CJohn

LEGO's Ninjago | Lego Movie Spin-off | September 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 3

11 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

This movie even failed my OW/DOM/WW 30/100/200 prediction... so much for "when they go low, we go high"... I should not put out such a high number next time...so disappointed...

What are your laughable predictions for JL my friend?

34 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

My mom saw this with my nephews yesterday...even senior citizens are saying Lego Bats was way better.  It's not a good sign when they are telling you to keep the kids home (guess my boys are waiting til November:)...  

JL and Coco I'm guessing?

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Just JL - kids have no interest in Coco...

Oldest is also doing Murder on the Orient Express for a teen birthday party night (tween gets to go, too, but boys stay home:)...

What about Thor?

3 minutes ago, raegr said:

What about Thor?

Kids aren't interested - spouse and I are still deciding on that one - Thor 2 really took our interest level down for Thor movies, but if Disney or Fandango were to toss us cheap tickets, we'd probably jump.  The problem is that we know we have 2 movie weekends that month already, and we have other interests (we host a weekend adults only gaming night, we have birthdays to celebrate, there's Thanksgiving and football, we have to take our oldest to a testing event, etc)...so the month is full and it's the 3rd choice going so far...so, it's a maybe for 2?:)

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Kids aren't interested - spouse and I are still deciding on that one - Thor 2 really took our interest level down for Thor movies, but if Disney or Fandango were to toss us cheap tickets, we'd probably jump.  The problem is that we know we have 2 movie weekends that month already, and we have other interests (we host a weekend adults only gaming night, we have birthdays to celebrate, there's Thanksgiving and football, we have to take our oldest to a testing event, etc)...so the month is full and it's the 3rd choice going so far...so, it's a maybe for 2?:)

There goes the trailer view logic. Families aren't crazy about Thor and Thor:Ragnarok is aimed at the Teen-25 Y/O White Male

JL appeals to four quadrants and the families will flock to JL and Coco

NOT THOR

Edited by raegr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, raegr said:

There goes the trailer view logic. Families aren't crazy about Thor and Thor:Ragnarok is aimed at the Teen-25 Y/O White Male

JL appeals to four quadrants and the families will flock to JL and Coco

NOT THOR

Hypothetically speaking have you considered that one person doesn't mean facts. If we used that logic Coco is not appealing well. I think you are letting your feelings cloud judgement. I'm not denying there's family appeal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Hypothetically speaking have you considered that one person doesn't mean facts. If we used that logic Coco is not appealing well. I think you are letting your feelings cloud judgement. I'm not denying there's family appeal.

I agree with you:)...I see Thor appealing wildly to the teen-adult male demo, of which only my spouse is a member in my family...and he is the one most interested in this movie, just not interested enough to pay full price (we couldn't use all the Fandango BOGO deals from Sept b/c we can't go OW, so without a future BOGO, he may miss out - although I'm sure those BOGOs have popped up presales:)...

My spouse would probably be in at $5-$7 ticket...and I'd probably go with him for a date night:).  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I agree with you:)...I see Thor appealing wildly to the teen-adult male demo, of which only my spouse is a member in my family...and he is the one most interested in this movie, just not interested enough to pay full price (we couldn't use all the Fandango BOGO deals from Sept b/c we can't go OW, so without a future BOGO, he may miss out - although I'm sure those BOGOs have popped up presales:)...

My spouse would probably be in at $5-$7 ticket...and I'd probably go with him for a date night:).  

Cool! It will do great with it's target demographic but JL has that demographic + women + children + older couples

9 minutes ago, raegr said:

Cool! It will do great with it's target demographic but JL has that demographic + women + children + older couples

No adult or female in my family is interested in JL.  So does that speak for those entire demos?  Of course not.

Edited by TalismanRing