The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies Post-2000: RESULTS

And now for the most overrated movie since 2000 according to 20 users of Box Office Forums

Magic Mike

(9 Votes, 295 points)

Posted Image

Mike Lane is a thirty-year old living in Tampa,Florida. By day he works as a roofer whilst at night, as Magic Mike, he is the star attraction of the Kings of Tampa, a group of male strippers. Secretly he wants out in order to further a projected furniture-making business but his credit rating precludes a bank loan for this despite his considerable savings. One night Adam, a teen-aged work-mate of Mike, follows him to the club and, when one of the acts is unable to go on,he is prevailed upon to strip - becoming a huge hit. However success goes to his head and his foolish actions not only threaten to jeopardize his sister Brooke's relationship with Mike but Mike's ambitions as well.

TomatoMeter - 80%

IMDb - 6.1

Metacritic - 72

Box Office - 113m DOM / 167m WW

Why Critics Think It's Overrated -

"Why, Soderbergh, why!?" - Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal

"Probably the most overhyped piece of shit I have seen in my life." - Richard Brody, New Yorker

Why Box Office Analysts Think It's Overrated -

"This may be overrated, but I still liked it." - Michael Gary Scott

"I honestly don't understand why the girls in my crowd screamed so much in showing, they way overhyped this film.  Even Little Tele was confused about all the excitement." - Telemachos

Fun FactThose quotes above may or may not have been made up by me.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 7

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Posted Image

I did a recount on the votes, it turns out you are right.

Magic Mike actually scored 0 points and didn't place on the list, I sorry for the confusion, here is the real number 1

The Avengers

(250 Points, 7 Votes)

Posted Image

Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency. The agency is a who's who of Marvel Super Heroes, with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When global security is threatened by Loki and his cohorts, Nick Fury and his team will need all their powers to save the world from disaster.

TomatoMeter - 92%

IMDb - 8.2

Metacritic - 69

Box Office - 623m DOM / 1.52b WW

"After years of buildup and prequels, "The Avengers" is merely average." - Whitney Seibold, CraveOnline

"The filmmakers play a conservative game, not setting out to make a great movie but simply making sure not to screw it up an entire franchise." - Kirk Honeycutt, honeycuttshollywood.com

Why Box Office Analysts Think It's Overrated -

"The biggest problem with the lack of surprises is that the fights in the climax have little ebb and flow. At no point in an action scene does good-bad-good stuff happen. There is no suspense. There's no weight, and therefore no momentum. This could easily have been rectified if the proper writers were hired as consultants. Hollywood cannot make intelligent action-ish popcorn movies." - luffy

"It's a decent summer popcorn flick, but I'm honestly a bit surprised by all the raving. It's a film that entertains and looks good on screen, but really has very little else to offer." - mattmav45

Fun FactMagic Mike winning was a joke and this was the actual winner.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 7

Magic Mike actually scored 0 points and didn't place on the list, I sorry for the confusion, here is the real number 1

The Avengers

(250 Points, 7 Votes)

Posted Image

Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency. The agency is a who's who of Marvel Super Heroes, with Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow. When global security is threatened by Loki and his cohorts, Nick Fury and his team will need all their powers to save the world from disaster.

TomatoMeter - 92%

IMDb - 8.2

Metacritic - 69

"After years of buildup and prequels, "The Avengers" is merely average." - Whitney Seibold, CraveOnline

"The filmmakers play a conservative game, not setting out to make a great movie but simply making sure not to screw it up an entire franchise." - Kirk Honeycutt, honeycuttshollywood.com

"The biggest problem with the lack of surprises is that the fights in the climax have little ebb and flow. At no point in an action scene does good-bad-good stuff happen. There is no suspense. There's no weight, and therefore no momentum. This could easily have been rectified if the proper writers were hired as consultants. Hollywood cannot make intelligent action-ish popcorn movies." - luffy

"It's a decent summer popcorn flick, but I'm honestly a bit surprised by all the raving. It's a film that entertains and looks good on screen, but really has very little else to offer." - mattmav45

Posted Image

• Like 4

The Avengers

(250 Points, 7 Votes)

Posted Image

TomatoMeter - 92%

IMDb - 8.2

Metacritic - 69

Posted Image

Loved the way you revealed this.  :lol:

• Like 3

The Avengers

(250 Points, 7 Votes)

Posted Image

TomatoMeter - 92%

IMDb - 8.2

Metacritic - 69

Posted Image

• Like 4