions during FSS, something that could happend, more if we have in mind that today will be pushed by yesterday's holiday and the bad weather forecast for the weekend. 

I'm kinda shocked, besting A:E by more than 100k admissions is unbeliveble.-

How does that translate to US$?