The Panda

BoxOffice.com's Official 25 Most Overrated Movies Post-2000: RESULTS

^I disagree with that.Roger Ebert once said that the reason he and Gene Siskel fought so much over movies was because when one disagreed with the other, they found it an attack on each other's character. Ebert said that your opinion on a movie goes beyond the movie itself, it tells us who you are, and so when there's disagreement, you should be passionate about it (I paraphrased here).Should we go crazy because the general public disagrees with us? No. But we should care because at the end of the day, the cinema is a part of our lives, a large part our lives, a serious part of our lives. It tells us who we are. And so if we disagree with the general trend, we should voice our opinion. We should say a movie's overrated. Not because the general public's opinion matters, but because our opinion matters. And because by voicing our disagreement, we can tell others who we are and maybe even learn something about ourselves.Anyways, speaking of voicing disagreement, I completely agree with the #1 position. To me, The Avengers is by far the most overrated movie in a long time. I mean it was cool seeing the main characters come together, but the novelty wore off after the first 10 minutes.Meanwhile, I found Loki to be like every other villain in the MCU universe (and the DC universe) in terms of what he wanted to do (TAKE OVER/DESTROY EARTH) and I found the last action sequence pretty boring (because come on, we've seen cities destroyed before, heck TF3 did it in the same exact way the year before with a huge portal).

• Like 1

The entire movie is emotional well done and funny, not just the last five minutes. Wonderful flick.Everyone I know thinks highly of it.

Yeah but all your friends are probably nerds Fancyarcher ;) Edited by Jessie

I hate to be a hipster, but I was into the MCU before it was mainstream. So Avengers was both a huge payoff and the end of it being something I had discovered on my own, if that makes sense.

I hate to be a hipster, but I was into the MCU before it was mainstream. So Avengers was both a huge payoff and the end of it being something I had discovered on my own, if that makes sense.

Didn't MCU start with Iron Man? If so, then MCU became mainstream the minute it came out since Iron Man was a huge hit by its third day. The fact that I had invested time in the MCU made The Avengers more disappointing to me.

• Like 1

Didn't MCU start with Iron Man? If so, then MCU became mainstream the minute it came out since Iron Man was a huge hit by its third day. The fact that I had invested time in the MCU made The Avengers more disappointing to me.

I'm exaggerating a bit. But even after Iron Man came out, I knew it was building to something big when most people didn't. (Outside of internet forums, of course)