CJohn

LEGO's Ninjago | Lego Movie Spin-off | September 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 3

I actually think that the best animation story this year is Boss Baby.

Dreamworks proved the haters wrong and went on to gross $500m with an original just out of a catchy concept and some good marketing.

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie myself. It had a lot of heart and well I laughed really hard at some moments.

It was exactly what the kids go nuts for.

16 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I am really afraid that you will turn out true..

After not nomination for "Lego: Movie" I stopped afraid for this. 

It's a sad true of our life. World where we have "The Tale of the Princess Kaguya" in nomination's list, but "Big Hero 6" wins. And more, and more, and...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

After not nomination for "Lego: Movie" I stopped afraid for this. 

It's a sad true of our life. World where we have "The Tale of the Princess Kaguya" in nomination's list, but "Big Hero 6" wins. And more, and more, and...

Jeez I just got so mad being reminded this. Big Hero 6 was soooo average!

Zootopia winning over Kubo last year too!

Ughh

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Jeez I just got so mad being reminded this. Big Hero 6 was soooo average!

Zootopia winning over Kubo last year too!

Ughh

Honestly, Zootopia is good. Yeah, Kubo is better, much better, but Zootopia has a decent quality. And that's important.

But: Big Hero 6, Brave, Frozen, etc. are absolutely generic material and they won when in top 5 was fucking amazing rivals.

Hey, anybody complaining over Zootopia winning the Oscar should get a brain check, because it 100% deserved it, with or without Kubo being there.

But yes, the Brave and Big Hero 6 wins were BS if you ask me. This year, I really hope Lego Batman at least gets a nomination, but Coco is probably gonna win.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hey, anybody complaining over Zootopia winning the Oscar should get a brain check, because it 100% deserved it, with or without Kubo being there.

But yes, the Brave and Big Hero 6 wins were BS if you ask me. This year, I really hope Lego Batman at least gets a nomination, but Coco is probably gonna win.

Come on man. I should have a braincheck because I don't share the same opinion as you do?

I thought Kubo was much much better than Zootopia. I also thought that Frozen was soooo overrated. Dory too.

Am I not entitled to believe so??

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Come on man. I should have a braincheck because I don't share the same opinion as you do?

I thought Kubo was much much better than Zootopia. I also thought that Frozen was soooo overrated. Dory too.

Am I not entitled to believe so??

Oh, here we go again with the victimization.

Of course you're allowed to have your opinion. I'm posting my own opinion that Zootopia deserved it in a rather sarcastic way. I don't actually want you to get a brain check, it's just a joke. Relax a little bit.

(But there's a side of me that yes, really wants you to get one :sparta:)

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, here we go again with the victimization.

Of course you're allowed to have your opinion. I'm posting my own opinion that Zootopia deserved it in a rather sarcastic way. I don't actually want you to get a brain check, it's just a joke. Relax a little bit.

(But there's a side of me that yes, really wants you to get one :sparta:)

Well reading my comment again I was so exaggeratory.

Apologies. I don't know why I went so dramatic about it.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

garmadon is a fun character and everything involving the cat is inherently great (because cats. Duh) but otherwise this is pretty dire. Far more than both previous movies this is basically like watching a pop culture-savvy and terminally boring kid play legos. Zero stakes of any kind whatsoever, and zero finesse in humor or action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

garmadon is a fun character and everything involving the cat is inherently great (because cats. Duh) but otherwise this is pretty dire. Far more than both previous movies this is basically like watching a pop culture-savvy and terminally boring kid play legos. Zero stakes of any kind whatsoever, and zero finesse in humor or action.

Ugh, I'm looking forward to seeing this in a few hours a lot less now :kitschjob: Both of this weekend's releases seem like tedious movies. Martin from Double Toasted HATED this movie, so my curiosity is at least piked a little.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Ugh, I'm looking forward to seeing this in a few hours a lot less now :kitschjob: Both of this weekend's releases seem like tedious movies. Martin from Double Toasted HATED this movie, so my curiosity is at least piked a little.

Stay home and watch some Criterion dude. I'm at least getting paid to review this