The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies Post-2000: RESULTS

Yeah, this list is really inconsistent. 

Lots of headscratchers on here.  :mellow:

Did you seriously think a thread called 'BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies' would have any degree of consistency? 

BOF treats The Dark Knight as the Second Coming.Of course it's very overrated. Any movie treated with that much circle-jerking and BJs that isn't near-perfect is very overrated.

Not sure what your bar for perfection is if its not nearly perfect, but it is a tightly scripted, dark, complex, and thematic movie with an exceptional performance in it that transcended the genre.  I'm not a Nolanite, I don't even care much for Batman Begins or TKDR(I've only seen both of those movies once, *yawn*), but I get why people love The Dark Knight so much.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

I'm sorry for the wait, I got into a debate with an ignorant hick on twitter who wouldn't stop trying to convince me that the Confederate Flag represented Southern Heritage and Patriotic pride in America (he tried telling me the confederates didn't commit treason, and that secession is Constitutional....).  Sometimes, I am really disgusted about the area that I live in but then I realize not all Texans (especially the city dwellers like me) are ignorant hicks so all is well.

Toy Story 3

(209 points, 7 votes)

Posted Image

Woody, Buzz and the whole gang are back. As their owner Andy prepares to depart for college, his loyal toys find themselves in daycare where untamed tots with their sticky little fingers do not play nice. So, it's all for one and one for all as they join Barbie's counterpart Ken, a thespian hedgehog named Mr. Pricklepants and a pink, strawberry-scented teddy bear called Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear to plan their great escape. 

TomatoMeter - 99%

IMDb - 8.5

Metacritic - 92

Box Office - 415m Dom / 1.06b WW

Why Critics Think It's Overrated -

"While this is a good sequel, I wish it had had more of the emotion that had made the first two films so memorable." - Jeff Beck, Examiner.com

"I can understand the creators not wanting to sugarcoat life merely because the colors are brighter and voices chirpier, but why is Toy Story 3 so intent on being such a manipulative downer?" - Jordan Hiller, Bangitout.com

Why Box Office Analysts Think It's Overrated -

"i was led to believe that this was going to be a really good film on growing up. and in the very beginning and very end, it was nice enough. but the considerable majority of the film was spent in an utterly generic escape story about the Bad Toy Gang trapping the Good Toy Family in an Evil Place. that barbie and ken stuff was just low. and it didn't even have a cool comic relief character to fall back on ala dory. but because of the bookends it wasn't a complete loss." - lisa

"This was a weird film for me. It was definitely well made, but for some reason I was unable to feel the intense emotions that others felt. That is rather odd for me because I usually get emotional quite easily in sad films." - Night Fury

Fun Fact"The final shot in the film before the end credits is that of white clouds against a blue sky. This is a reference to the very first frame of the movie, which is also the same as the first frame of the Toy Story trilogy, that of white clouds against a blue sky in the wallpaper on Andy's room."

• Like 3

Not sure what your bar for perfection is if its not nearly perfect, but it is a tightly scripted, dark, complex, and thematic movie with an exceptional performance in it that transcended the genre.  I'm not a Nolanite, I don't even care much for Batman Begins or TKDR(I've only seen both of those movies once, *yawn*), but I get why people love The Dark Knight so much.

The third act kinda falls out from under its feet, particularly with them insanely rushing through Two-Face just so Nolan can get the ending he wanted with Fugitive Batman (that he then wastes with a 10-year time jump for TDKR).
  • Like 3

I'm sorry for the wait, I got into a debate with an ignorant hick on twitter who wouldn't stop trying to convince me that the Confederate Flag represented Southern Heritage and Patriotic pride in America (he tried telling me the confederates didn't commit treason, and that secession is Constitutional....).  Sometimes, I am really disgusted about the area that I live in but then I realize not all Texans (especially the city dwellers like me) are ignorant hicks so all is well.

Toy Story 3

(209 points, 7 votes)

Posted Image

Woody, Buzz and the whole gang are back. As their owner Andy prepares to depart for college, his loyal toys find themselves in daycare where untamed tots with their sticky little fingers do not play nice. So, it's all for one and one for all as they join Barbie's counterpart Ken, a thespian hedgehog named Mr. Pricklepants and a pink, strawberry-scented teddy bear called Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear to plan their great escape. 

TomatoMeter - 99%

IMDb - 8.5

Metacritic - 92

Box Office - 415m Dom / 1.06b WW

Why Critics Think It's Overrated -

"While this is a good sequel, I wish it had had more of the emotion that had made the first two films so memorable." - Jeff Beck, Examiner.com

"I can understand the creators not wanting to sugarcoat life merely because the colors are brighter and voices chirpier, but why is Toy Story 3 so intent on being such a manipulative downer?" - Jordan Hiller, Bangitout.com

Why Box Office Analysts Think It's Overrated -

"i was led to believe that this was going to be a really good film on growing up. and in the very beginning and very end, it was nice enough. but the considerable majority of the film was spent in an utterly generic escape story about the Bad Toy Gang trapping the Good Toy Family in an Evil Place. that barbie and ken stuff was just low. and it didn't even have a cool comic relief character to fall back on ala dory. but because of the bookends it wasn't a complete loss." - lisa

"This was a weird film for me. It was definitely well made, but for some reason I was unable to feel the intense emotions that others felt. That is rather odd for me because I usually get emotional quite easily in sad films." - Night Fury

Fun Fact"The final shot in the film before the end credits is that of white clouds against a blue sky. This is a reference to the very first frame of the movie, which is also the same as the first frame of the Toy Story trilogy, that of white clouds against a blue sky in the wallpaper on Andy's room."

Ugh. TS3 should not be on this list. It is not overrated at all. It is properly rated as the great movie it is. :angry:

Even if people disagree, it should at least not be #2 on this list.  :angry:

• Like 1