Olive

Guardians of the Galaxy OS Thread($768M WW Total )

In the UK/IrelandGuardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2

Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday.

GOTGalso bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2

Intl Box Office: Russia Leads Space Race With $3.2M Open For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’; Day 1 Overseas Cume At $11M Edited by Star-Lord Olive
  • Like 7

In the UK/IrelandGuardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2

Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday.

GOTGalso bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2

Intl Box Office: Russia Leads Space Race With $3.2M Open For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’; Day 1 Overseas Cume At $11M

Latin America worked wonders there :wub:  It's such a big market for Hollywood movies now, sometimes bigger than Europe.

UK did great as well, and of course Russia :)

• Like 2

400m looks well within range at this point. With good WOM, it can keep chugging along through August and September.Depending on next week holds and China, 500m could be a possibility.

Oh, it's going to have a great WOM. At least in Brazil. 

It's a movie you can take your whole family to watch.

• Like 1

Oh, it's going to have a great WOM. At least in Brazil. 

It's a movie you can take your whole family to watch.

30m is reachable in Brazil :) After all it has a better start than Captain America 2 and targets a wider audience :)

30m is reachable in Brazil :) After all it has a better start than Captain America 2 and targets a wider audience :)

Too bad it isn't a better movie than Cap2.

Most people will like it more than Cap2 especially those who love animation style of humour and story telling. It's very funny and the pacing was so great that there won't be any boring or slow moment.

I can see how GOTG can be the most accessible one out of all SH movies this year. Marvel did know their audience well.

• Like 1

Too bad it isn't a better movie than Cap2.Most people will like it more than Cap2 especially those who love animation style of humour and story telling. It's very funny and the pacing was so great that there won't be any boring or slow moment.I can see how GOTG can be the most accessible one out of all SH movies this year. Marvel did know their audience well.

For now many people think it's better than Cap2.Given I loved Cap2 I can't wait to see this :D
  • Like 1

For now many people think it's better than Cap2.Given I loved Cap2 I can't wait to see this :D

Cap 2 is more geared to an adult audience only and could even be too violent for young kids.  I love it a lot but i wouldn't have watched it with a young kid as i am sure many of them, especially little girls could have been turned off by the violence.  

I haven't seen GOTG yet as it opens on August the 13th in Belgium, but it looks, sounds like the perfect summer movie.

A quirky colorfull space opera with weird creatures, full of escapism, heart, humour and lighthearted.  

That's the perfect family movie during the summer vacay.  It has all the ingredients to break out in Europe during that period of the year where everyone is relaxed, people are hollidaying with kids and just want to chill and have a great time with the entire family at the theaters

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1