Emirazza

Nobody Cares Gary Oldman

Yeah, nobody cares! Everyone is hoping Leo to win an Academy Award in near future, But not for Oldman. Why??? Am I the only one who thinks, Oldman is the greatest living actor? What do you think? Is he overrated? Is he overacting? Is he a talentless hack? What's wrong with him? Let's discuss!

• Like 1

What Leo has yet to do is take a fundamentally transformative role. All of his roles still have the same underlying Leo-ness, even his crazy psycho in Django Unchained (which is one of his best performances).But Oldman can totally disappear into roles. Look at his turn in The Contenderhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vUGbX6UX10The average person had no idea that was Gary Oldman until the credits.

Edited by 4815162342

There are plenty of great actors that never won an Oscar or only won when they were way older in life. I don't know why Leo is constantly singled out. The constant Oscar whoring surrounding DiCaprio makes me want him to lose

Because Leo is the only one begging for it. Edited by Jessie

There are plenty of great actors that never won an Oscar or only won when they were way older in life. I don't know why Leo is constantly singled out. The constant Oscar whoring surrounding DiCaprio makes me want him to lose 

Only actor above Oldman is Peter O'Toole. But O'Toole had 8 Oscar nods, while Oldman has a single nod.  

Oldman is most definitely underrated. I was very glad to see him finally get his due (relatively speaking) with that Best Actor nomination for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Alas, unless he has an extremely baity role, he's probably destined to be just an honorary Oscar recipient, if that.

Yeah, nobody cares! Everyone is hoping Leo to win an Academy Award in near future, But not for Oldman. Why??? Am I the only one who thinks, Oldman is the greatest living actor? What do you think? Is he overrated? Is he overacting? Is he a talentless hack? What's wrong with him? Let's discuss!

I've seen this many times before.  Gary Oldman is my favorite actor.  The ultimate chameleon.  I've held him in high regard since Air Force One then I saw some of his earlier work and it reaffirmed my opinion of him.  He is the best living actor IMO.