Crunching the Numbers, A 4815162342 Review Thread

20. The Nine Tailors

Why You Should See It: It's a sleek period mystery with a sparkling and smooth ensemble cast that chews up the scenery with gusto and aplomb.

19. Spring Awakening

Why You Should See It: If you like musicals, doomed teenage love, tales of societal repression and misunderstanding, and empathizing with people feeling out of place when they grow up, this is exactly what you need.

18. 56 Days of Love

Why You Should See it: See the above, minus the musical aspect. Plus it's got lesbian interactions between Reese Witherspoon and Natalie Portman.

Posted Image

17. Sitting Ducks

Why You Should See It: It's an animated film with lots of fire and zip, it energizes the audience with some humor, some wit, and a warm tale of oddball opposites becoming fast friends against the odds.

16. Spellforce: The Order of Dawn

Why You Should See It: Other than the kickass title, it's the one truly epic fantasy film of the year and you'll be thrilled and awed by the visuals, the suspense, and the adventure.

Interconnected didn't click with me Electric. Too much stuff swirling around in the plot with not enough connections or explanations for what the universe is like and why the characters do what they do.

15. Barren World

Why You Should See It: For a heartfelt and exciting post-apocalyptic drama with Hugh Jackman bringing close to his A-game. Forgive the film for its thin backstory and development since the relationship between Jackman and his daughter sells the film.

14. Call of Duty

Why You Should See it: It's a thrilling adrenaline ride with the courage to kill off one of the main protagonists halfway through.

13. Nation

Why You Should See It: An emotional and touching period adventure that features some quality acting from unknown actors/actresses who could make a splash if someone had bothered to give them names...

12. Alien-Nation

Why You Should See It: More Close Encounters than anything else, this is an alien encounter film that is based on the drama of a husband's obsession driving a wedge between him and his wife, as an alien mystery swirls around them both.

11. The Chrysalids

Why You Should See It: For a thrilling dystopian adventure, the film kicks up energy and grit as it throws its young protagonists into a fight for their lives in a world filled with danger.

• Like 1

10. American Idols

Why You Should See It: A gut-punching drama that shows the dark side of Middle America, even if it gets a bit too outlandish in its execution.

9. Vesta

Why You Should See It: An epic sci-fi adventure that somehow makes you root for human imperialism and supremacism. Emotional and thrilling.

6. And the Band Played On/The End of The Universe/Hired Guns

Why All 3 In the Same Place and Not in the Top 5?: Because I'm waiting to see which ones become true BP contenders before committing to any 1. Plus I love them all for different reasons.

5. The Morrow

Why You Should See It: Because it's The Morrow!!! For those unfamiliar from CAYOM 1.0, it's a thrilling, chilling, emotional, and pulse-pounding sci-fi action/thriller/adventure/coolness

4. The Father Figure

Why You Should See It: It's not as good as WaterBottle's best film ever (from CAYOM Y46 and it should have won BP that year over my film), but it is still a very emotional, heartfelt, and endearing film that draws you in for the full term.

3. Rapture

Why You Should See It: It's no No Remores. In fact it's better (I ranked that film #8 of the year I recall). It's got drama, romance, thrills, and all sorts of stuff that will glue you to your seat.

2. Wings of Icarus

Why You Should See It: Gemini Reigns! Seriously, It's a RySenkari animated film. He puts 110% into this babies.

1. Chronicle

Why You Should See It: It ranked #1 on my list in Year 45. Frank didn't change anything, so it remains just as good.

My Top 25:

1. Chronicle

2. Wings of Icarus

3. Rapture

4. The Father Figure

5. The Morrow

6. And the Band Played On/The End of the Universe/Hired Guns

9. Vesta

10. American Idols

11. The Chrysalids

12. Alien-Nation

13. Nation